Rolld logo
Rolld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rolld Management reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance

Ok Place to work

Not a bad place to work. Good work life balance. Management could have been questionable but it is improving. Not alot of structure was in place until recently.

The interviewer was great.

I like the whole process of employment. The field trainer is very good and very kind. Working at Roll’d will really help you improve your skills and the management is so good.

HORRIBLE Management

I worked in multiple stores with Roll’d. My experience at the Rouse Hill one in particular was that the manager is incredibly rude and inconsiderate. She picks favourites, doesn’t listen to her staff instead works them as her minions. The managing supervisor is her robot. Though the pay is great, chances of getting shifts is fairly unlikely if you suggest a change in the business (i.e. where to store food, how much staff should be rostered), anything suggestive will have the owner/manager cut you and ignore you. No clear communication unless you bow down to her. See this now, do not work at this store. Other stores may have better management. She is also going to be the owner of the Hornsby store so do not go there either. Expect duplicity from the Queen of Roll’d Rouse Hill + Hornsby if you work here. If you do get through the interview process make sure to follow her every command and be willing to drop your personal life for her.

Don’t work here

I used to work at Towers but I left 1.5 years ago. The manager plays favourites and will only roster people they like frequently. They will also give you a number of shifts but will cut you off last minute without telling you. From what I heard, this still happens to the staff who work there. It is very inconvenient, stressful and annoying and it seems like they do not care about anyones’ feelings. They also DO NOT PAY OVER TIME which is illegal. To summarise: favouritism, last minute cut offs, no over time pay.

It was good

It was a good place but unfortunately had poor management at the start and cut my shift to 5hr a week annd had to travel 40min. New staff and management

Former Abused Front of House Staff

Very fast paced work environment for very little pay and expected to perform at your very top level and also deal with a bunch of abuse from the management. At this level, this job can become extremely physically and mentally draining from all the customer service, upselling, food preparation and cleaning tasks. Boss was extremely rude and inconsiderate and only liked their employees when there were good sales days (which is extremely rare). No signs of positivity at all and instead only being constantly told what is done wrong and mistakes combined with relentless screaming and scolding from the boss. What's worse, boss is always in denial when I tried to tell her to take it easy on the negativity. Honestly QAT (boss) if you are reading this, I just want to say thank you very much for disrespecting my hustle and my hard work and my effort into making the store an amicable environment between our co-workers and the customers and you never seem to acknowledge this. I'm glad I don't have to work there anymore because now I can no longer put up with your abusive behaviour to me and the rest of the employees and I can no longer have my value and my pride destroyed by your lack in leadership, in fact you are not fit to be the leader at all, you are really nothing but a pusher. I hope the next time you do this to someone or other future employees can put up with your abusive behaviour as much as I did. Definitely would not recommend this to anyone unless if they need a job so desperately they can go to the measures of getting thrown under the bus by the poor management.

Stable hours but poor management

Once you got into the swing of things the job itself was quite easy. Got very repetitive with managers asking tasks from me that didn't line up with what I had been trained for/my own judgement. Was often undermined for my judgement.

Pros

50% staff discount

Cons

Dodgy management

Not worth your time applying for a job at Roll’d

Higher management is hard to get a hold of, either getting very late responses or none at all. Management was the worst management team I’ve had in my 10 years of working in hospitality. There’s never any positive feedback given, only negative feedback and being told what’s been done wrong, never what’s been done right. It can be very fast paced and can get very draining physically and mentally - especially when there’s no words of encouragement from management. There’s no job security here, and as I’ve seen in hiring processes, if you’re not good enough for them they won’t take a chance on you at all, which usually means a day that’s understaffed. Manager created an extremely hostile work environement and as I’ve witnessed even made employees cry from stress. Never been thanked for starting a shift early if needed, never been thanked for staying back and never been payed for staying back even when I’ve been asked to be payed for the work I do. Overall, wouldn’t ever recommend this job to anyone. It’s a lot of work (cleaning, up selling, food prep) for a minimum wage job. Definitely not worth being put down for not up selling, definitely not worth the stress. With all that said, if management stepped up to the plate Roll’d would be an awesome work place, lots of customer service experience and decent work mates.

Pros

Friendly work mates

Cons

Couldn’t fit everything here

Fun

The good things - Flexible schedule available - Friendly co-workers and nice customers - Pretty much an easy job with not a lot of pressure. Even though it could be REALLY busy at times, it's still enjoyable - Friendly and understanding management The challenges - You have to handle oily and sometime messy food - Not a lot of career development

Good place to work. Learn new things about management, dealing with people and customer service skill. The friendly workplace with positive culture and environment.

Jobs at Rolld

See more jobs

Good Culture/Team

There is great culture/team environment. However management was not very involved, HR /support office was very difficult to get in contact with (and get a response).

Staff were great but can get cliquey

Sometimes it felt that there was a lack of job security, people got let go really quickly and there was always drama in the workplace. But overall great vibe (if you meet the right people)

Pros

Great discount

Cons

Bad management

Good benefits and pay

decent job with good pay and benefits. Just be careful which store you go into as a big part of job enjoyment comes from which store is being managed properly

Pros

Good pay/ benefits

Cons

management in certain stores

Great Culture and All about People development

Great working environment which allows you to develop personally and professionally. They focus on people development and gives you opportunity to go further in your career path through learning skills such exceptional customer service, leadership and business management. They provide a positive and friendly workplace which promotes core values such as love, honour, share, dream, make memories and be compassionate. The main thing I love in this company is they treat you as part of their family and always helps you achieve your career goals as well as your personal goals.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

No kidding about Fast Paced and Energetic work environment.

I love working for Rolld and everything it stands for. It is a fresh, healthy and fun environment. From management to team members - everyone is like family.

Pros

The most friendliest team and working environment.

Fast paced

Good level of responsibility given to employees. Management does a great job giving equal opportunity and they endevour to be across all aspects. Shift allocation could be improved.

Pros

Busy

Cons

Late night starts and finishes

Poor management skills

Managers do not know how to manage a store, poor management skills, did not enjoy my time working for them. I have made mistakes but managers did not give me a second chance at all. Co-workers were great people to work with.

Productive and enjoyable team environment

A typical day at work consists of alternating between P.O.S and the 'island' which is where we prepare all the meals. Then there is also preparing what we can for the next shift. Eg; cutting vegetables, marinating meats, packaging salads and other foods. The hardest part of the job is probably closing the store, cleaning and making sure everything is in its right place for the person opening in the next shift. The most enjoyable part was definitely the mornings, opening the store and playing my music as loud as I wanted. The management could use some work, although they dont do a terrible job. Sometimes pay is too late, we run out of stock for other items and have to borrow from our store in Civic. Just a bit more organisation. The co workers are all very friendly and smiley, good company and conversations is a regular expectation at work. Overall Roll'd was a good experience.

Pros

50% off

Cons

Hourly rate