Rolld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rolld Employee Reviews for Team Member

Usually, 8 am starts if opening, spend about 3 hours rolling rice paper rolls while serving customers when finished begin prep for the next day. if closing you are left with whatever is left of the prep while also have to do store runs, packaging runs and serving customers with only 2 staff instore. VERY DIFFICULT. my efforts were constantly overlooked.
Working at Roll'd do not only provide a good work-life balance but their food process is also unhygienic. Work culture is bad. Staff are not friendly and helpful.
I used to work at Towers but I left 1.5 years ago. The manager plays favourites and will only roster people they like frequently. They will also give you a number of shifts but will cut you off last minute without telling you. From what I heard, this still happens to the staff who work there. It is very inconvenient, stressful and annoying and it seems like they do not care about anyones’ feelings. They also DO NOT PAY OVER TIME which is illegal. To summarise: favouritism, last minute cut offs, no over time pay.
Prepping for the day is your first priority as well as greeting the customers throughout the day. It is important to communicate and interact with the customers leaving them satisfied. The hardest part of the job is not being stressed when it’s very busy but being quick and fast under pressure. The enjoyable part of this job is the team work and creating relationships with each other.
This place will not train you and expect you to know how to cook and prepare traditional Vietnamese food. The kitchen is unorganised and they expect you to know where things are and find them quickly when they are constantly changing. Also i got a burn and they had no first aid kit. I had to treat the burn on my break and skip lunch and then return to the second half of m split shift.
Pros
Free food at the end of night
Cons
No training
The good things - Flexible schedule available - Friendly co-workers and nice customers - Pretty much an easy job with not a lot of pressure. Even though it could be REALLY busy at times, it's still enjoyable - Friendly and understanding management The challenges - You have to handle oily and sometime messy food - Not a lot of career development
There is great culture/team environment. However management was not very involved, HR /support office was very difficult to get in contact with (and get a response).
Managers and team members are highly enthusiastic and determined to reach goals. Fast paced and energetic work environment. A strong sense of modernised Vietnamese culture through food and drink.
You are only as good as the team around you and that is the case for Rolld! Each staff member excels at their allocation and assists others in areas where they lack. We share plenty of laughs and smiles with each other and our customers.
Great group of people that make a wonderful team. Lots of laughs amongst the hard work. Fast paced. Staff excel at their allocated positions and work together to prop each other up on their weaknesses. Its a fantastic work culture. I have learnt about Vietnamese cuisine.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Not enough hours
I love working for Rolld and everything it stands for. It is a fresh, healthy and fun environment. From management to team members - everyone is like family.
Pros
The most friendliest team and working environment.
Managers do not know how to manage a store, poor management skills, did not enjoy my time working for them. I have made mistakes but managers did not give me a second chance at all. Co-workers were great people to work with.