Rolld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Rolld Employee Review

I love the people I work with and workload is always manageable because of it.

16 December 2018
Opening the store by myself in the morning is challenging at first, but by the time i learnt to adapt, it was more of an easy job and quiet a stress free environment to work at. I love being in the kitchen or being able to provide a quality service to people. I must say, that, working with people the right team can impact the workload and fun at work. And, that is what I love about my job. People are easy to get along with, hence, busy and stressful days are easily manageable. If it weren't for a good team, the work place would struggle to get things done. I think having the compassion towards ur job and your workmate makes the workplace more enjoyable. This builds friendship and a strong foundation in a team. Although, things can go wrong at times, I am glad that we can solve it at ease. One of the most challenging I faced, as a team leader, is getting everyone to follow a direct instruction. I learn, not be assertive and get things done by asking in a nice manner. Costumer service also makes it hard sometimes. As much as I love giving a good quality service, some people are just not nice and go off at little things to make issue. It is part of the job so you just learn to deal with it and call it a day. At the end of the day, I just remind myself that I am here because you I love what I do. I mean, when its that busy at work, you don't really think about it and its very typical to happen in most of workplace.
Pros
discounted meals, building long life friendships
Cons
late closing, and going home late
20 February 2020
Same role
Team Leader (Former Employee) - Rouse Hill NSW
I worked in multiple stores with Roll’d. My experience at the Rouse Hill one in particular was that the manager is incredibly rude and inconsiderate. She picks favourites, doesn’t listen to her staff instead works them as her minions. The managing supervisor is her robot. Though the pay is great, chances of getting shifts is fairly unlikely if you suggest a change in the business (i.e. where to store food, how much staff should be rostered), anything suggestive will have the owner/manager cut you and ignore you. No clear communication unless you bow down to her. See this now, do not work at this store. Other stores may have better management. She is also going to be the owner of the Hornsby store so do not go there either. Expect duplicity from the Queen of Roll’d Rouse Hill + Hornsby if you work here. If you do get through the interview process make sure to follow her every command and be willing to drop your personal life for her.
10 April 2018
Same location
Team Member (Former Employee) - Parramatta NSW
There is great culture/team environment. However management was not very involved, HR /support office was very difficult to get in contact with (and get a response).
20 December 2020
Trainee (Former Employee) - Garden City QLD
When I first started, I was told no information on what the uniform or what to wear (had to research it myself). Other new employees were given information that I wasn't (not sure why). Worked indivudally for most of the entire time and trained for about 5 minutes at both of my shifts, On my second shift, I found out as I was walking to my car that I was fired, and they had sent the new roster out while I was an hour into my 2nd shift. Haven't been paid, despite my rights due to fair work and should at least have a minimum of 6 hours paid. Extremely disappointing that they lack the emotional maturity and experience that they can't even tell an employee that they made through the trial or were not good enough, no reasons at all.If you are going to work here, make sure to be outstanding on your first day to make sure you get the job. It's all about getting everything perfect the first time you do it.
Pros
Friendly colleagues.
Cons
Lack of experience from staff and letting people off. No pay. Used. Pointless.
  1. I love the people I work with and workload is always manageable because of it.