Rolld

Clear
3.2Work–Life Balance
2.9Pay & Benefits

Alright but disorginised managment

This was just my after school job and generally the people there are really nice, but the managment was always super disoginised and definatly took advantage of the fact that it was my first job, really fun coworkers though

Pros

good employees

Cons

bad pay, bad managment, disorginised managment, bad work life balance.

Take it from someone who's been here a long time...

Been in Roll'd for more than 5 years now. Met my spouse there, too. We started as humble Team Members in one of the first stores, both worked our way up, and we now earn a 6-figure annual salary. We were lucky to have an employer who mentored us, and now a company who takes care of us and also gives back to the community (Blue Dragon).Roll'd is very fast-paced, no doubt. And we thrive on it. The work load is definitely challenging, but we have a whole team who carry one another, and that reflects Vietnamese culture of family that stick together like rice.If you're looking for something easy-going that might melt your brain this job might not be for you. If you are passionate for food and wanna share that passion, if you are looking for something fulfilling, stimulating, keeps you on your toes, something that could give you grit and develop some practical life skills with real opportunities to advance your career and grow as a person, then this is for you.The system is obviously not perfect. You just gotta find the stores with leaders whose goal is to foster a healthy working environment that empowers and equips their team to be the best versions of themselves.

Pros

A job that makes you use your brain. Self development, Access to tools you need, training & apprenticeship, qualifications & pathways, opportunity to advance your career, $$$, yummy Viet food

Cons

You learn how to wash the dishes, You learn how to sweep and mop floors, You learn how to cook, You maybe get burnt from cooking or get cut from prepping vegies once in a while, but that's life so

Terrible Management

Management was terrible. They manually add in your hours worked. I often had missed hours on my payslip which meant I got my pay reduced. First off, one time I was late and had told the manager. I came in at 3:05pm, 5min late. Next week saw my payslip, manager had reduced 15min off my payslip in total instead of 5min. When I brought it up to her (J.P - her initials), she had said, "it is an expectation you come to work 15min early" like wtf. Another time, I came to work at 11:55am, my shift was at 12pm. But the manager screamed at me for showing up "late" saying how it is the company's expectations that you come 15min early even you don't get paid for it. After this I left.The management was just terrible. I wouldn't want to say where I work at because the manager will know - but just avoid roll'd in the city in general.PS, she also rostered people to go on 2-4 hours break to save labour cost. waste of time

Pros

colleagues

Cons

long hours, low rate, long breaks.

Great workplace culture

Working in a growing company has given me an opportunity to learn and grow skills in different aspects. Work-life balance, supportive, and they are caring for each other. However, there is a lack of employee benefits and career developments.

Pros

Workplace culture

Cons

Management, employee benefits

Unhygienic

Working at Roll'd do not only provide a good work-life balance but their food process is also unhygienic. Work culture is bad. Staff are not friendly and helpful.

Ok Place to work

Not a bad place to work. Good work life balance. Management could have been questionable but it is improving. Not alot of structure was in place until recently.

Friendly coworkers

Friendly workers, not too long hours good for students night shifts range from 3:30-9:30, you learn great customer service skills, how to count money, free soldiers for everyone that isn’t sold.

Pros

Half priced lunch during shifts

Cons

Filled priced lunch during shift, only person serving

I love the people I work with and workload is always manageable because of it.

Opening the store by myself in the morning is challenging at first, but by the time i learnt to adapt, it was more of an easy job and quiet a stress free environment to work at. I love being in the kitchen or being able to provide a quality service to people. I must say, that, working with people the right team can impact the workload and fun at work. And, that is what I love about my job. People are easy to get along with, hence, busy and stressful days are easily manageable. If it weren't for a good team, the work place would struggle to get things done. I think having the compassion towards ur job and your workmate makes the workplace more enjoyable. This builds friendship and a strong foundation in a team. Although, things can go wrong at times, I am glad that we can solve it at ease. One of the most challenging I faced, as a team leader, is getting everyone to follow a direct instruction. I learn, not be assertive and get things done by asking in a nice manner. Costumer service also makes it hard sometimes. As much as I love giving a good quality service, some people are just not nice and go off at little things to make issue. It is part of the job so you just learn to deal with it and call it a day. At the end of the day, I just remind myself that I am here because you I love what I do. I mean, when its that busy at work, you don't really think about it and its very typical to happen in most of workplace.

Pros

discounted meals, building long life friendships

Cons

late closing, and going home late

Good place to work. Learn new things about management, dealing with people and customer service skill. The friendly workplace with positive culture and environment.

Easy & fun

Loved working here, meeting new people & food was good ! I worked here for abit and I can say I’ve made great friends. I love the environment cause it was so youthful and fun! Never forget

Pros

Delicious food, easy going staff

Cons

Pay wasn’t great

Great Culture and All about People development

Great working environment which allows you to develop personally and professionally. They focus on people development and gives you opportunity to go further in your career path through learning skills such exceptional customer service, leadership and business management. They provide a positive and friendly workplace which promotes core values such as love, honour, share, dream, make memories and be compassionate. The main thing I love in this company is they treat you as part of their family and always helps you achieve your career goals as well as your personal goals.

Pros

Great culture

fun workplace

hard-working and nice employees build up my confidence level in communicating able to work at face pace learn new experience learn to be punctual at work able to run errands without complaint

Pros

good team work

Cons

Fun workplace with a fantastic team

Great group of people that make a wonderful team. Lots of laughs amongst the hard work. Fast paced. Staff excel at their allocated positions and work together to prop each other up on their weaknesses. Its a fantastic work culture. I have learnt about Vietnamese cuisine.

Pros

Great location

Cons

Not enough hours

Fast paced

Good level of responsibility given to employees. Management does a great job giving equal opportunity and they endevour to be across all aspects. Shift allocation could be improved.

Pros

Busy

Cons

Late night starts and finishes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Rolld with

• Rolld
  • Work–Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?