Rolld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rolld Employee Reviews

Australia45 reviews
Ive been working at Roll’d CBD for over a year. Very flexible hours and easy to organise with personal life. However there was always tension with one of the managers, work efforts was never appreciated but rather humiliated for minor errors. Definitely a judgemental environment and favouritism is visible. On the other hand, customers and coworkers are extremely kind & it’s a great opportunity to build fast paced skills and learn more about Vietnamese cuisine.
Pros
Flexible short hours with kind customers & coworkers
Cons
Judgemental managers that don’t recognise staff efforts unless their sales are high
Usually, 8 am starts if opening, spend about 3 hours rolling rice paper rolls while serving customers when finished begin prep for the next day. if closing you are left with whatever is left of the prep while also have to do store runs, packaging runs and serving customers with only 2 staff instore. VERY DIFFICULT. my efforts were constantly overlooked.
Working at Roll'd do not only provide a good work-life balance but their food process is also unhygienic. Work culture is bad. Staff are not friendly and helpful.
I like the whole process of employment. The field trainer is very good and very kind. Working at Roll’d will really help you improve your skills and the management is so good.
I worked in multiple stores with Roll’d. My experience at the Rouse Hill one in particular was that the manager is incredibly rude and inconsiderate. She picks favourites, doesn’t listen to her staff instead works them as her minions. The managing supervisor is her robot. Though the pay is great, chances of getting shifts is fairly unlikely if you suggest a change in the business (i.e. where to store food, how much staff should be rostered), anything suggestive will have the owner/manager cut you and ignore you. No clear communication unless you bow down to her. See this now, do not work at this store. Other stores may have better management. She is also going to be the owner of the Hornsby store so do not go there either. Expect duplicity from the Queen of Roll’d Rouse Hill + Hornsby if you work here. If you do get through the interview process make sure to follow her every command and be willing to drop your personal life for her.
I used to work at Towers but I left 1.5 years ago. The manager plays favourites and will only roster people they like frequently. They will also give you a number of shifts but will cut you off last minute without telling you. From what I heard, this still happens to the staff who work there. It is very inconvenient, stressful and annoying and it seems like they do not care about anyones’ feelings. They also DO NOT PAY OVER TIME which is illegal. To summarise: favouritism, last minute cut offs, no over time pay.
Team work based
Fast growing Franchise and still building company system

Super fast paced and hard work environment

Vibrant and Positive team culture
Pros
Never be bored
Cons
Too much work pressure
Prepping for the day is your first priority as well as greeting the customers throughout the day. It is important to communicate and interact with the customers leaving them satisfied. The hardest part of the job is not being stressed when it’s very busy but being quick and fast under pressure. The enjoyable part of this job is the team work and creating relationships with each other.
Felt I was not properly trained on procedures and was expected to learn by myself. The company does treat its workers well with christmas parties and such.s
When I first got the job as a front of house worker at O' Connell st, I was excited and wanted to learn a lot at Roll'd. I learned how to do Point of sale for soldiers and basic cleaning instructions. But throughout the two weeks of my training, The manager was unlawful to me and told me she wasnt going to pay me at the end on the month. Most of the workers there was nice but some are just unhelpful and unable to help me with questions I have asked. It took three weeks to finally get my payment, but I suddenly got did not recieve any other infomations about when my next work as my contract still says im working as a part-time employee. Franciser and Manager have very upetting communication with this situation and have unexplained to me that they will be explaining about this problem when I didn get any updates ever since I worked.
Pros
Discount foods
Cons
Rude Manager, franchiser, delayed payments
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rolld?
It was a good place but unfortunately had poor management at the start and cut my shift to 5hr a week annd had to travel 40min. New staff and management
Good environment to work but not enough hours and pay wasn’t the greatest but had a great boss who was very helpful and flexible when comes to hours of work but not enough days overall and just covers living exspense
Very fast paced work environment for very little pay and expected to perform at your very top level and also deal with a bunch of abuse from the management. At this level, this job can become extremely physically and mentally draining from all the customer service, upselling, food preparation and cleaning tasks.

Boss was extremely rude and inconsiderate and only liked their employees when there were good sales days (which is extremely rare). No signs of positivity at all and instead only being constantly told what is done wrong and mistakes combined with relentless screaming and scolding from the boss. What's worse, boss is always in denial when I tried to tell her to take it easy on the negativity.

Honestly QAT (boss) if you are reading this, I just want to say thank you very much for disrespecting my hustle and my hard work and my effort into making the store an amicable environment between our co-workers and the customers and you never seem to acknowledge this. I'm glad I don't have to work there anymore because now I can no longer put up with your abusive behaviour to me and the rest of the employees and I can no longer have my value and my pride destroyed by your lack in leadership, in fact you are not fit to be the leader at all, you are really nothing but a pusher. I hope the next time you do this to someone or other future employees can put up with your abusive behaviour as much as I did.

Definitely would not recommend this to anyone unless if they need a job so desperately they can go to the measures of getting thrown under the bus by the poor management.
provide targets and incentives part time job security
adequate staff

some staff lack knowledge not due to company
Once you got into the swing of things the job itself was quite easy. Got very repetitive with managers asking tasks from me that didn't line up with what I had been trained for/my own judgement. Was often undermined for my judgement.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
Dodgy management
This place will not train you and expect you to know how to cook and prepare traditional Vietnamese food. The kitchen is unorganised and they expect you to know where things are and find them quickly when they are constantly changing. Also i got a burn and they had no first aid kit. I had to treat the burn on my break and skip lunch and then return to the second half of m split shift.
Pros
Free food at the end of night
Cons
No training
Not a bad place to work. Good work life balance. Management could have been questionable but it is improving. Not alot of structure was in place until recently.
Friendly workers, not too long hours good for students night shifts range from 3:30-9:30, you learn great customer service skills, how to count money, free soldiers for everyone that isn’t sold.
Pros
Half priced lunch during shifts
Cons
Filled priced lunch during shift, only person serving
Roll'd was an experience where I got to learn teamwork skills, excellent communication skills, and sales skills which I use in everyday life. The team I worked with was a lovely bunch we all got along very well and slowly throughout the years became a family with some leaving and some new ones coming in. many of them taught me the knowledge I use today in a working environment.
Pros
50% discount when working
Cons
Short hours
I have learned so much about customer service and selling skills at work. The salary is not as my desire but the people I were working with were very friendly and nice.
Opening the store by myself in the morning is challenging at first, but by the time i learnt to adapt, it was more of an easy job and quiet a stress free environment to work at. I love being in the kitchen or being able to provide a quality service to people. I must say, that, working with people the right team can impact the workload and fun at work. And, that is what I love about my job. People are easy to get along with, hence, busy and stressful days are easily manageable. If it weren't for a good team, the work place would struggle to get things done. I think having the compassion towards ur job and your workmate makes the workplace more enjoyable. This builds friendship and a strong foundation in a team. Although, things can go wrong at times, I am glad that we can solve it at ease. One of the most challenging I faced, as a team leader, is getting everyone to follow a direct instruction. I learn, not be assertive and get things done by asking in a nice manner. Costumer service also makes it hard sometimes. As much as I love giving a good quality service, some people are just not nice and go off at little things to make issue. It is part of the job so you just learn to deal with it and call it a day. At the end of the day, I just remind myself that I am here because you I love what I do. I mean, when its that busy at work, you don't really think about it and its very typical to happen in most of workplace.
Pros
discounted meals, building long life friendships
Cons
late closing, and going home late