Rolld

Rolld Management reviews

Australia74 reviews

Clear
3.2Work–Life Balance

Fast-paced workplace with great environment

Roll'd is a very fast-paced workplace and tasks can be fun and challenging, with opportunities to work in both front and back of house operations. The team members were always lovely and working with great people made it feel worthwhile. With the right team you can easily work here for years just because of the team members you work with.It can be very stressful during lunch rush, as is the nature of hospitality jobs, but especially if it is very understaffed and there is always the pressure to keep speed of service under 2mins. The tasks you do are actually timed using a physical timer as well. Front of house can face a lot of abuse with no support from Roll'd. Inappropriate promotions also encourage abuse from customers with no support either.Roll'd management will analyse and criticise every little detail about your work and kitchen, and nothing is ever good enough. Monthly reviews never focus on any positives, they will only criticise the smallest things. Don't expect any support from the management either. The continuous new food promotions are equally bad. New promos last a month before they are scrapped due to low engagement.You can definitely learn a lot of useful skills and progress quickly, but the pay you earn will never justify the amount of workload you will get. Keep in mind, the younger you are, the harder you'll be made to work.

Pros

Team environment, opportunities to learn new skills, staff discount, good shift hours, repetitive tasks

Cons

Severely understaffed, no overtime pay, lack of support from management

Eh

Manager had (I dont know now I hope things have changed) a habit of micro managing staff. And when wanting to confront about time off due to a back injury, my requests were ignored.Emails, txts and calls were ignored and forced to come into store to ask to have a conversation with her. Conversations all ended in, "its up to the higher management" what on earth does THAT mean?? Started looking for another job after then.Lack of proper staff meetings/conversations and everyone was there to fend for themselves to learn when they were promised to be trained. Shouldve had at least 2 weeks worth of proper close training but never had.Lack of listening to more experienced staff in improving storage, stock and preserving quality of food. When I would recommend better ways it was ignored even though it was encouraged to be vocal. Was completely ignored and my frustration lead into resentment which was a no-go for me and left. Would not recommend if you just started in hospitality especially for kitchen

Poor management and stressful workplace

Poor management. Sometimes the manager want me cover someone who felts sick when I agreed and then he cancelled my shift. The boss is not respect his employees. The workplace is very stressful and drama:

Pros

50% food discount

Cons

Stress

Alright but disorginised managment

This was just my after school job and generally the people there are really nice, but the managment was always super disoginised and definatly took advantage of the fact that it was my first job, really fun coworkers though

Pros

good employees

Cons

bad pay, bad managment, disorginised managment, bad work life balance.

Poor management, manager pressured too much on coworkers but enjoyed and had fun to work with some awesome and helpful coworkers. Gained new skills and experience.

Normal Job

It was a normal fast food type job, I wouldn’t ever go back but it was okay. Manager was a bit overbearing, always on your back and monitoring you 24/7. Was a high turnover but the staff that stayed were great.

Underpaid & Overworked

Management is biased, depending on if you are a favorite or not, it determines your working hours and even your pay rate. Management is constantly threatening to fire people if they do not perform to her level or if they don't "confirm" messages sent into the group chat.Cannot take days off sick unless you have a replacement set. If their is no replacement, you are expected to come in even if you are sick. Pay is not worth the work load and it comes late nearly every week. If you are promoted to team leader you still do not get a pay rise until you can do EVERYTHING to a certain speed. You do not get trained at all and have to learn by watching others do it. And if you weren't perfect after the first time, fired. They do not let you know that you are fired, they simply don't roster you on for the next few weeks then you are removed from the work group chat.No set discounts. 50% if you work over 7 hours. 20% if you work over 5 hours. and no discount if you aren't working. No discounts at other stores.However, the staff there are very friendly and comforting, they make sure that you have a chance to get the job

Pros

Friendly Staff

Cons

Biased management, Heavy workload, Underpaid and Overworked

Company was okay, manager was not

The store/boss I worked for ended up being horrible. Boss was always late, we were understaffed which was stressful, felt under appreciated. Ended up quitting because my boss was just not listening to his employees and was overall just not a good business owner. Head office seemed like they were wanting to help our store but kind of gave up I guess. Most staff were nice though but I ended up hating it there due to very poor management.

Pros

Not much, depends on the store you work at.

Cons

Pretty much my whole experience were cons.

faced paced environment

its an alright job, its a good first job that teaches customer service skills. management is a tad bit unorganised. coworkers are very friendly. can get quite busy at times.

Don’t work here

Roll’d runaway bay was one of the worse places I have ever worked. The management was horrible, they had no organisation, they were ungrateful and rude. The other team members were great but overall was a terrible work place.

Work is fine until it gets busy. Wouldn't recommend.

Shocking management, very stingy and did not hire enough staff. Many instances of us being understaffed and the manager didn't bother finding replacements so we just suffered. Management wants to hire yes men robots and will give you a hard time if you aren't a doormat to them. Very fast paced environment serving customers and finishing over 500 rolls daily. If there are delays with rolling then the whole day is ruined and very difficult. Rolling itself is easy when you get used to it but very boring and repetitive and so much pressure is put on you to get rolls done in time. Front of house (serving customers only), rolling and back of house should be paid different amounts as some jobs are easier than others. Adore the people there - most staff are really nice and most customers are understanding

Pros

Free food, most customers and coworkers are lovely, work is easy but boring, expanded my skills a lot

Cons

Fast paced and stressful, terrible management, understaffed, deserve more pay

ok work place. management is shocking

i worked here for a bit and all was going GREAT, people were friendly but as time went on and as it got closer to my 18th birthday they just stopped giving me shifts. i begged and told them i need rent money and to save for a car and they did nothing and didn’t respond. so much drama amongst team members as they mostly hire kids (cheaper to pay), i felt as if i wasn’t cared for by management and it was disappointing. you stand there for 10 seconds while waiting for water to run or just anything to finish and you basically get told you’re lazy but you are actually doing the job LOL. it’s disappointing. not to mention PAY they messed up my pay almost everytime and didn’t do anything about it until i chased them up on it. their clock in and out system is absolutely horrific.i’ll miss the regular customers though.

Pros

pay is OK

Cons

Little to no hours management is horrific workplace drama messed up pays

Don’t work here

The staff was lovely and taught me more than the manager did, they expected you to perfect everything after 1 day of experience. Hardly got any shift and took them 2 weeks to say that I was let go. Also got me to come in to work 3 hours before my shift without pay. They break health and safety protocols such as leaving ingredients that are suppose to be in the fridge out on the benches and leave phone and drinks laying around everywhere including at work stations. They definitely play favourite

Pros

50% discount of food Lovely staff members

Cons

Not enough hours Management could be better

Horrible Management

If you can avoid working there, please do. The management is absolutely terrible. They play an extreme game of favourites and if you are not one your life will be miserable. The other workers are all lovely people. The only issue are the owners. No job should pay you so inconsistently that you need a spreadsheet to keep track of what you should be paid and when...

Welcoming, feels like a family, pay a bit low

Fun workplace with very friendly staff. Management is very welcoming and inclusive, and I feel cared for. Very fast-paced around lunchtime, but can become boring when not at rush hours. Pay is a bit low, I get around $12 an hour however I am under 18.

Pros

50% off discount on full menu but only at the specific store you work at, Caring and friendly staff, Healthy and tasty menu

Cons

Pay a bit low, Not enough shifts

Terrible Management

Management was terrible. They manually add in your hours worked. I often had missed hours on my payslip which meant I got my pay reduced. First off, one time I was late and had told the manager. I came in at 3:05pm, 5min late. Next week saw my payslip, manager had reduced 15min off my payslip in total instead of 5min. When I brought it up to her (J.P - her initials), she had said, "it is an expectation you come to work 15min early" like wtf. Another time, I came to work at 11:55am, my shift was at 12pm. But the manager screamed at me for showing up "late" saying how it is the company's expectations that you come 15min early even you don't get paid for it. After this I left.The management was just terrible. I wouldn't want to say where I work at because the manager will know - but just avoid roll'd in the city in general.PS, she also rostered people to go on 2-4 hours break to save labour cost. waste of time

Pros

colleagues

Cons

long hours, low rate, long breaks.

Great workplace culture

Working in a growing company has given me an opportunity to learn and grow skills in different aspects. Work-life balance, supportive, and they are caring for each other. However, there is a lack of employee benefits and career developments.

Pros

Workplace culture

Cons

Management, employee benefits

Worst company to work for - avoid

The management are bullies. Dont get paid for menu log trips, manager belittles people all the time. Staff are under valued and claim not to be entitled to breaks.

Pros

The interviewer was great.

I like the whole process of employment. The field trainer is very good and very kind. Working at Roll’d will really help you improve your skills and the management is so good.

HORRIBLE Management

I worked in multiple stores with Roll’d. My experience at the Rouse Hill one in particular was that the manager is incredibly rude and inconsiderate. She picks favourites, doesn’t listen to her staff instead works them as her minions. The managing supervisor is her robot. Though the pay is great, chances of getting shifts is fairly unlikely if you suggest a change in the business (i.e. where to store food, how much staff should be rostered), anything suggestive will have the owner/manager cut you and ignore you. No clear communication unless you bow down to her. See this now, do not work at this store. Other stores may have better management. She is also going to be the owner of the Hornsby store so do not go there either. Expect duplicity from the Queen of Roll’d Rouse Hill + Hornsby if you work here. If you do get through the interview process make sure to follow her every command and be willing to drop your personal life for her.

Don’t work here

I used to work at Towers but I left 1.5 years ago. The manager plays favourites and will only roster people they like frequently. They will also give you a number of shifts but will cut you off last minute without telling you. From what I heard, this still happens to the staff who work there. It is very inconvenient, stressful and annoying and it seems like they do not care about anyones’ feelings. They also DO NOT PAY OVER TIME which is illegal. To summarise: favouritism, last minute cut offs, no over time pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Rolld with