Rolld

Australia74 reviews

Clear
3.2Work–Life Balance
2.8Job Security & Advancement

Fast-paced workplace with great environment

Roll'd is a very fast-paced workplace and tasks can be fun and challenging, with opportunities to work in both front and back of house operations. The team members were always lovely and working with great people made it feel worthwhile. With the right team you can easily work here for years just because of the team members you work with.It can be very stressful during lunch rush, as is the nature of hospitality jobs, but especially if it is very understaffed and there is always the pressure to keep speed of service under 2mins. The tasks you do are actually timed using a physical timer as well. Front of house can face a lot of abuse with no support from Roll'd. Inappropriate promotions also encourage abuse from customers with no support either.Roll'd management will analyse and criticise every little detail about your work and kitchen, and nothing is ever good enough. Monthly reviews never focus on any positives, they will only criticise the smallest things. Don't expect any support from the management either. The continuous new food promotions are equally bad. New promos last a month before they are scrapped due to low engagement.You can definitely learn a lot of useful skills and progress quickly, but the pay you earn will never justify the amount of workload you will get. Keep in mind, the younger you are, the harder you'll be made to work.

Pros

Team environment, opportunities to learn new skills, staff discount, good shift hours, repetitive tasks

Cons

Severely understaffed, no overtime pay, lack of support from management

Poor management, manager pressured too much on coworkers but enjoyed and had fun to work with some awesome and helpful coworkers. Gained new skills and experience.

Take it from someone who's been here a long time...

Been in Roll'd for more than 5 years now. Met my spouse there, too. We started as humble Team Members in one of the first stores, both worked our way up, and we now earn a 6-figure annual salary. We were lucky to have an employer who mentored us, and now a company who takes care of us and also gives back to the community (Blue Dragon).Roll'd is very fast-paced, no doubt. And we thrive on it. The work load is definitely challenging, but we have a whole team who carry one another, and that reflects Vietnamese culture of family that stick together like rice.If you're looking for something easy-going that might melt your brain this job might not be for you. If you are passionate for food and wanna share that passion, if you are looking for something fulfilling, stimulating, keeps you on your toes, something that could give you grit and develop some practical life skills with real opportunities to advance your career and grow as a person, then this is for you.The system is obviously not perfect. You just gotta find the stores with leaders whose goal is to foster a healthy working environment that empowers and equips their team to be the best versions of themselves.

Pros

A job that makes you use your brain. Self development, Access to tools you need, training & apprenticeship, qualifications & pathways, opportunity to advance your career, $$$, yummy Viet food

Cons

You learn how to wash the dishes, You learn how to sweep and mop floors, You learn how to cook, You maybe get burnt from cooking or get cut from prepping vegies once in a while, but that's life so

Underpaid & Overworked

Management is biased, depending on if you are a favorite or not, it determines your working hours and even your pay rate. Management is constantly threatening to fire people if they do not perform to her level or if they don't "confirm" messages sent into the group chat.Cannot take days off sick unless you have a replacement set. If their is no replacement, you are expected to come in even if you are sick. Pay is not worth the work load and it comes late nearly every week. If you are promoted to team leader you still do not get a pay rise until you can do EVERYTHING to a certain speed. You do not get trained at all and have to learn by watching others do it. And if you weren't perfect after the first time, fired. They do not let you know that you are fired, they simply don't roster you on for the next few weeks then you are removed from the work group chat.No set discounts. 50% if you work over 7 hours. 20% if you work over 5 hours. and no discount if you aren't working. No discounts at other stores.However, the staff there are very friendly and comforting, they make sure that you have a chance to get the job

Pros

Friendly Staff

Cons

Biased management, Heavy workload, Underpaid and Overworked

Great workplace culture

Working in a growing company has given me an opportunity to learn and grow skills in different aspects. Work-life balance, supportive, and they are caring for each other. However, there is a lack of employee benefits and career developments.

Pros

Workplace culture

Cons

Management, employee benefits

Wouldn't suggest working here

The environment isn't encouraging and the people who work there aren't willing to help you learn. They didn't train me properly and didn't give me opportunities to learn how to thrive in the work place. They were also not understanding of medical leave and said they no longer required my work after I had to leave due to food poisoning their food gave me.

Exploited, not paid, used.

When I first started, I was told no information on what the uniform or what to wear (had to research it myself). Other new employees were given information that I wasn't (not sure why). Worked indivudally for most of the entire time and trained for about 5 minutes at both of my shifts, On my second shift, I found out as I was walking to my car that I was fired, and they had sent the new roster out while I was an hour into my 2nd shift. Haven't been paid, despite my rights due to fair work and should at least have a minimum of 6 hours paid. Extremely disappointing that they lack the emotional maturity and experience that they can't even tell an employee that they made through the trial or were not good enough, no reasons at all.If you are going to work here, make sure to be outstanding on your first day to make sure you get the job. It's all about getting everything perfect the first time you do it.

Pros

Friendly colleagues.

Cons

Lack of experience from staff and letting people off. No pay. Used. Pointless.

Unhygienic

Working at Roll'd do not only provide a good work-life balance but their food process is also unhygienic. Work culture is bad. Staff are not friendly and helpful.

The interviewer was great.

I like the whole process of employment. The field trainer is very good and very kind. Working at Roll’d will really help you improve your skills and the management is so good.

Fast paced

Felt I was not properly trained on procedures and was expected to learn by myself. The company does treat its workers well with christmas parties and such.s

Got kicked with no explaination and delayed payments

When I first got the job as a front of house worker at O' Connell st, I was excited and wanted to learn a lot at Roll'd. I learned how to do Point of sale for soldiers and basic cleaning instructions. But throughout the two weeks of my training, The manager was unlawful to me and told me she wasnt going to pay me at the end on the month. Most of the workers there was nice but some are just unhelpful and unable to help me with questions I have asked. It took three weeks to finally get my payment, but I suddenly got did not recieve any other infomations about when my next work as my contract still says im working as a part-time employee. Franciser and Manager have very upetting communication with this situation and have unexplained to me that they will be explaining about this problem when I didn get any updates ever since I worked.

Pros

Discount foods

Cons

Rude Manager, franchiser, delayed payments

Excellent workplace with good management and targets to meet

provide targets and incentives part time job security adequate staff some staff lack knowledge not due to company

Ok Place to work

Not a bad place to work. Good work life balance. Management could have been questionable but it is improving. Not alot of structure was in place until recently.

First real job lots of fun and great experience

Roll'd was an experience where I got to learn teamwork skills, excellent communication skills, and sales skills which I use in everyday life. The team I worked with was a lovely bunch we all got along very well and slowly throughout the years became a family with some leaving and some new ones coming in. many of them taught me the knowledge I use today in a working environment.

Pros

50% discount when working

Cons

Short hours

Not worth your time applying for a job at Roll’d

Higher management is hard to get a hold of, either getting very late responses or none at all. Management was the worst management team I’ve had in my 10 years of working in hospitality. There’s never any positive feedback given, only negative feedback and being told what’s been done wrong, never what’s been done right. It can be very fast paced and can get very draining physically and mentally - especially when there’s no words of encouragement from management. There’s no job security here, and as I’ve seen in hiring processes, if you’re not good enough for them they won’t take a chance on you at all, which usually means a day that’s understaffed. Manager created an extremely hostile work environement and as I’ve witnessed even made employees cry from stress. Never been thanked for starting a shift early if needed, never been thanked for staying back and never been payed for staying back even when I’ve been asked to be payed for the work I do. Overall, wouldn’t ever recommend this job to anyone. It’s a lot of work (cleaning, up selling, food prep) for a minimum wage job. Definitely not worth being put down for not up selling, definitely not worth the stress. With all that said, if management stepped up to the plate Roll’d would be an awesome work place, lots of customer service experience and decent work mates.

Pros

Friendly work mates

Cons

Couldn’t fit everything here

Fun

The good things - Flexible schedule available - Friendly co-workers and nice customers - Pretty much an easy job with not a lot of pressure. Even though it could be REALLY busy at times, it's still enjoyable - Friendly and understanding management The challenges - You have to handle oily and sometime messy food - Not a lot of career development

Good place to work. Learn new things about management, dealing with people and customer service skill. The friendly workplace with positive culture and environment.

Good Culture/Team

There is great culture/team environment. However management was not very involved, HR /support office was very difficult to get in contact with (and get a response).

Staff were great but can get cliquey

Sometimes it felt that there was a lack of job security, people got let go really quickly and there was always drama in the workplace. But overall great vibe (if you meet the right people)

Pros

Great discount

Cons

Bad management

Great Culture and All about People development

Great working environment which allows you to develop personally and professionally. They focus on people development and gives you opportunity to go further in your career path through learning skills such exceptional customer service, leadership and business management. They provide a positive and friendly workplace which promotes core values such as love, honour, share, dream, make memories and be compassionate. The main thing I love in this company is they treat you as part of their family and always helps you achieve your career goals as well as your personal goals.

Pros

Great culture

fun workplace

hard-working and nice employees build up my confidence level in communicating able to work at face pace learn new experience learn to be punctual at work able to run errands without complaint

Pros

good team work

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Rolld with