Royal Freemasons Ltd Employee Reviews

Lovely managers, team mates and clients
In home aged care officer (Current Employee) –  Tamworth NSW14 November 2018
Fluctuating hours and casual employment
Unproductive gaps in roster
Lots of travel using own car (some allowance paid for kms)
Most clients are lovely and appreciative but some can be arrogant and treat you like a servant.
Pros
working independently
Cons
Long days sometimes, but gaps in roster. Lots of driving and cleaning can be tiring
Good Place to work
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Mulgrave VIC14 November 2018
Good Place to work and good team spirit. The Customers (Residents) are very grateful and appreciates the effort. Hours are good and satisfactory salary scale.
Productive and fun
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mulgrave VIC21 May 2018
A feeling of satisfaction having been a help for elderly residents at the facility, as they need assistance for their activities of daily living.

The staff are very friendly and willing to help.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see the satisfaction on the face of the residents you have looked after and when they bless you for the way you have took care of them.

What is important is to work safe and work well in a team.
As a volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Wantirna VIC16 May 2018
I loved volunteering here. My supervisor treated me well, never asked too much, but wasn't afraid to push the limits of what I was comfortable with. Volunteering here has changed my entire attitude towards working; I looked forward to coming in.
fun workplace
Catering Officer permanent part time (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour NSW11 April 2018
At the RFBI we know that we all do our best work where trust is earned, diversity is respected and individuals can effectively contribute their talents, skills and experience.
This means creating a culture built on a shared purpose, valuable work, mutual respect, and appreciation for similarities and differences that make people unique.

offer a staff retention rate higher than the industry averages, competitive wages, great benefits and a caring and supportive work environment.

RFBI, offer: attractive salary packages, variety of shifts, positive work environments, caring atmosphere, training, high staff retention rates, employee assistance program.
Working within the aged care sector at RFBI offers an interesting and rewarding career with diversity, and ongoing development such as training and education programs to help you gain the skills you need to move forward. Some positions require you to have tertiary qualifications, or the willingness to complete training.
Pros
beautiful area
Cons
short hours
A great Company to work for.
Career/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 April 2018
Freemans was a great place to work at.
Staff was wonderfull and helpful and friendly too.
The residents were so lovely and I looked forward to seeing them everyday.
team work and culural diversity
Enrolled Endorsed Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sale VIC21 November 2017
: a typical day at work
making sure that all my residents are well, all medications are correct, follow up with doctors, Team leader, any incidents that need fixing or attended to. Assisting PCW where needed, Management were very understandable and respected our work and acknowledged us for our work done,
the hardest part of my job would be end of life but also knowing that I have given them the best care possible and making them as comfortable and pain free as possible also ends up being one of the most rewarding parts of my job as I have a very strong passion for palliative care,

most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how much of a smile I can put on there faces, or how much they appreciate you just to take that extra couple of minutes to listen to what they have to say is enough to make someone's day. I look forward to listening to the stories I get told since ive been working in aged care ive learnt so much about different cultures, lifestyles what they did for a living.
Pros
continuous education
Cons
long hours, poor staffing
productive and friendly
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Safety Beach VIC30 September 2017
In the years i have spent working at Royal Freemasons i have learnt to appreciate the staff and residents and offer a better quality of life to not only all in the work place but also in life outside the work place i have enjoyed working with the elderly in their everyday needs and learnt to appreciate life alot more,the staff and manager was great to work with and very understanding with each individual needs of staff and residents,the hardest part of my job was when you dont realise the impact that someone you have cared for so long suddenly passes away,the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to spend quality time with each resident listening to them talk about their family,and grand children the expression on their faces and the memories they share with you is breath taking.
Pros
commitment and appreciation
approachable Manager and caring workplace
ACTIVITIES OFFICER (CASUAL) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC16 May 2017
I was fortunate to be the Lifestyle Coordinator until Freemasons tenure at Footscray Aged Care. This was my doing, as I chose to do volunteer work in South Africa after my sister's death from MND. I hoped I could return, however staff reshuffle with new owners made this impossible. However, the manager and staff kindly made it possible for me to work as Activities Assistant. I appreciate this immensely however would like to be able to instigate my ideas and atmosphere to a workplace by being the coordinator in another facility.
Allied Health Assistant
Allied Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 February 2017
I really love working with the Royal free Masons, I love my team and my clients so much. i have learned heaps of skills from my team mates and from my Allied Health Professionals.
Experience
Financial Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 November 2016
I get a good chance when working experience in Royal Freemasons’ Benevolent Institution
During this time I learned how the system process. Moreover, I get more experience about data entry as well as Bank reconciliation, accruals and prepayments, motor vehicle fringe benefits and month end accounting process.

I believe my strong initiative, good work ethic and flexible nature will allow me to work and adapt well within the community.
Cons
8 hours
History of Working
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 November 2016
I have been here for one year for studying and getting experience in this country.

I learned accounting receivable , accounting payable and financial accounting during nine months working unpaid in Royal Freemasons’ Benevolent Institution. It is a good chance for me to understand the system and how it work.

I feel comfortable and happy when I work in this company.

I believe my strong initiative, good work ethic, and flexible nature will allow me to work and adapt well within the community.
Cons
8hr
good work environment
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  St Kilda Road VIC9 August 2016
highly pressurising job which i like since I'm very good under pressure. sophisticated equipments used for cleaning and I'm synced and loving it.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
very good company to work with.
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 August 2016
very good company to work with.
staff get salary package benefit also.
friendly environment and staff

working with people is fun and sometimes challenging.
learn different ways of living.
Pros
friendly environment and team
Cons
cannot work more than 76 hours forthnight
Enjoyable
cleaner (Current Employee) –  moonbi nsw30 May 2013
I enjoy working with the elderly it gives me great pleasure being able to help them I get on great with all my co workers and work well as a team member
Pros
working with the elderly
Cons
hard work