Royal Melbourne Hospital
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Royal Melbourne Hospital Employee Reviews

Australia41 reviews
Working at RMH was excellent apart from some staff work culture to be undesirable, but that would be its only flaw. Management where highly understanding of family and working around that, but when wanting to have some weekends off that was extremely hard.
Great place to work if you like high stress environment.
supportive team, great education system , good pay and benefits, great variety of shifts. Good work life balance
competitive,
experience

work life balance - leave

in house training - further development

challenging - attending codes

customer service - dealing with the public
No action taken on bullying claim. Minimal communication flows down, minimal consultation about change issues.
Loved my colleagues and the job, but no trust or respect for management became untenable.
I was a ward assistant in the general medicine and respiratory ward, it was a fast paced environment. Staff was friendly and helpful where need be, enjoyed my time there.
management was less than helpful with issues on the floor, when I worked there, that was needed to be sorted, making an unpleasant atmosphere to work,
Did no clinical work due to lack of medical training but learnt a lot about the pace of work in a hospital and the process of evaluation in emergency environments
people are been allocated on really tough areas forever. supervisors just want to get their work done. there is no proper rotation of job allocation. it may be in paper but on real work they change according to supervisors will
Melbourne Health is a very supportive workplace, making its staff feel appreciated always. Great work environment and culture. And many opportunities to learn and develop skills.
Really very busy and extremely hard on your body. it is a very busy Hospital, I used to love going to work and still really love my job. Its just not a nice place to work at, at this time
Challenging Management, fast paced work environment, regularly learning and adapting new skills. Great department, team work and equal opportunity and mutual respect of everyone.
Easily the best managers I've ever had, who wholeheartedly cared about my overall wellbeing, and work/life balance. They were friendly, open and happy to accommodate my scheduling needs to the best and their abilities. Additionally, I found my co-workers to be extremely knowledgable, helpful, friendly and welcoming. The facilities are clean and up to date, with many modern advancements and funding. Overall 10/10, work here if you can.
Pros
Managers, co-workers, facilities, services.
Cons
Shift work, which is normal for healthcare.
My bosses are the best. My bosses always support me and they always have comment to improve my knowledge. My work days are great I only 4 days a week as full time. Working 10 hours shift
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Most of my colleagues are team players and it is a very good place to work. Royal Melbourne Hospital is the one I can recommend to those that looking for place to work.
to learn how to be a good security guard it was the place to learn all aspects of being not a better guard a great guard it was always very different going to work each day.
Too much politics. Ego and gossips. Not a good job as a Support service. Management are very bad. Wont get much shift. Too many resignations all the time.
Pros
Near to public transport
Cons
Stressful work place
meeting different kind of people from different cultures and background.
having extra lessons of the industry

learning new things every day

able to talk to everyone friendly staff
Pros
free lunches
Cons
double shifts and good pay
Royal Melbourne Hospital has a terrible culture of bullying and discrimination when it comes to employees. They were ordered to do something about it and nothing was done. Reported it several times to my boss and only made things worse and then he chipped in. Gotacha moments, gaslighting, abusive language and personal assaults - you name it. The other docs on my level cop it too as well as the nurses. Just a disgusting place to work.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Bosses that perpetuate the discriminatory and horrible culture
This hospital has a disgusting culture of severe bullying across all wards. There is no room to advance within your career. Many people I know who work there, do not stay on very long, and seek better alternatives elsewhere.

But hey, great salary packaging options!
Great organisation where the management and staff are both exemplary and work in the best interests of the organisation as a whole. Highly recommended place of work.
Being an Allocations consultant is always challenging but is great. It's a job with good work life balance. All shifts were 7 days a week from 5am to 10pm and everyone worked on a rotating roster.
Pros
Great staff