Royal Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Wonderful place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Melbourne VIC1 January 2019
As a volunteer I loved it. Loved the place, loved the work and the people. I enjoyed meeting customers, nurses and doctors who came into the shop.

The shop itself has a large variety of items for patients to enjoy, from infants right through to older kids. It caters to all ages groups. There is enough to interest even the most fussy kids.
Pros
The merchandise and people you meet
Cons
Long trip in the car from home.
Not good place cardiac operation theatre
Theatre Nurse (Former Employee) –  Theatre24 July 2018
Not a good place to work ......
Especially this department, why does a single particular place has employee turnover so often????? Serious question to think about .... the name and fame of this amazing hospital donot really apply to this place... if you want a peaceful life better donot go there especially to cardiac theatre.
Great organisation
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC6 March 2018
RCH is a great organisation that I cant recommend highly enough. It is one of the few organisation where (most) executive and staff are on the same page and working towards a common goal.
love to work with people
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC16 February 2018
I love working ther , people every where help you and the are patient . I learn a lot of this amazing experience .the hardest part of the job is the distance I traveled daily .
Humble Place
AIN/Assistant In Nursing (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 December 2017
This hospital was lovely. Learning a new job description was a nice challenge as well as helping nurses & patients. I also learnt a new skill was ordering supplies & learning more new equipment. This role always had training which helped with daily roles.
no room to advance
Emergency Department Clerk / Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  emergency department10 October 2017
was a good place to work but hard to advance ,

HR dept seem to reward those with bad behaviour and if you do the right thing you get treated poorly

great team in emergency , all very friendly

some customers can be quite abusive which is not nice but other staff help control the situation
Senior Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, AU30 August 2017
I really enjoyed working as a social worker at RCH. The staff were all friendly and helpful, management was great and there was a lot of support. The entire team of social workers and my independent teams in areas of the hospital were great co workers.
Pros
Lots of advancement, paid research opportunities
Fun workplace
Volunteer in assisting families (Current Employee) –  Parkville VIC7 August 2017
As a volunteer I really enjoy my time at the Royal Children's hospital. I enjoy spending time with work colleagues during the shift and interacting with the patients in the wards.
excellent
Intern (Current Employee) –  Parkville VIC14 June 2017
i got really good experince during my internship. i got really good practical experience. The staff is really good and helpful. i have learnt good skills
diversity culture, friendly staffs
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 June 2017
Helping account officer to enter and check data.They are friendly and willing to correct my mistake. I have learned about how professional environment, communication. I have 1-hour lunch break and the kitchen is nice with fully equipped with dishes, cups, cuttlery, coffee, tea, milk. The hardest thing is sometimes my manager is out of office, hence I have to note all my misunderstanding and keep working with another people. I love warmly atmosphere there, nobody is treated equally either new employment or internship.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 May 2017
Rewarding experience, with no pay due to the fact it is 100% volunteer. Am awaiting to commence my volunteer work in mid June and looking forward to it
Professional and friendly working environment
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 April 2017
Working at a hospital can be very busy and taxing to say the least, yet the Royal Children's Hospital provides an excellent working environment, making even a hospital seem enjoyable. The countless staff are so incredible nice and friendly, making it very easy to communicate and work with other people.
Kindergarten Teacher
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Parkville VIC6 February 2017
A wonderful role, with an experienced, supportive assistant.
Centre cater to needs of their clients (employees of hospital).
Lead educators receive 4 hours planning time, co-educators 1 hour.
Centre open 6:45 - 6:30
10 rooms in total
Creative and fun place to work
Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia7 January 2017
I worked at RCH through a casual position so much of what I experienced may be different. With that said, the way I was treated even as a casual employee was with complete respect and confidence I have to imagine a full time position would be similar. The atmosphere of the hospital allows both an ability to feel part of something important while also being relaxed and fun. You're in an environment tailored for people with fast food and restaurant options, a grocery store, and much in between.
Pros
Tax benefits
Fun and flexible workplace
Infant hearing screener (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 January 2017
Great place to work. Staff are great. Good job for mothers with school aged kids as you can work the school hours. It's a part time job, so it has a good work/home life balance. Can work at different hospitals that are closest to home. Staff help out when required.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Pay could be better
productive working environment where I got the practical knowledge of accounting.
Juni (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 December 2016
The place where I got practical experience of accounting. Great friendly and learning environment, I had an experience once where I had difficulty in reconciling and I was running late as I was to submit the work before the end of the shift, I ask my co-worker that I was not able to find the error and I am running late, that was a busy time, still my co-worker help me out in detail. I really appreciate his input.
Royal Children's Hosptial Charity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne South East VIC7 December 2016
Working as a volunteer for the Royal Children's Hospital collection is a valuable experience. It is a rewarding job which demonstrates my passion to help young children who are suffering from illnesses which are affecting their lives. I learnt good communication skills which is an essential skill to acquire in many jobs.
Pros
Helping sick children/Small shifts
Cons
A pleasure to be involved in such a great program
Newborn Infant Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC2 October 2016
It has been a pleasure to be involved in such a wonderful program. My hours suited me and I have learned so much about this program and the basic running of a maternity ward. I mostly worked alone but the nursing staff were always friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was it is not enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the parents and of course having regular contact with newborn babies.
Pros
part time hours
Cons
not enough hours
Very good
Bank reconciliation officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 July 2016
Very positive and co operative. Good management staff
Good working conditions
Very professiona

Busy at work
Good co workers
Pros
Very encouraging
Cons
Far from home
Supportive team members, great company to work for with opportunities for development and growth.
Service Desk Analyst/ Application Support (Former Employee) –  Parkville VIC14 May 2016
During my one month contract at RCH, i was a part of EPIC EMR (Electronic Medical Record) project. The first project in Australia which was quite successful because of the smooth implementation and great team working hard for several months in delivering project. I developed skills and experience in resolving level 1 technical issues for end users across the hospital. I enjoyed talking to users, resolving issues, escalating the unresolved issues to the appropriate team for resolution.
The team leaders and management team was very supportive. It is a great company to work for. I would highly recommend this company to work at. It has potential for growth and development within the company.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner for employees doing rotating shifts
Cons
No Cons