Roy Hill Employee Reviews

Productive, Fun laid back vibe
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newman WA20 April 2019
Roy Hill was the best site I have been too, the camp was great and we got along quite well. All the facilities were amazing and reasonably new, there is a state of the art gym, a pool and the bar has beers on tap (mid strength though).
Management needs to change
Leader (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill13 March 2019
Roy Hill used to be the place to be. It was exciting and everything was moving forward. Sometimes genuine mistakes were made but these were never deliberate attempts to mess everyone around, they are all part of a developing mine site. However, at this current time I would not recommend Roy Hill as decisions have been made and people have been placed in many leadership roles that they are simply not suited to or competent to perform. Hopefully these are picked up sooner rather than later and Roy Hill can be that great place to work again. The people are what make Roy Hill, there are so many wonderful people that are really out there trying to make it great.
Pros
Great camp, great people, great teamwork amongst the crews
Cons
great bunch of people work there
Process Technician- Permit Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Newman WA1 February 2019
a good village lifestyle it has every thing you might need
gym, swimming pool, movie theatre a shift change area
A day starts at 5:30am/pm with shift handover ,followed by production meeting to map out the day then it back to doing permit as they are required.
Work culture is poor
Supervisor Rail Training (Current Employee) –  Port Hedland WA2 January 2019
When Training it gives you a sense of achievement. The hardest part is trying to teach somebody who thinks he knows more than you. Some of the management need to change their way the treat their employees and they will get far better results in productivity.
Pros
The bonus
Cons
12.5 hrs working day's
Terrible workplace culture and environement
Leader (Former Employee) –  Newman WA19 December 2018
People honestly don’t want to work there. Personnel are required to work 14 hour days (12.5 onsite and 30 min travel each way)
There is a festering underbelly where the company portrays a sense of belonging however, no one wants to be there, and if they are there, there looking for another job or waiting out retirement.
Cons
14 hour work days
Great Experience in Mining
Dump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Western Australia, Australia4 October 2018
Roy Hill Mine is a fantastic place to work. Supervisors and upper management are always looking for ways to improve safety. I enjoyed my time there. The food was pretty good with lots of choices. The accommodations are nicer than others that I’ve seen.
Pros
Roster, the people become like family.
Cons
Fifo, Living remotely in the Pilbara.
Great camp and facilities
Supervisor Supply Chain Hydrocarbons (Current Employee) –  Newman WA27 July 2018
12.5 hour shifts with good structure in my departments
Has been a massive learning curve due to this being a very young mine
Workplace culture is hit and miss. Turnover is quite high.
Most difficult part of the job is keeping on top of waste management
Most enjoyable would be the comradery within our team
Good work culture and environment
Operator Truck (Graduate) (Current Employee) –  Roy Hill WA3 May 2018
Roy Hill gave me my career start in mining and for that I am absolutely grateful. While like any company, Roy Hill has room to improve on with respect to career development, overall I am content working for Roy Hill
very good place to work grat camp great site great roaster
Operator (Former Employee) –  Newman WA25 April 2018
royhill is a great place to work the camp is exellent the food is brillant the hole crew on site are eazy to get along with suppervisors are very aprochable and eazy to talk to all and all its a great place to be
Great experience
Shutdown Manager (Current Employee) –  DEC201721 January 2018
Was great to work with forward thinking people. Had a lot of fun as well as working hard. The camp was very well laid out and transport to a from site was easy also.
Enjoyable project works
H&S Advisor (Client's Representative) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 May 2017
Early works and ramp-up stages of Project. Professional and experienced management team, particularly the line management.
Interesting and challenging project.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Poor work/life balance roster.
Roy Hill
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill29 March 2017
Well Roy Hill working with the client is another avenue as they like to how there plants going with all the up/dates meeting I never seen a client so involved in the first stage off construction. What learn is to if the client is out there on the job and asking the supervision where are we at I replied speak to my construction and he we inform where we are on the scale.As for our management culture it was hard they want this and so on. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep our client from entering our work areas with consent from our Management team Thiess. And the most enjoyable part was working with all trades.
Friendly place to work
IROC Controller Wenco FMS (Current Employee) –  Perth Airport WA26 February 2017
Great work life balance with a driven workforce. Could pay more though or at least a bonus structure to help retain staff.
Good work colleagues
Ancillary Operator (Current Employee) –  Welshpool Dc WA5 February 2017
Very long hours
no new skills needed
lack of people skills from supervisor
great work mates and good attitudes
non recognition of work ethics
good work mates
Pros
good camp
Productive , very busy , chalenging
Electrician Special class / instrumentation (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA4 February 2017
One of good jobs
live commissioning side by side with engineers , worked under Samsung , wprked night shifts , and long hours

Pros
flaksjf
Cons
night shifts, long hours
A challenging work place but good approach
Specialist Manager Safety Compliance (Current Employee) –  Perth WA28 December 2016
Since latching on to "margins based" this appears to have become a catchcry for redundancy and change. some really tremendous people there and a good deal of senior management who actually let you be innovative and think for yourself.
Pros
Challenging work environment and some capacity to think for one's self. Some good bosses.
Cons
Long hours and want more
Productive fun place to work
Trainer Assessor (Former Employee) –  Remote WA1 October 2016
Job insecurity and time to re evaluate my current position. I have been on a short term contract for some time and have been in and out of work since last May last year.
Pros
To far from home life
Cons
Long hours, very tired most of the times.
Senior Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 June 2016
A great place to work with a project team of experienced professionals making the day to day challanges of completing a 10 Billion Dollar a little easier.
Hardest part of the job was working with different cultures, such as the Korean main contractor and Chinese sub contractors. My 14 years working in China helped overcome many of the issues presented.
Most enjoyable part of the job was assessing and evaluating proposed contractors fabrication facilities in different countries around the world.
Hot
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Western Australia8 June 2016
Roy Hill was a $10 Billion Iron Ore mine expansion project, again, a fantastic project to participate in, though came with new challenges that i feel have only enhanced my capabilities and endurance.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hot
Productive, professional and a great place to be working.
Trainer Assessor (Current Employee) –  Pilbara WA21 April 2016
In the short time I have worked at Roy Hill I have met many bright positive and intelligent staff whom have given me plenty of opportunitys to succed to another level.
Pros
Top facilities
Cons
Long shifts