Rolld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rolld Employee Reviews

Australia64 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Can be very busy, sometimes it's just you and the chef which can be stressful when busy. But when quiet it can be boring, not much to do.

Everything is pretty simple and easy to pick up on. A typical day includes taking orders, preparing food, cleaning etc... Training is very rushed, you have to figure some things out on your own or continue to ask others

Pros

free roles if closing store

Cons

not great pay

Don’t work here

Roll’d runaway bay was one of the worse places I have ever worked. The management was horrible, they had no organisation, they were ungrateful and rude. The other team members were great but overall was a terrible work place.

great place

Roll'd is a great place to work and the best shifts are with your favourite coworkers. Can be harsh with head office visiting, but usually fairly relaxed

Work is fine until it gets busy. Wouldn't recommend.

Shocking management, very stingy and did not hire enough staff. Many instances of us being understaffed and the manager didn't bother finding replacements so we just suffered. Management wants to hire yes men robots and will give you a hard time if you aren't a doormat to them. Very fast paced environment serving customers and finishing over 500 rolls daily. If there are delays with rolling then the whole day is ruined and very difficult. Rolling itself is easy when you get used to it but very boring and repetitive and so much pressure is put on you to get rolls done in time. Front of house (serving customers only), rolling and back of house should be paid different amounts as some jobs are easier than others. Adore the people there - most staff are really nice and most customers are understanding

Pros

Free food, most customers and coworkers are lovely, work is easy but boring, expanded my skills a lot

Cons

Fast paced and stressful, terrible management, understaffed, deserve more pay

Fun workplace

Rolld is genuinely a really nice place to work, after being in this industry for 10+ years it was really hard to finally find somewhere where you are treated well and paid fairly.

I love it

It’s great time flys I love working here the people are lovely and the hours are great it’s never boring and there’s always something to flag there.

Not recommended

Pay was bad, they give me many shifts and are feel like it’s because my pay rate is lower, and they insist on giving me shifts even if I told them I’m not free on that day. Friendly team members though

Pros

Half price if you buy food here

Cons

A lot to do but pay is bad

ok work place. management is shocking

i worked here for a bit and all was going GREAT, people were friendly but as time went on and as it got closer to my 18th birthday they just stopped giving me shifts. i begged and told them i need rent money and to save for a car and they did nothing and didn’t respond. so much drama amongst team members as they mostly hire kids (cheaper to pay), i felt as if i wasn’t cared for by management and it was disappointing. you stand there for 10 seconds while waiting for water to run or just anything to finish and you basically get told you’re lazy but you are actually doing the job LOL. it’s disappointing. not to mention PAY they messed up my pay almost everytime and didn’t do anything about it until i chased them up on it. their clock in and out system is absolutely horrific.i’ll miss the regular customers though.

Pros

pay is OK

Cons

Little to no hours management is horrific workplace drama messed up pays

Don’t work here

The staff was lovely and taught me more than the manager did, they expected you to perfect everything after 1 day of experience. Hardly got any shift and took them 2 weeks to say that I was let go. Also got me to come in to work 3 hours before my shift without pay. They break health and safety protocols such as leaving ingredients that are suppose to be in the fridge out on the benches and leave phone and drinks laying around everywhere including at work stations. They definitely play favourite

Pros

50% discount of food Lovely staff members

Cons

Not enough hours Management could be better

Horrible Management

If you can avoid working there, please do. The management is absolutely terrible. They play an extreme game of favourites and if you are not one your life will be miserable. The other workers are all lovely people. The only issue are the owners. No job should pay you so inconsistently that you need a spreadsheet to keep track of what you should be paid and when...

Welcoming, feels like a family, pay a bit low

Fun workplace with very friendly staff. Management is very welcoming and inclusive, and I feel cared for. Very fast-paced around lunchtime, but can become boring when not at rush hours. Pay is a bit low, I get around $12 an hour however I am under 18.

Pros

50% off discount on full menu but only at the specific store you work at, Caring and friendly staff, Healthy and tasty menu

Cons

Pay a bit low, Not enough shifts

friendly staff

good environment, learned how to make rice paper rollsstaff was friendlyhad to take on a variety of tasks like cashier, making rolls, cleaning tables and dishes, and stock filling

Terrible Management

Management was terrible. They manually add in your hours worked. I often had missed hours on my payslip which meant I got my pay reduced. First off, one time I was late and had told the manager. I came in at 3:05pm, 5min late. Next week saw my payslip, manager had reduced 15min off my payslip in total instead of 5min. When I brought it up to her (J.P - her initials), she had said, "it is an expectation you come to work 15min early" like wtf. Another time, I came to work at 11:55am, my shift was at 12pm. But the manager screamed at me for showing up "late" saying how it is the company's expectations that you come 15min early even you don't get paid for it. After this I left.The management was just terrible. I wouldn't want to say where I work at because the manager will know - but just avoid roll'd in the city in general.PS, she also rostered people to go on 2-4 hours break to save labour cost. waste of time

Pros

colleagues

Cons

long hours, low rate, long breaks.

Unfair paid

I already knew how to cook so they put me in the back of house. Even though, I asked to work front of house, they always found a way round it. -Back of house is a lot of responsibility, you have to cook, prep for the front of house and clean. Not just mopping the floor and washing dishes, you also have to change oil, get rid of waste to the storage and do a lot.-Compared to front of house which was just rolling soldiers and dealing with customers. Which gets paid the same or more than back of house(age min), we get scolded more than front of house. At least, pay back of house more like a salary of a chef, as, we already have a responsibility of a chef. Keep in mind, I was doing all this by myself most of the time.-They were very vague about the job description saying you are only back of house to help the kitchen so they don't have to pay you chef's rate. I was in the kitchen doing 4 disks at once with no help. Teaches good multitasking skill but not worth the pay for the effort you put out.Only good thing was your colleagues to keep you from going insane from the 10 orders that you are behind off. Note: It mainly girls in the front, you can only get the front after you work there for a while.

Pros

Discount on food||Underpaid

Cons

Don't pay for overtime and underpaid for workload|| Super busy

Great workplace culture

Working in a growing company has given me an opportunity to learn and grow skills in different aspects. Work-life balance, supportive, and they are caring for each other. However, there is a lack of employee benefits and career developments.

Pros

Workplace culture

Cons

Management, employee benefits

Wouldn't suggest working here

The environment isn't encouraging and the people who work there aren't willing to help you learn. They didn't train me properly and didn't give me opportunities to learn how to thrive in the work place. They were also not understanding of medical leave and said they no longer required my work after I had to leave due to food poisoning their food gave me.

Worst company to work for - avoid

The management are bullies. Dont get paid for menu log trips, manager belittles people all the time. Staff are under valued and claim not to be entitled to breaks.

Pros

Exploited, not paid, used.

When I first started, I was told no information on what the uniform or what to wear (had to research it myself). Other new employees were given information that I wasn't (not sure why). Worked indivudally for most of the entire time and trained for about 5 minutes at both of my shifts, On my second shift, I found out as I was walking to my car that I was fired, and they had sent the new roster out while I was an hour into my 2nd shift. Haven't been paid, despite my rights due to fair work and should at least have a minimum of 6 hours paid. Extremely disappointing that they lack the emotional maturity and experience that they can't even tell an employee that they made through the trial or were not good enough, no reasons at all.If you are going to work here, make sure to be outstanding on your first day to make sure you get the job. It's all about getting everything perfect the first time you do it.

Pros

Friendly colleagues.

Cons

Lack of experience from staff and letting people off. No pay. Used. Pointless.

Good

I have worked at Roll’d for more than half a year. This is a fast-paced working place which can help me improve many skills such as customer service, teamwork, etc.

Fast work culture

Ive been working at Roll’d CBD for over a year. Very flexible hours and easy to organise with personal life. However there was always tension with one of the managers, work efforts was never appreciated but rather humiliated for minor errors. Definitely a judgemental environment and favouritism is visible. On the other hand, customers and coworkers are extremely kind & it’s a great opportunity to build fast paced skills and learn more about Vietnamese cuisine.

Pros

Flexible short hours with kind customers & coworkers

Cons

Judgemental managers that don’t recognise staff efforts unless their sales are high

no recognition of staff efforts

Usually, 8 am starts if opening, spend about 3 hours rolling rice paper rolls while serving customers when finished begin prep for the next day. if closing you are left with whatever is left of the prep while also have to do store runs, packaging runs and serving customers with only 2 staff instore. VERY DIFFICULT. my efforts were constantly overlooked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Rolld
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?