Royal Freemasons Ltd
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Royal Freemasons Ltd Employee Reviews

Australia25 reviews
The role grew from 7 homes to 12. by the time I left the work load was too much for one manager. I did ask the managing director to consider adding another member to the team but was told by the CEO that the support Services office in St Kilda was not going to enlarge with growth.
Pros
Working with the Facility Manager and their teams
Cons
Role became too big to manage successfully
learned a lot on and their work culture
no training provided

need to find solution for yourselves

no direction

manager not giving guidance

not good management
Cons
I enjoy working at Royal freemansons.
Staff are good and caring.

The RN’s and PCA’s all work as team.

The residents are happy with the staffing and caring they

Get.
Grateful that I chanced to work with passionate people where diversity is welcome and employees are important and treated like a family. The executives are low profile and deal with everyone with equality and respect.
It's a great place to work if you love getting to know people and building a bond with the. Though with building works currently going on its becoming stressful all round.
I enjoyed my placement. I got to know how to deal with residents and learn how to link with their emotions. I got to know each detail required in order to complete the task.
Pros
free coffee
This place is good to have more experience in aged care for example dealing with staffs that's look friendly in the front but behind it they don't like you. The residents is friendly but sometimes they can be difficult to deal with it.
The work culture is very toxic especially for management girls and guys are good to work with but management is bad no job security and always work short won't call people in when short not a good place at all . I love working with residents and some workers. But the CEO has no idea or any compassion at all
Pros
Salary sacarfice
Cons
Always under pressure
Cooperative staff and management
Good place to learn more clinical skills

Salary packaging , awarded work rate

Very helpful manger and receptionist staff,
a typical day at work was great very fun, management were lovely and very supportive, the most enjoyable part were the other nurses and care manager, they were all lovely people to work with and learn from
Fluctuating hours and casual employment
Unproductive gaps in roster

Lots of travel using own car (some allowance paid for kms)

Most clients are lovely and appreciative but some can be arrogant and treat you like a servant.
Pros
working independently
Cons
Long days sometimes, but gaps in roster. Lots of driving and cleaning can be tiring
Good Place to work and good team spirit. The Customers (Residents) are very grateful and appreciates the effort. Hours are good and satisfactory salary scale.
A feeling of satisfaction having been a help for elderly residents at the facility, as they need assistance for their activities of daily living.

The staff are very friendly and willing to help.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see the satisfaction on the face of the residents you have looked after and when they bless you for the way you have took care of them.

What is important is to work safe and work well in a team.
I loved volunteering here. My supervisor treated me well, never asked too much, but wasn't afraid to push the limits of what I was comfortable with. Volunteering here has changed my entire attitude towards working; I looked forward to coming in.
At the RFBI we know that we all do our best work where trust is earned, diversity is respected and individuals can effectively contribute their talents, skills and experience.
This means creating a culture built on a shared purpose, valuable work, mutual respect, and appreciation for similarities and differences that make people unique.

offer a staff retention rate higher than the industry averages, competitive wages, great benefits and a caring and supportive work environment.

RFBI, offer: attractive salary packages, variety of shifts, positive work environments, caring atmosphere, training, high staff retention rates, employee assistance program.

Working within the aged care sector at RFBI offers an interesting and rewarding career with diversity, and ongoing development such as training and education programs to help you gain the skills you need to move forward. Some positions require you to have tertiary qualifications, or the willingness to complete training.
Pros
beautiful area
Cons
short hours
Freemans was a great place to work at.
Staff was wonderfull and helpful and friendly too.

The residents were so lovely and I looked forward to seeing them everyday.
: a typical day at work
making sure that all my residents are well, all medications are correct, follow up with doctors, Team leader, any incidents that need fixing or attended to. Assisting PCW where needed, Management were very understandable and respected our work and acknowledged us for our work done,

the hardest part of my job would be end of life but also knowing that I have given them the best care possible and making them as comfortable and pain free as possible also ends up being one of the most rewarding parts of my job as I have a very strong passion for palliative care,

most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how much of a smile I can put on there faces, or how much they appreciate you just to take that extra couple of minutes to listen to what they have to say is enough to make someone's day. I look forward to listening to the stories I get told since ive been working in aged care ive learnt so much about different cultures, lifestyles what they did for a living.
Pros
continuous education
Cons
long hours, poor staffing
In the years i have spent working at Royal Freemasons i have learnt to appreciate the staff and residents and offer a better quality of life to not only all in the work place but also in life outside the work place i have enjoyed working with the elderly in their everyday needs and learnt to appreciate life alot more,the staff and manager was great to work with and very understanding with each individual needs of staff and residents,the hardest part of my job was when you dont realise the impact that someone you have cared for so long suddenly passes away,the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to spend quality time with each resident listening to them talk about their family,and grand children the expression on their faces and the memories they share with you is breath taking.
Pros
commitment and appreciation
I was fortunate to be the Lifestyle Coordinator until Freemasons tenure at Footscray Aged Care. This was my doing, as I chose to do volunteer work in South Africa after my sister's death from MND. I hoped I could return, however staff reshuffle with new owners made this impossible. However, the manager and staff kindly made it possible for me to work as Activities Assistant. I appreciate this immensely however would like to be able to instigate my ideas and atmosphere to a workplace by being the coordinator in another facility.
I really love working with the Royal free Masons, I love my team and my clients so much. i have learned heaps of skills from my team mates and from my Allied Health Professionals.
I get a good chance when working experience in Royal Freemasons’ Benevolent Institution
During this time I learned how the system process. Moreover, I get more experience about data entry as well as Bank reconciliation, accruals and prepayments, motor vehicle fringe benefits and month end accounting process.

I believe my strong initiative, good work ethic and flexible nature will allow me to work and adapt well within the community.
Cons
8 hours