Roy Hill
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Roy Hill Employee Reviews

Australia49 reviews
Great company, good pay and conditions
Worked at Mine Processing Plant between October 2017 and June 2019, eventually on even time roster which was great lifestyle balance. Good supervisor and great crew of workers made FIFO role rewarding most of the time. Management really good at listening to workforce, fairly safe mine site with good job security. Would definitely go back.
If you can handle long hours in 40 degree heat. Go for it.
If you can handle long hours in 40 degree heat. Go for it. You will get used to it.
Competitive environment, its all about work. 12hrs a day sleep and do it all again depending on your roster.
Productive and friendly place to work!
The staff are always willing to show you patiently how to do things. Nothing is too much trouble. You are made aware of exactly what is required and what is expected. The staff facilities are excellent!
Baby rio tinto wannabe
Poisen culture..greedy self obsessed ex rio and ex bhp narcissists.... Your just another number to be used to protect certain groups of people to achieve their own advancement .
If you need/want the money
A very dehumanising experience working for roy hill. CEO needs a good psychotherapist. One moment he would be grilling you (just being a bully) within seconds he would turn to wanting to sue a supplier for deceptive and misleading conduct...
Too many examples of poor treatment - salary cut, bonuses not honoured, terms and conds changed without negotiation. Just terrible.
Great
Great company to work for, great location, was one of the best sites i have worked on in western australia, camp was really great would definitely recommend
Fast track projects
Good work environment. Fast track projects was a good experience. Was based in Perth HO, went to site a few times.
The camp is one of the best I have been in.
Productive, Fun laid back vibe
Roy Hill was the best site I have been too, the camp was great and we got along quite well. All the facilities were amazing and reasonably new, there is a state of the art gym, a pool and the bar has beers on tap (mid strength though).
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Roy Hill?
Management needs to change
Roy Hill used to be the place to be. It was exciting and everything was moving forward. Sometimes genuine mistakes were made but these were never deliberate attempts to mess everyone around, they are all part of a developing mine site. However, at this current time I would not recommend Roy Hill as decisions have been made and people have been placed in many leadership roles that they are simply not suited to or competent to perform. Hopefully these are picked up sooner rather than later and Roy Hill can be that great place to work again. The people are what make Roy Hill, there are so many wonderful people that are really out there trying to make it great.
Pros
Great camp, great people, great teamwork amongst the crews
Great camp
A lot of people got away with doing little work while the ones that did all the hard work ended up leaving.
Great camp facilities and the pay and perks were great.
Pros
Pay and Perks
Cons
Not really
great bunch of people work there
a good village lifestyle it has every thing you might need
gym, swimming pool, movie theatre a shift change area

A day starts at 5:30am/pm with shift handover ,followed by production meeting to map out the day then it back to doing permit as they are required.
Work culture is poor
When Training it gives you a sense of achievement. The hardest part is trying to teach somebody who thinks he knows more than you. Some of the management need to change their way the treat their employees and they will get far better results in productivity.
Pros
The bonus
Cons
12.5 hrs working day's
Terrible workplace culture and environement
People honestly don’t want to work there. Personnel are required to work 14 hour days (12.5 onsite and 30 min travel each way)
There is a festering underbelly where the company portrays a sense of belonging however, no one wants to be there, and if they are there, there looking for another job or waiting out retirement.
Cons
14 hour work days
Great Experience in Mining
Roy Hill Mine is a fantastic place to work. Supervisors and upper management are always looking for ways to improve safety. I enjoyed my time there. The food was pretty good with lots of choices. The accommodations are nicer than others that I’ve seen.
Pros
Roster, the people become like family.
Cons
Fifo, Living remotely in the Pilbara.
Great camp and facilities
12.5 hour shifts with good structure in my departments
Has been a massive learning curve due to this being a very young mine

Workplace culture is hit and miss. Turnover is quite high.

Most difficult part of the job is keeping on top of waste management

Most enjoyable would be the comradery within our team
Good work culture and environment
Roy Hill gave me my career start in mining and for that I am absolutely grateful. While like any company, Roy Hill has room to improve on with respect to career development, overall I am content working for Roy Hill
very good place to work grat camp great site great roaster
royhill is a great place to work the camp is exellent the food is brillant the hole crew on site are eazy to get along with suppervisors are very aprochable and eazy to talk to all and all its a great place to be
Great experience
Was great to work with forward thinking people. Had a lot of fun as well as working hard. The camp was very well laid out and transport to a from site was easy also.
Enjoyable project works
Early works and ramp-up stages of Project. Professional and experienced management team, particularly the line management.
Interesting and challenging project.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Poor work/life balance roster.
Roy Hill
Well Roy Hill working with the client is another avenue as they like to how there plants going with all the up/dates meeting I never seen a client so involved in the first stage off construction. What learn is to if the client is out there on the job and asking the supervision where are we at I replied speak to my construction and he we inform where we are on the scale.As for our management culture it was hard they want this and so on. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep our client from entering our work areas with consent from our Management team Thiess. And the most enjoyable part was working with all trades.
Friendly place to work
Great work life balance with a driven workforce. Could pay more though or at least a bonus structure to help retain staff.