Royal Melbourne Hospital logo
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Royal Melbourne Hospital Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

Very good working environment

For the short time I was working at RMH in ICU and BMT and Heamatology Dept, I have enjoyed my time there. Despite the challenges due to Covid, my co-workers are very helpful, supportive and kind. Management is very accomodating and helpful too. The staff are just lovely and good to work with. I wouldn't have left if we didn't have to move interstate. So lucky to have the opportunity to work there. Just amazing people and vibrant fast paced work environment.

Payroll

Its seriously bad culture working here. Too much politics. I went for an interview for a payroll position, i felt like the interviewer attacked me the whole time. They always have inside people already, but still advertise the job. It wastes time for those who need job. A big question why They often advertise the payroll job.

I found the interview process relatively easy and found management where professional.

Working at RMH was excellent apart from some staff work culture to be undesirable, but that would be its only flaw. Management where highly understanding of family and working around that, but when wanting to have some weekends off that was extremely hard.

Great environment for those who enjoy shift work

Great place to work if you like high stress environment. supportive team, great education system , good pay and benefits, great variety of shifts. Good work life balance

productive

competitive, experience work life balance - leave in house training - further development challenging - attending codes customer service - dealing with the public

Poor culture by management

No action taken on bullying claim. Minimal communication flows down, minimal consultation about change issues. Loved my colleagues and the job, but no trust or respect for management became untenable.

Enjoyable Workplace

I was a ward assistant in the general medicine and respiratory ward, it was a fast paced environment. Staff was friendly and helpful where need be, enjoyed my time there.

friendly co-workers

management was less than helpful with issues on the floor, when I worked there, that was needed to be sorted, making an unpleasant atmosphere to work,

Good place for work experince

Did no clinical work due to lack of medical training but learnt a lot about the pace of work in a hospital and the process of evaluation in emergency environments

proper rotation of job allocation

people are been allocated on really tough areas forever. supervisors just want to get their work done. there is no proper rotation of job allocation. it may be in paper but on real work they change according to supervisors will

Jobs at Royal Melbourne Hospital

See more jobs

Great workplace

Melbourne Health is a very supportive workplace, making its staff feel appreciated always. Great work environment and culture. And many opportunities to learn and develop skills.

no benefits

Really very busy and extremely hard on your body. it is a very busy Hospital, I used to love going to work and still really love my job. Its just not a nice place to work at, at this time

Productive,fast paced workplace

Challenging Management, fast paced work environment, regularly learning and adapting new skills. Great department, team work and equal opportunity and mutual respect of everyone.

Amazing Managers and extremely friendly and helpful Co-workers

Easily the best managers I've ever had, who wholeheartedly cared about my overall wellbeing, and work/life balance. They were friendly, open and happy to accommodate my scheduling needs to the best and their abilities. Additionally, I found my co-workers to be extremely knowledgable, helpful, friendly and welcoming. The facilities are clean and up to date, with many modern advancements and funding. Overall 10/10, work here if you can.

Pros

Managers, co-workers, facilities, services.

Cons

Shift work, which is normal for healthcare.

ICU Department best place to work.

My bosses are the best. My bosses always support me and they always have comment to improve my knowledge. My work days are great I only 4 days a week as full time. Working 10 hours shift

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Best managers I have.

Most of my colleagues are team players and it is a very good place to work. Royal Melbourne Hospital is the one I can recommend to those that looking for place to work.

great work place

to learn how to be a good security guard it was the place to learn all aspects of being not a better guard a great guard it was always very different going to work each day.

Politics

Too much politics. Ego and gossips. Not a good job as a Support service. Management are very bad. Wont get much shift. Too many resignations all the time.

Pros

Near to public transport

Cons

Stressful work place

exiting place to work

meeting different kind of people from different cultures and background.having extra lessons of the industry learning new things every dayable to talk to everyone friendly staff

Pros

free lunches

Cons

double shifts and good pay

Bullying culture

Royal Melbourne Hospital has a terrible culture of bullying and discrimination when it comes to employees. They were ordered to do something about it and nothing was done. Reported it several times to my boss and only made things worse and then he chipped in. Gotacha moments, gaslighting, abusive language and personal assaults - you name it. The other docs on my level cop it too as well as the nurses. Just a disgusting place to work.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Bosses that perpetuate the discriminatory and horrible culture

Steer Clear

This hospital has a disgusting culture of severe bullying across all wards. There is no room to advance within your career. Many people I know who work there, do not stay on very long, and seek better alternatives elsewhere. But hey, great salary packaging options!
  • Royal Melbourne Hospital