Royal HaskoningDHV Employee Reviews

Engineering & management (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 August 2019
Although a very short temporary contact it was a great experience, met lovely people and made a lifelong friend which is the best thing that came out of my experience there.
Great if you are Dutch
Transport Planner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham24 July 2019
Not enough work.
High staff turnover.
Great career progression but only if you come from Netherlands (this is obviously never discussed out loud but fairly obvious once you're there).
No proper team structure which means that every tiny issue needs to go through senior management in London.
Poor mentoring and support.
Pros
Short hours - at 5pm i was often the last person in the office
Cons
Non existent support from management
Hardworking workplace
Project Manager MEP (Former Employee) –  Dubai5 July 2019
the company had some good clients, however work was very demanding as the team was below critical size. the demand on the team was very high, and the work life balance suffered
Pros
good salary
Cons
long hours, and weekends
Wonderful place to work
PA to Advice Group Director (Former Employee) –  Peteborough and Haywards Heath7 April 2019
I adored working for Royal HaskoningDHV. From my interview date until the day I left, it was nothing but a pleasure to work at this company. Although I started off as a secretary, I learnt so much and worked alongside some fantastic people. I will be forever grateful to the company for providing me with the opportunities it did.

Whilst I was at RHDHV I was given the opportunity to move from Peterborough to Haywards Heath, where I was working as a Personal Assistant. During this time, I was given a lot of autonomy over my own work and was allowed to get involved in areas of the business that I would otherwise not have been able to get involved in, had I not been studying at the time. This allowed me to cement my learning and also bring a better quality, and understanding to my work.

Highlight recommended company to work for.
Pros
Great working environment and work culture
Cons
None that I can think of
management
Engineer representative assistance (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal5 November 2018
project management duties is to control, planning, leading the project so it can be successful.

account on the financial portfolio committee and capex
It is very interesting as we sometimes have a team building
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gauteng2 November 2018
In my current role as an office Administrator at Royal HaskoningDHV , I have gained a great deal of experience within the Office support in general.
In my current position I have responsibility for ensuring the maintenance of effective professional relationships within colleagues, dealing with telephone and email enquiries and assisting with conferences, meetings and events.
As my CV demonstrates, I have worked with ambition and dedication to gain the relevant experience to ensure that I can perform to the best of my abilities within each role I have undertaken. Consistently pursuing a developing career in Royal HaskoningDHV administration from Receptionist to Office Administrator. I have proven the proven ability to develop new skills quickly and efficiently when required and the drive and determination to push myself to perform to the best of my abilities.
In addition my previous experience within customer service roles has filled me with effective verbal and written communication skills, alongside experience of staff supervision, to ensure that I am equally comfortable in a leadership role, or offering support within a larger team.
I believe that it is my fundamental ambition, dedication and meticulous attention to detail that will ensure that I continue progressing professionally and pushing me to perform to the same high standard in the more challenging role.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Long hours at request
Great time
Placement (Former Employee) –  Liverpool11 October 2018
Very good work experience. I was thrilled with the opportunity I was given. Got involved with what the employees were doing and made me feel comfortable in a new environment.
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 August 2018
Royal Haskoning DHV staff are very friendly ad helpful and it is nice place to work. The management are helpful and give assistance to the jobs and tasks explaining what is required.
top bedrijf met veel mogelijkheden
Directiesecretaresse (Former Employee) –  Amersfoort1 June 2018
leukste collega's en altijd een gezellige sfeer. zeer collegeaal
Great company for engineers
M.Sc. Trainee Researcher (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador10 November 2017
Royal HaskoningDHV is the place where every engineer should work. The atmosphere is great, with a company culture driven by eficiency. It is necessary to work hard, and they give you the tools and the people to do that together if necessary for some task.
Pros
Company infrastructure
Cons
Distance from city centrum
Rhdhv
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  London22 October 2017
A fairly typical engineering consultancy, with lots of men and very few professional women.

A wide range of project work including some travelling.

Able to work independently eg I can work from home.
Good work place with descent people.
Lead Electrical Engineer/ Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubai7 September 2017
Nice work place with friendly environment. fair experienced management team. the staff are mixed from different countries, people speak several languages in the office, which is common in GCC.
Prettig bedrijf met goede werksfeer en mooi werk.
Ontwerper (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam31 July 2017
Prettig bedrijf met goede werksfeer op de afdeling en mooi werk.
Pros
Rumte voor persoonlijke ontwikkeling
Cons
(Toen) Weinig interieurwerk maar meer architectuur.
Good Dutch Work Culture
Undergraduate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK22 May 2017
Good attitude to work life balance but suffers from problems associated with large companies such as: struggles with real innovation, very easy to become pigeonholed and poor attitude from finance staff.
Pros
Flexible working conditions
Cons
The usual issues that big legacy companies experience
Aangenaam bedrijf
Secretaresse (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Groningen12 May 2017
Erg aangenaam bedrijf om te hebben gewerkt, ook al was ik ingehuurd voor in interim opdracht ik werd er al volwaardige collega behandeld. Fijne sociale, gezellige en open cultuur. Zeer leerzaam bedrijf.
Pros
Alles
Cons
niets
Room for improvement
Junior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng12 April 2017
Ensuring that allocated resources are delivering tasks as scheduled. I've learned delegating duties based on skillsets of our resources. We more of a flatter structure and communication between the Programme Manager and Project Manager is transparent.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with resources which fail to meet the target dates.

Having to deal with people with different skills and learning where other individuals excel and perform the best.
Pros
Social Meetings
Cons
Beuracratic structure
Royal HaskoningDHV
Afdelingssecretaresse (Former Employee) –  Amersfoort12 February 2017
Een leuk en dynamisch bedrijf die zich op internationaal gebied steeds meer ontwikkeld.
Productive, a place to learn a lot about the engineering Industry and fun place to work
Civil Engineering Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 July 2016
AT first I found it hard to adjust to office work everyday but eventually I got used to it because my colleagues were very helpful. It got very hard when I had to submit tasks I have been given by 3 engineers all at once but I always got to manage to submit in time.I enjoyed working on site because I got to learn alot about road Pavement and how a road all comes together
Pros
Free coffie
Cons
Long hours on site
uitdagende werksfeer met goede collegae
AutoCad - tekenaar (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam7 July 2016
Het werk doe je met het samengestelde team.
Alle collegae, ook leidinggevenden worden aangesproken met de voornaam. Er wordt aan uitdagende unieke projecten gewerkt
Pros
korte lijnen, iedereen is aanspreekbaar over het werk
Cons
mogelijk lange reistijden
It is a fun place everyone is so friendly the know how to welcome people and the same time they push production because production is very important.
Civil Technician (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal6 July 2016
It is a good or nice place to work on and also got a lot of experience anyone can be so happy to get it.RHDHV is a big company ,they are so friendly it feels like your second home .
Pros
Bring your own lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal HaskoningDHV. Our community is ready to answer.