Royal Flying Doctor Service
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Royal Flying Doctor Service Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews
I was given a house to live in and a four wheeled drive to go to and from work and to use over the weekend.
Work was spread over three locations, Maari Ma, Sulphide St (Morgan St), RFDS base in Broken Hill
Pros
Variety of work in the community and venues visited by flying Doctor plane.
Cons
Limited treatment options for dental patients
Just awful schoolyard catty environment, don't work there, management do not listen when you tell them things, people do not all follow the same processes except they are supposed to and when you do not choose their way they get snotty with you.
Work closely with the General Manager Assets & Service Platforms to facilitate the strategic delivery of asset management and other major infrastructure, including aircraft, real estate, ICT and vehicle fleet platforms. Develop, manage and maintain asset maintenance plans and registers to the value of 30+ million dollars. Manage risks, audits, and WH&S. Conduct stakeholder analysis, management to ensure efficiency with ongoing changes in all aspects of the mentioned role. Liaise with relevant local authorities for disaster response for Far North Queensland region, including outlying facilities and corporate assets. Trim down budget expenditure for fleet management by 25% by procuring vehicles appropriate to the task.
Pros
Australian Icon
Cons
On call 24/7
I was only here for one day as part of my schools placement, although the staff were very helpful with a great knowledge of the industry
the culture seemed very good with a real focus on the community and giving back

the hardest [part of the day was knowing that you cant help or change everyone life but we must do our best
A typical day at work just includes opening the shops and stating the machines in the museum and counting the money. You go at your own pace throughout the day and stock, and give assistance to customers. Count money at the end of the day and clean up
Pros
Flexible Hours
I worked a lot independently, wasn't shown a great deal and found my way. This was a great experience, great people and great environment. Unfortunately this was only a short contract role.
Pros
People, culture, experience
Cons
short term contract
Volunteering for the Royal Flying Doctors Service is a wonderful feeling. The do so much for WA and they really appreciate the time and effort you put into helping them out.
To long ago to have any impact. Limited knowledge of changes that have impacted company in the last 15 years. Good community spirit and nice staff .
Laidback culture with people focused on raising money for widely-respected Australian non-profit organization. Some employees have been with organization for years
Pros
Relaxed culture, kind people
Cons
Small office
An iconic brand delivering much needed services throughout rural and remote Australia. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you helped make a difference to someone in need.
Not a very supportive team. A few think they are better than others. Pretty mundane job involving transferring patients from one place to another. Paramedics should really do this job and medstar do the real retrieving of patients like they do now.
working in the outback has its challenges but that is what you are there for to problem solve and get on with the job.
my co-workers where fanastic and we all worked as a team. running a gp clinic was very busy put we all did our very best to make sure that all clinics were happy and seen in a timely manner
Pros
having accommodation and a great team spirit
Cons
long way from the hairdresser etc
Opening Mail
Sorting Donations - Cash,Cheque,Credit cards for entering into Donman Programme

Orders - Phone, Mail

Packing Orders - for delivery

Shop Assistance in RFDS's Souvenir Shop

Serving customers,filling shop products

Assistance to other work college when required

Stock Take

Excellent Encouraging work college's
Pros
Working for a inspiring company
Cons
Nil
12 hour shift start at 0700 work all over Gippsland between Hospitals and into Melbourne.
Operate an ambulance for Non Emergency Patient Care.

Co-workers great to work with, work with RN1, PTO and ATA. Hardest part of job would be the hours,

Enjoyable part is making a patients day
I love the work but don't like being on short contracts
The staff are fabulous and we do lots of social activities