Rolld

Rolld Employee Reviews for Team Member

Team Member20 reviews
Australia20 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Employees were toxic, they kept on talking bad comments and below the belt about the management.

The management and the staff were not working harmoniously, there was a coldness in the atmosphere and it is not very inviting. Standard procedures were not followed most of the time because staff tend to short cut everything just to go by the day. No proper training is given before the start of employment thus, everything is not on standard. The kitchen and equipment were dirty and broken. Staff kept on talking behind the management's back, it was not even constructive.

Pros

50% discount on food (for 10aud and up meal)

Cons

Staff were not happy, it was really toxic working there.

Poor management, manager pressured too much on coworkers but enjoyed and had fun to work with some awesome and helpful coworkers. Gained new skills and experience.

Don’t work here

Roll’d runaway bay was one of the worse places I have ever worked. The management was horrible, they had no organisation, they were ungrateful and rude. The other team members were great but overall was a terrible work place.

Can be very busy, sometimes it's just you and the chef which can be stressful when busy. But when quiet it can be boring, not much to do.

Everything is pretty simple and easy to pick up on. A typical day includes taking orders, preparing food, cleaning etc... Training is very rushed, you have to figure some things out on your own or continue to ask others

Pros

free roles if closing store

Cons

not great pay

Don’t work here

The staff was lovely and taught me more than the manager did, they expected you to perfect everything after 1 day of experience. Hardly got any shift and took them 2 weeks to say that I was let go. Also got me to come in to work 3 hours before my shift without pay. They break health and safety protocols such as leaving ingredients that are suppose to be in the fridge out on the benches and leave phone and drinks laying around everywhere including at work stations. They definitely play favourite

Pros

50% discount of food Lovely staff members

Cons

Not enough hours Management could be better

Welcoming, feels like a family, pay a bit low

Fun workplace with very friendly staff. Management is very welcoming and inclusive, and I feel cared for. Very fast-paced around lunchtime, but can become boring when not at rush hours. Pay is a bit low, I get around $12 an hour however I am under 18.

Pros

50% off discount on full menu but only at the specific store you work at, Caring and friendly staff, Healthy and tasty menu

Cons

Pay a bit low, Not enough shifts

Wouldn't suggest working here

The environment isn't encouraging and the people who work there aren't willing to help you learn. They didn't train me properly and didn't give me opportunities to learn how to thrive in the work place. They were also not understanding of medical leave and said they no longer required my work after I had to leave due to food poisoning their food gave me.

Worst company to work for - avoid

The management are bullies. Dont get paid for menu log trips, manager belittles people all the time. Staff are under valued and claim not to be entitled to breaks.

Pros

no recognition of staff efforts

Usually, 8 am starts if opening, spend about 3 hours rolling rice paper rolls while serving customers when finished begin prep for the next day. if closing you are left with whatever is left of the prep while also have to do store runs, packaging runs and serving customers with only 2 staff instore. VERY DIFFICULT. my efforts were constantly overlooked.

Unhygienic

Working at Roll'd do not only provide a good work-life balance but their food process is also unhygienic. Work culture is bad. Staff are not friendly and helpful.

Don’t work here

I used to work at Towers but I left 1.5 years ago. The manager plays favourites and will only roster people they like frequently. They will also give you a number of shifts but will cut you off last minute without telling you. From what I heard, this still happens to the staff who work there. It is very inconvenient, stressful and annoying and it seems like they do not care about anyones’ feelings. They also DO NOT PAY OVER TIME which is illegal. To summarise: favouritism, last minute cut offs, no over time pay.

The food is delicious and fresh. Engaging and greeting customers is essential.

Prepping for the day is your first priority as well as greeting the customers throughout the day. It is important to communicate and interact with the customers leaving them satisfied. The hardest part of the job is not being stressed when it’s very busy but being quick and fast under pressure. The enjoyable part of this job is the team work and creating relationships with each other.

Terrible place to work

This place will not train you and expect you to know how to cook and prepare traditional Vietnamese food. The kitchen is unorganised and they expect you to know where things are and find them quickly when they are constantly changing. Also i got a burn and they had no first aid kit. I had to treat the burn on my break and skip lunch and then return to the second half of m split shift.

Pros

Free food at the end of night

Cons

No training

Fun

The good things - Flexible schedule available - Friendly co-workers and nice customers - Pretty much an easy job with not a lot of pressure. Even though it could be REALLY busy at times, it's still enjoyable - Friendly and understanding management The challenges - You have to handle oily and sometime messy food - Not a lot of career development

Good Culture/Team

There is great culture/team environment. However management was not very involved, HR /support office was very difficult to get in contact with (and get a response).

Warm and friendly environment

Managers and team members are highly enthusiastic and determined to reach goals. Fast paced and energetic work environment. A strong sense of modernised Vietnamese culture through food and drink.

Great team and fun environment

You are only as good as the team around you and that is the case for Rolld! Each staff member excels at their allocation and assists others in areas where they lack. We share plenty of laughs and smiles with each other and our customers.

Fun workplace with a fantastic team

Great group of people that make a wonderful team. Lots of laughs amongst the hard work. Fast paced. Staff excel at their allocated positions and work together to prop each other up on their weaknesses. Its a fantastic work culture. I have learnt about Vietnamese cuisine.

Pros

Great location

Cons

Not enough hours

No kidding about Fast Paced and Energetic work environment.

I love working for Rolld and everything it stands for. It is a fresh, healthy and fun environment. From management to team members - everyone is like family.

Pros

The most friendliest team and working environment.

Poor management skills

Managers do not know how to manage a store, poor management skills, did not enjoy my time working for them. I have made mistakes but managers did not give me a second chance at all. Co-workers were great people to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Rolld with