Rolld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Rolld Employee Review

Fast work culture

15 June 2020
Ive been working at Roll’d CBD for over a year. Very flexible hours and easy to organise with personal life. However there was always tension with one of the managers, work efforts was never appreciated but rather humiliated for minor errors. Definitely a judgemental environment and favouritism is visible. On the other hand, customers and coworkers are extremely kind & it’s a great opportunity to build fast paced skills and learn more about Vietnamese cuisine.
Pros
Flexible short hours with kind customers & coworkers
Cons
Judgemental managers that don’t recognise staff efforts unless their sales are high
23 October 2019
Same role
Front of House (Former Employee) - O’Connell NSW
When I first got the job as a front of house worker at O' Connell st, I was excited and wanted to learn a lot at Roll'd. I learned how to do Point of sale for soldiers and basic cleaning instructions. But throughout the two weeks of my training, The manager was unlawful to me and told me she wasnt going to pay me at the end on the month. Most of the workers there was nice but some are just unhelpful and unable to help me with questions I have asked. It took three weeks to finally get my payment, but I suddenly got did not recieve any other infomations about when my next work as my contract still says im working as a part-time employee. Franciser and Manager have very upetting communication with this situation and have unexplained to me that they will be explaining about this problem when I didn get any updates ever since I worked.
Pros
Discount foods
Cons
Rude Manager, franchiser, delayed payments
14 September 2019
Same role
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) - Sydney Central Business District NSW
Very fast paced work environment for very little pay and expected to perform at your very top level and also deal with a bunch of abuse from the management. At this level, this job can become extremely physically and mentally draining from all the customer service, upselling, food preparation and cleaning tasks. Boss was extremely rude and inconsiderate and only liked their employees when there were good sales days (which is extremely rare). No signs of positivity at all and instead only being constantly told what is done wrong and mistakes combined with relentless screaming and scolding from the boss. What's worse, boss is always in denial when I tried to tell her to take it easy on the negativity. Honestly QAT (boss) if you are reading this, I just want to say thank you very much for disrespecting my hustle and my hard work and my effort into making the store an amicable environment between our co-workers and the customers and you never seem to acknowledge this. I'm glad I don't have to work there anymore because now I can no longer put up with your abusive behaviour to me and the rest of the employees and I can no longer have my value and my pride destroyed by your lack in leadership, in fact you are not fit to be the leader at all, you are really nothing but a pusher. I hope the next time you do this to someone or other future employees can put up with your abusive behaviour as much as I did. Definitely would not recommend this to anyone unless if they need a job so desperately they can go to the measures of getting thrown under the bus by the poor management.
10 July 2019
Same roleSame location
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) - Perth Central Business District WA
Once you got into the swing of things the job itself was quite easy. Got very repetitive with managers asking tasks from me that didn't line up with what I had been trained for/my own judgement. Was often undermined for my judgement.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
Dodgy management
  1. Fast work culture