Royal Children's Hospital
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Royal Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
Productive, professional and rewarding service delivery. Inclusive and positive work culture
One of the leading Paediatric hospitals in the world. RCH provides multiple high level expertise areas . One of the worlds front-runners in paediatric research. Hospital works in collaboration with University of Queensland QUT. Positive and free flowing association with Adult Emergency, Neonatal and Adult intensive care units all 'on campus' A typical workday extremely busy. Level of acuity and workload during main public holidays unpredictable
Reasons for why I liked or working at the Hospital are as follows; Working with children, vast free educational opportunities inline with best practice

Beautiful green golf course one side, city view another. Yearly carnival "The EKKA" provides spectacular view of brightly coloured lights from carnavil rides along with nightly fireworks! for 7 days
Pros
Friendly, family vibe rather than stark cold clinical work enviroment
Cons
No close rail access to campus. Expensive carparking. Free parking 3 blocks away (15min walk)
Wonderful place
As a volunteer I loved it. Loved the place, loved the work and the people. I enjoyed meeting customers, nurses and doctors who came into the shop.

The shop itself has a large variety of items for patients to enjoy, from infants right through to older kids. It caters to all ages groups. There is enough to interest even the most fussy kids.
Pros
The merchandise and people you meet
Cons
Long trip in the car from home.
Not good place cardiac operation theatre
Not a good place to work ......
Especially this department, why does a single particular place has employee turnover so often????? Serious question to think about .... the name and fame of this amazing hospital donot really apply to this place... if you want a peaceful life better donot go there especially to cardiac theatre.
Great organisation
RCH is a great organisation that I cant recommend highly enough. It is one of the few organisation where (most) executive and staff are on the same page and working towards a common goal.
love to work with people
I love working ther , people every where help you and the are patient . I learn a lot of this amazing experience .the hardest part of the job is the distance I traveled daily .
Humble Place
This hospital was lovely. Learning a new job description was a nice challenge as well as helping nurses & patients. I also learnt a new skill was ordering supplies & learning more new equipment. This role always had training which helped with daily roles.
no room to advance
was a good place to work but hard to advance ,

HR dept seem to reward those with bad behaviour and if you do the right thing you get treated poorly

great team in emergency , all very friendly

some customers can be quite abusive which is not nice but other staff help control the situation
I really enjoyed working as a social worker at RCH. The staff were all friendly and helpful, management was great and there was a lot of support. The entire team of social workers and my independent teams in areas of the hospital were great co workers.
Pros
Lots of advancement, paid research opportunities
Fun workplace
As a volunteer I really enjoy my time at the Royal Children's hospital. I enjoy spending time with work colleagues during the shift and interacting with the patients in the wards.
excellent
i got really good experince during my internship. i got really good practical experience. The staff is really good and helpful. i have learnt good skills
diversity culture, friendly staffs
Helping account officer to enter and check data.They are friendly and willing to correct my mistake. I have learned about how professional environment, communication. I have 1-hour lunch break and the kitchen is nice with fully equipped with dishes, cups, cuttlery, coffee, tea, milk. The hardest thing is sometimes my manager is out of office, hence I have to note all my misunderstanding and keep working with another people. I love warmly atmosphere there, nobody is treated equally either new employment or internship.
Volunteer Work
Rewarding experience, with no pay due to the fact it is 100% volunteer. Am awaiting to commence my volunteer work in mid June and looking forward to it
Professional and friendly working environment
Working at a hospital can be very busy and taxing to say the least, yet the Royal Children's Hospital provides an excellent working environment, making even a hospital seem enjoyable. The countless staff are so incredible nice and friendly, making it very easy to communicate and work with other people.
Kindergarten Teacher
A wonderful role, with an experienced, supportive assistant.
Centre cater to needs of their clients (employees of hospital).

Lead educators receive 4 hours planning time, co-educators 1 hour.

Centre open 6:45 - 6:30

10 rooms in total
Creative and fun place to work
I worked at RCH through a casual position so much of what I experienced may be different. With that said, the way I was treated even as a casual employee was with complete respect and confidence I have to imagine a full time position would be similar. The atmosphere of the hospital allows both an ability to feel part of something important while also being relaxed and fun. You're in an environment tailored for people with fast food and restaurant options, a grocery store, and much in between.
Pros
Tax benefits
Fun and flexible workplace
Great place to work. Staff are great. Good job for mothers with school aged kids as you can work the school hours. It's a part time job, so it has a good work/home life balance. Can work at different hospitals that are closest to home. Staff help out when required.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Pay could be better
productive working environment where I got the practical knowledge of accounting.
The place where I got practical experience of accounting. Great friendly and learning environment, I had an experience once where I had difficulty in reconciling and I was running late as I was to submit the work before the end of the shift, I ask my co-worker that I was not able to find the error and I am running late, that was a busy time, still my co-worker help me out in detail. I really appreciate his input.
Royal Children's Hosptial Charity
Working as a volunteer for the Royal Children's Hospital collection is a valuable experience. It is a rewarding job which demonstrates my passion to help young children who are suffering from illnesses which are affecting their lives. I learnt good communication skills which is an essential skill to acquire in many jobs.
Pros
Helping sick children/Small shifts
Cons
A pleasure to be involved in such a great program
It has been a pleasure to be involved in such a wonderful program. My hours suited me and I have learned so much about this program and the basic running of a maternity ward. I mostly worked alone but the nursing staff were always friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was it is not enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the parents and of course having regular contact with newborn babies.
Pros
part time hours
Cons
not enough hours
Very good
Very positive and co operative. Good management staff
Good working conditions

Very professiona

Busy at work

Good co workers
Pros
Very encouraging
Cons
Far from home
Supportive team members, great company to work for with opportunities for development and growth.
During my one month contract at RCH, i was a part of EPIC EMR (Electronic Medical Record) project. The first project in Australia which was quite successful because of the smooth implementation and great team working hard for several months in delivering project. I developed skills and experience in resolving level 1 technical issues for end users across the hospital. I enjoyed talking to users, resolving issues, escalating the unresolved issues to the appropriate team for resolution.
The team leaders and management team was very supportive. It is a great company to work for. I would highly recommend this company to work at. It has potential for growth and development within the company.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner for employees doing rotating shifts
Cons
No Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4