Rolld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rolld Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Great workplace culture

Working in a growing company has given me an opportunity to learn and grow skills in different aspects. Work-life balance, supportive, and they are caring for each other. However, there is a lack of employee benefits and career developments.

Pros

Workplace culture

Cons

Management, employee benefits

Wouldn't suggest working here

The environment isn't encouraging and the people who work there aren't willing to help you learn. They didn't train me properly and didn't give me opportunities to learn how to thrive in the work place. They were also not understanding of medical leave and said they no longer required my work after I had to leave due to food poisoning their food gave me.

Worst company to work for - avoid

The management are bullies. Dont get paid for menu log trips, manager belittles people all the time. Staff are under valued and claim not to be entitled to breaks.

Pros

Exploited, not paid, used.

When I first started, I was told no information on what the uniform or what to wear (had to research it myself). Other new employees were given information that I wasn't (not sure why). Worked indivudally for most of the entire time and trained for about 5 minutes at both of my shifts, On my second shift, I found out as I was walking to my car that I was fired, and they had sent the new roster out while I was an hour into my 2nd shift. Haven't been paid, despite my rights due to fair work and should at least have a minimum of 6 hours paid. Extremely disappointing that they lack the emotional maturity and experience that they can't even tell an employee that they made through the trial or were not good enough, no reasons at all.If you are going to work here, make sure to be outstanding on your first day to make sure you get the job. It's all about getting everything perfect the first time you do it.

Pros

Friendly colleagues.

Cons

Lack of experience from staff and letting people off. No pay. Used. Pointless.

Good

I have worked at Roll’d for more than half a year. This is a fast-paced working place which can help me improve many skills such as customer service, teamwork, etc.

Fast work culture

Ive been working at Roll’d CBD for over a year. Very flexible hours and easy to organise with personal life. However there was always tension with one of the managers, work efforts was never appreciated but rather humiliated for minor errors. Definitely a judgemental environment and favouritism is visible. On the other hand, customers and coworkers are extremely kind & it’s a great opportunity to build fast paced skills and learn more about Vietnamese cuisine.

Pros

Flexible short hours with kind customers & coworkers

Cons

Judgemental managers that don’t recognise staff efforts unless their sales are high

no recognition of staff efforts

Usually, 8 am starts if opening, spend about 3 hours rolling rice paper rolls while serving customers when finished begin prep for the next day. if closing you are left with whatever is left of the prep while also have to do store runs, packaging runs and serving customers with only 2 staff instore. VERY DIFFICULT. my efforts were constantly overlooked.

Unhygienic

Working at Roll'd do not only provide a good work-life balance but their food process is also unhygienic. Work culture is bad. Staff are not friendly and helpful.

The interviewer was great.

I like the whole process of employment. The field trainer is very good and very kind. Working at Roll’d will really help you improve your skills and the management is so good.

HORRIBLE Management

I worked in multiple stores with Roll’d. My experience at the Rouse Hill one in particular was that the manager is incredibly rude and inconsiderate. She picks favourites, doesn’t listen to her staff instead works them as her minions. The managing supervisor is her robot. Though the pay is great, chances of getting shifts is fairly unlikely if you suggest a change in the business (i.e. where to store food, how much staff should be rostered), anything suggestive will have the owner/manager cut you and ignore you. No clear communication unless you bow down to her. See this now, do not work at this store. Other stores may have better management. She is also going to be the owner of the Hornsby store so do not go there either. Expect duplicity from the Queen of Roll’d Rouse Hill + Hornsby if you work here. If you do get through the interview process make sure to follow her every command and be willing to drop your personal life for her.

Don’t work here

I used to work at Towers but I left 1.5 years ago. The manager plays favourites and will only roster people they like frequently. They will also give you a number of shifts but will cut you off last minute without telling you. From what I heard, this still happens to the staff who work there. It is very inconvenient, stressful and annoying and it seems like they do not care about anyones’ feelings. They also DO NOT PAY OVER TIME which is illegal. To summarise: favouritism, last minute cut offs, no over time pay.

Fast paced and hard work environment

Team work based Fast growing Franchise and still building company system Super fast paced and hard work environment Vibrant and Positive team culture

Pros

Never be bored

Cons

Too much work pressure

The food is delicious and fresh. Engaging and greeting customers is essential.

Prepping for the day is your first priority as well as greeting the customers throughout the day. It is important to communicate and interact with the customers leaving them satisfied. The hardest part of the job is not being stressed when it’s very busy but being quick and fast under pressure. The enjoyable part of this job is the team work and creating relationships with each other.

Fast paced

Felt I was not properly trained on procedures and was expected to learn by myself. The company does treat its workers well with christmas parties and such.s

Got kicked with no explaination and delayed payments

When I first got the job as a front of house worker at O' Connell st, I was excited and wanted to learn a lot at Roll'd. I learned how to do Point of sale for soldiers and basic cleaning instructions. But throughout the two weeks of my training, The manager was unlawful to me and told me she wasnt going to pay me at the end on the month. Most of the workers there was nice but some are just unhelpful and unable to help me with questions I have asked. It took three weeks to finally get my payment, but I suddenly got did not recieve any other infomations about when my next work as my contract still says im working as a part-time employee. Franciser and Manager have very upetting communication with this situation and have unexplained to me that they will be explaining about this problem when I didn get any updates ever since I worked.

Pros

Discount foods

Cons

Rude Manager, franchiser, delayed payments

It was good

It was a good place but unfortunately had poor management at the start and cut my shift to 5hr a week annd had to travel 40min. New staff and management

Good place to start of career in hospitality

Good environment to work but not enough hours and pay wasn’t the greatest but had a great boss who was very helpful and flexible when comes to hours of work but not enough days overall and just covers living exspense

Former Abused Front of House Staff

Very fast paced work environment for very little pay and expected to perform at your very top level and also deal with a bunch of abuse from the management. At this level, this job can become extremely physically and mentally draining from all the customer service, upselling, food preparation and cleaning tasks. Boss was extremely rude and inconsiderate and only liked their employees when there were good sales days (which is extremely rare). No signs of positivity at all and instead only being constantly told what is done wrong and mistakes combined with relentless screaming and scolding from the boss. What's worse, boss is always in denial when I tried to tell her to take it easy on the negativity. Honestly QAT (boss) if you are reading this, I just want to say thank you very much for disrespecting my hustle and my hard work and my effort into making the store an amicable environment between our co-workers and the customers and you never seem to acknowledge this. I'm glad I don't have to work there anymore because now I can no longer put up with your abusive behaviour to me and the rest of the employees and I can no longer have my value and my pride destroyed by your lack in leadership, in fact you are not fit to be the leader at all, you are really nothing but a pusher. I hope the next time you do this to someone or other future employees can put up with your abusive behaviour as much as I did. Definitely would not recommend this to anyone unless if they need a job so desperately they can go to the measures of getting thrown under the bus by the poor management.

Excellent workplace with good management and targets to meet

provide targets and incentives part time job security adequate staff some staff lack knowledge not due to company

Stable hours but poor management

Once you got into the swing of things the job itself was quite easy. Got very repetitive with managers asking tasks from me that didn't line up with what I had been trained for/my own judgement. Was often undermined for my judgement.

Pros

50% staff discount

Cons

Dodgy management

Terrible place to work

This place will not train you and expect you to know how to cook and prepare traditional Vietnamese food. The kitchen is unorganised and they expect you to know where things are and find them quickly when they are constantly changing. Also i got a burn and they had no first aid kit. I had to treat the burn on my break and skip lunch and then return to the second half of m split shift.

Pros

Free food at the end of night

Cons

No training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Rolld