Rolld

Rolld Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Melbourne VIC12 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Take it from someone who's been here a long time...

Been in Roll'd for more than 5 years now. Met my spouse there, too. We started as humble Team Members in one of the first stores, both worked our way up, and we now earn a 6-figure annual salary. We were lucky to have an employer who mentored us, and now a company who takes care of us and also gives back to the community (Blue Dragon).Roll'd is very fast-paced, no doubt. And we thrive on it. The work load is definitely challenging, but we have a whole team who carry one another, and that reflects Vietnamese culture of family that stick together like rice.If you're looking for something easy-going that might melt your brain this job might not be for you. If you are passionate for food and wanna share that passion, if you are looking for something fulfilling, stimulating, keeps you on your toes, something that could give you grit and develop some practical life skills with real opportunities to advance your career and grow as a person, then this is for you.The system is obviously not perfect. You just gotta find the stores with leaders whose goal is to foster a healthy working environment that empowers and equips their team to be the best versions of themselves.

Pros

A job that makes you use your brain. Self development, Access to tools you need, training & apprenticeship, qualifications & pathways, opportunity to advance your career, $$$, yummy Viet food

Cons

You learn how to wash the dishes, You learn how to sweep and mop floors, You learn how to cook, You maybe get burnt from cooking or get cut from prepping vegies once in a while, but that's life so

Poor management and stressful workplace

Poor management. Sometimes the manager want me cover someone who felts sick when I agreed and then he cancelled my shift. The boss is not respect his employees. The workplace is very stressful and drama:

Pros

50% food discount

Cons

Stress

Poor management, manager pressured too much on coworkers but enjoyed and had fun to work with some awesome and helpful coworkers. Gained new skills and experience.

Company was okay, manager was not

The store/boss I worked for ended up being horrible. Boss was always late, we were understaffed which was stressful, felt under appreciated. Ended up quitting because my boss was just not listening to his employees and was overall just not a good business owner. Head office seemed like they were wanting to help our store but kind of gave up I guess. Most staff were nice though but I ended up hating it there due to very poor management.

Pros

Not much, depends on the store you work at.

Cons

Pretty much my whole experience were cons.

Work is fine until it gets busy. Wouldn't recommend.

Shocking management, very stingy and did not hire enough staff. Many instances of us being understaffed and the manager didn't bother finding replacements so we just suffered. Management wants to hire yes men robots and will give you a hard time if you aren't a doormat to them. Very fast paced environment serving customers and finishing over 500 rolls daily. If there are delays with rolling then the whole day is ruined and very difficult. Rolling itself is easy when you get used to it but very boring and repetitive and so much pressure is put on you to get rolls done in time. Front of house (serving customers only), rolling and back of house should be paid different amounts as some jobs are easier than others. Adore the people there - most staff are really nice and most customers are understanding

Pros

Free food, most customers and coworkers are lovely, work is easy but boring, expanded my skills a lot

Cons

Fast paced and stressful, terrible management, understaffed, deserve more pay

ok work place. management is shocking

i worked here for a bit and all was going GREAT, people were friendly but as time went on and as it got closer to my 18th birthday they just stopped giving me shifts. i begged and told them i need rent money and to save for a car and they did nothing and didn’t respond. so much drama amongst team members as they mostly hire kids (cheaper to pay), i felt as if i wasn’t cared for by management and it was disappointing. you stand there for 10 seconds while waiting for water to run or just anything to finish and you basically get told you’re lazy but you are actually doing the job LOL. it’s disappointing. not to mention PAY they messed up my pay almost everytime and didn’t do anything about it until i chased them up on it. their clock in and out system is absolutely horrific.i’ll miss the regular customers though.

Pros

pay is OK

Cons

Little to no hours management is horrific workplace drama messed up pays

Great workplace culture

Working in a growing company has given me an opportunity to learn and grow skills in different aspects. Work-life balance, supportive, and they are caring for each other. However, there is a lack of employee benefits and career developments.

Pros

Workplace culture

Cons

Management, employee benefits

Good place to start of career in hospitality

Good environment to work but not enough hours and pay wasn’t the greatest but had a great boss who was very helpful and flexible when comes to hours of work but not enough days overall and just covers living exspense

Staff were great but can get cliquey

Sometimes it felt that there was a lack of job security, people got let go really quickly and there was always drama in the workplace. But overall great vibe (if you meet the right people)

Pros

Great discount

Cons

Bad management

Warm and friendly environment

Managers and team members are highly enthusiastic and determined to reach goals. Fast paced and energetic work environment. A strong sense of modernised Vietnamese culture through food and drink.

No kidding about Fast Paced and Energetic work environment.

I love working for Rolld and everything it stands for. It is a fresh, healthy and fun environment. From management to team members - everyone is like family.

Pros

The most friendliest team and working environment.

I work in the peek hours at work where we serve 300 customers on average between 12 and 2. i also help prepare and clean before and after the peek serves hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Rolld with

Learn about Rolld in Melbourne VIC

• Rolld
  • Melbourne VIC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?