Rolld logo
Rolld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rolld Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
2.9Job Security & Advancement

Good

I have worked at Roll’d for more than half a year. This is a fast-paced working place which can help me improve many skills such as customer service, teamwork, etc.

Exploited, not paid, used.

When I first started, I was told no information on what the uniform or what to wear (had to research it myself). Other new employees were given information that I wasn't (not sure why). Worked indivudally for most of the entire time and trained for about 5 minutes at both of my shifts, On my second shift, I found out as I was walking to my car that I was fired, and they had sent the new roster out while I was an hour into my 2nd shift. Haven't been paid, despite my rights due to fair work and should at least have a minimum of 6 hours paid. Extremely disappointing that they lack the emotional maturity and experience that they can't even tell an employee that they made through the trial or were not good enough, no reasons at all.If you are going to work here, make sure to be outstanding on your first day to make sure you get the job. It's all about getting everything perfect the first time you do it.

Pros

Friendly colleagues.

Cons

Lack of experience from staff and letting people off. No pay. Used. Pointless.

Unhygienic

Working at Roll'd do not only provide a good work-life balance but their food process is also unhygienic. Work culture is bad. Staff are not friendly and helpful.

The interviewer was great.

I like the whole process of employment. The field trainer is very good and very kind. Working at Roll’d will really help you improve your skills and the management is so good.

Got kicked with no explaination and delayed payments

When I first got the job as a front of house worker at O' Connell st, I was excited and wanted to learn a lot at Roll'd. I learned how to do Point of sale for soldiers and basic cleaning instructions. But throughout the two weeks of my training, The manager was unlawful to me and told me she wasnt going to pay me at the end on the month. Most of the workers there was nice but some are just unhelpful and unable to help me with questions I have asked. It took three weeks to finally get my payment, but I suddenly got did not recieve any other infomations about when my next work as my contract still says im working as a part-time employee. Franciser and Manager have very upetting communication with this situation and have unexplained to me that they will be explaining about this problem when I didn get any updates ever since I worked.

Pros

Discount foods

Cons

Rude Manager, franchiser, delayed payments

Excellent workplace with good management and targets to meet

provide targets and incentives part time job security adequate staff some staff lack knowledge not due to company

Ok Place to work

Not a bad place to work. Good work life balance. Management could have been questionable but it is improving. Not alot of structure was in place until recently.

First real job lots of fun and great experience

Roll'd was an experience where I got to learn teamwork skills, excellent communication skills, and sales skills which I use in everyday life. The team I worked with was a lovely bunch we all got along very well and slowly throughout the years became a family with some leaving and some new ones coming in. many of them taught me the knowledge I use today in a working environment.

Pros

50% discount when working

Cons

Short hours

Not worth your time applying for a job at Roll’d

Higher management is hard to get a hold of, either getting very late responses or none at all. Management was the worst management team I’ve had in my 10 years of working in hospitality. There’s never any positive feedback given, only negative feedback and being told what’s been done wrong, never what’s been done right. It can be very fast paced and can get very draining physically and mentally - especially when there’s no words of encouragement from management. There’s no job security here, and as I’ve seen in hiring processes, if you’re not good enough for them they won’t take a chance on you at all, which usually means a day that’s understaffed. Manager created an extremely hostile work environement and as I’ve witnessed even made employees cry from stress. Never been thanked for starting a shift early if needed, never been thanked for staying back and never been payed for staying back even when I’ve been asked to be payed for the work I do. Overall, wouldn’t ever recommend this job to anyone. It’s a lot of work (cleaning, up selling, food prep) for a minimum wage job. Definitely not worth being put down for not up selling, definitely not worth the stress. With all that said, if management stepped up to the plate Roll’d would be an awesome work place, lots of customer service experience and decent work mates.

Pros

Friendly work mates

Cons

Couldn’t fit everything here

Fun

The good things - Flexible schedule available - Friendly co-workers and nice customers - Pretty much an easy job with not a lot of pressure. Even though it could be REALLY busy at times, it's still enjoyable - Friendly and understanding management The challenges - You have to handle oily and sometime messy food - Not a lot of career development

Jobs at Rolld

See more jobs

Good Culture/Team

There is great culture/team environment. However management was not very involved, HR /support office was very difficult to get in contact with (and get a response).

Staff were great but can get cliquey

Sometimes it felt that there was a lack of job security, people got let go really quickly and there was always drama in the workplace. But overall great vibe (if you meet the right people)

Pros

Great discount

Cons

Bad management

Great Culture and All about People development

Great working environment which allows you to develop personally and professionally. They focus on people development and gives you opportunity to go further in your career path through learning skills such exceptional customer service, leadership and business management. They provide a positive and friendly workplace which promotes core values such as love, honour, share, dream, make memories and be compassionate. The main thing I love in this company is they treat you as part of their family and always helps you achieve your career goals as well as your personal goals.

Pros

Great culture

fun workplace

hard-working and nice employees build up my confidence level in communicating able to work at face pace learn new experience learn to be punctual at work able to run errands without complaint

Pros

good team work

Fast paced

Good level of responsibility given to employees. Management does a great job giving equal opportunity and they endevour to be across all aspects. Shift allocation could be improved.

Pros

Busy

Cons

Late night starts and finishes