Royal Melbourne Hospital

Royal Melbourne Hospital Employee Reviews

Australia51 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Great place to be

I've been working for RMH since June 2021, and I love it since then, and never wanna leave. It's stressful for relax depending on which ward you go really. Some can be very fast paced, while others can be very nice and smooth. Best advice would be try all the wards, and choose one you like to stay.

Fast paced and exciting team environment but poor management

High clinical acuity with great salary packaging benefits but poor work life balance and management don't care. They work you into the ground until you break.No parking available on site and cost a small fortune. Management encourages staff to use PT to get to work but will penalise you if the system fails and your late beyond your control.Constant changing policies to protect its behind. Roster put out late. Constant need for overtime and management argues that it owes you those hours.

Great Place to learn and move ahead

I have nothing but praise and thankfull ness for a wonderful training ground and experience to staffing patients Every day is different and no days the same South variety to come away a better person

Dynamic and challenging workplace, yet rewarding and friendly

I found RMH an enjoyable place to work. It was dynamic and two days were never the same. Management seemed to generally care about staff. The only issue was a lack of progression within the pharmacy department and lots of fixed-term contracts, so limited job security.

Pros

Not much overtime Friendly staff Lots of support

Cons

Fixed term contracts Lack of progression

Great culture to work in.

Can be stressful at times but if there is great team work, then that is accomplished. Loved working in a big department with lots of support from colleagues.

Pros

Flexible job

Cons

Hard when you are on your own.

Without question the best hospital I’ve ever worked in !!

Royal Melbourne is a great hospital to work in. The education that is available for employees is second to none. Professionally they set the bar extremely high and this is directly reflected by the exemplary nurses who work there. Whilst challenging , career wise it was up in my top three achievements..!!

Pros

Exemplary staff & education

Cons

Terrible parking!!!

Very good working environment

For the short time I was working at RMH in ICU and BMT and Heamatology Dept, I have enjoyed my time there. Despite the challenges due to Covid, my co-workers are very helpful, supportive and kind. Management is very accomodating and helpful too. The staff are just lovely and good to work with. I wouldn't have left if we didn't have to move interstate. So lucky to have the opportunity to work there. Just amazing people and vibrant fast paced work environment.

Payroll

Its seriously bad culture working here. Too much politics. I went for an interview for a payroll position, i felt like the interviewer attacked me the whole time. They always have inside people already, but still advertise the job. It wastes time for those who need job. A big question why They often advertise the payroll job.

I found the interview process relatively easy and found management where professional.

Working at RMH was excellent apart from some staff work culture to be undesirable, but that would be its only flaw. Management where highly understanding of family and working around that, but when wanting to have some weekends off that was extremely hard.

Great environment for those who enjoy shift work

Great place to work if you like high stress environment. supportive team, great education system , good pay and benefits, great variety of shifts. Good work life balance

productive

competitive, experience work life balance - leave in house training - further development challenging - attending codes customer service - dealing with the public

Poor culture by management

No action taken on bullying claim. Minimal communication flows down, minimal consultation about change issues. Loved my colleagues and the job, but no trust or respect for management became untenable.

Enjoyable Workplace

I was a ward assistant in the general medicine and respiratory ward, it was a fast paced environment. Staff was friendly and helpful where need be, enjoyed my time there.

friendly co-workers

management was less than helpful with issues on the floor, when I worked there, that was needed to be sorted, making an unpleasant atmosphere to work,

Good place for work experince

Did no clinical work due to lack of medical training but learnt a lot about the pace of work in a hospital and the process of evaluation in emergency environments

Unhappy to stay in this organization.

The management is not fair and injustice to their nursing staff. The workplace culture is good within the nursing relationship. What I have learned that management was one sided decision.

Pros

Free to select clients of the organization.

Cons

Long hours of shift at times.

proper rotation of job allocation

people are been allocated on really tough areas forever. supervisors just want to get their work done. there is no proper rotation of job allocation. it may be in paper but on real work they change according to supervisors will

Great workplace

Melbourne Health is a very supportive workplace, making its staff feel appreciated always. Great work environment and culture. And many opportunities to learn and develop skills.

no benefits

Really very busy and extremely hard on your body. it is a very busy Hospital, I used to love going to work and still really love my job. Its just not a nice place to work at, at this time

Productive,fast paced workplace

Challenging Management, fast paced work environment, regularly learning and adapting new skills. Great department, team work and equal opportunity and mutual respect of everyone.

Not Applicable

Not Applicable....nothing much to say for now. Good. May have more to share once I have been there a little longer. Will be updated accordingly and in due course.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Melbourne Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Royal Melbourne Hospital with