Royal Melbourne Hospital

Royal Melbourne Hospital Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Melbourne VIC21 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Dynamic and challenging workplace, yet rewarding and friendly

I found RMH an enjoyable place to work. It was dynamic and two days were never the same. Management seemed to generally care about staff. The only issue was a lack of progression within the pharmacy department and lots of fixed-term contracts, so limited job security.

Pros

Not much overtime Friendly staff Lots of support

Cons

Fixed term contracts Lack of progression

Without question the best hospital I’ve ever worked in !!

Royal Melbourne is a great hospital to work in. The education that is available for employees is second to none. Professionally they set the bar extremely high and this is directly reflected by the exemplary nurses who work there. Whilst challenging , career wise it was up in my top three achievements..!!

Pros

Exemplary staff & education

Cons

Terrible parking!!!

productive

competitive, experience work life balance - leave in house training - further development challenging - attending codes customer service - dealing with the public

Unhappy to stay in this organization.

The management is not fair and injustice to their nursing staff. The workplace culture is good within the nursing relationship. What I have learned that management was one sided decision.

Pros

Free to select clients of the organization.

Cons

Long hours of shift at times.

Great workplace

Melbourne Health is a very supportive workplace, making its staff feel appreciated always. Great work environment and culture. And many opportunities to learn and develop skills.

Not Applicable

Not Applicable....nothing much to say for now. Good. May have more to share once I have been there a little longer. Will be updated accordingly and in due course.

Best managers I have.

Most of my colleagues are team players and it is a very good place to work. Royal Melbourne Hospital is the one I can recommend to those that looking for place to work.

great work place

to learn how to be a good security guard it was the place to learn all aspects of being not a better guard a great guard it was always very different going to work each day.

exiting place to work

meeting different kind of people from different cultures and background.having extra lessons of the industry learning new things every dayable to talk to everyone friendly staff

Pros

free lunches

Cons

double shifts and good pay

Bullying culture

Royal Melbourne Hospital has a terrible culture of bullying and discrimination when it comes to employees. They were ordered to do something about it and nothing was done. Reported it several times to my boss and only made things worse and then he chipped in. Gotacha moments, gaslighting, abusive language and personal assaults - you name it. The other docs on my level cop it too as well as the nurses. Just a disgusting place to work.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Bosses that perpetuate the discriminatory and horrible culture

Steer Clear

This hospital has a disgusting culture of severe bullying across all wards. There is no room to advance within your career. Many people I know who work there, do not stay on very long, and seek better alternatives elsewhere. But hey, great salary packaging options!

Being an Allocations consultant is always challenging but is great. It's a job with good work life balance. All shifts were 7 days a week from 5am to 10pm and everyone worked on a rotating roster.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Productive and fun work friendly enviroment

I learn a lot being intern PHA in Royal Melbourne its very friendly environment their very helpful too us so we can make our daily routine enjoyable. The management is very approachable and helpful. Hardest part of a job went someone you knew being gone

Pros

free foods when you work in kitchen

Cons

some short some long hours

Interesting and varied

At that time, starting 1989 the hospital was expanding and encouraging a new approach to achieving best patient outcomes. This made the Royal Melbourne Hospital a busy and dynamic workplace.

Pros

Great morning and afternoon teas, alas were withdrawn by 1997.

Cons

Constant changes, especially protocols difficult to keep up with.

Very pleasant

Great people to work with and to work for, very understanding and supportive. I have been an employee for 4-5 months now and have had nothing but positive experiences at work.

Excellent Workplace

Really enjoyable workplace to work, a place where you can identify improvements within yourself to go further in the organisation.

Assist to serve patient and good team work

I am happy with the team work that we have during my present. There are sadness about patient passed away which I found it very sad and trying to co-operate with that situation but it is really hard

Pros

lunch

Cons

sad seeing patient dieing

Excellent, medical dermatology and research

Positive team, excellent research interests, solid complex medical dermatology clinics

Majority of staff work fantastically as a team.

Typical day at work involves preparing client files, communicating via email to teams if needed, bagging up mediations to appointed runs, and going out on road with a fellow Nurse. I have learned patience is a virtue in Nursing, often client's/patient's take time to explain things to us. Management are very approachable. Co-workers are pretty good, and it's really important to have a team that will back you up in this type of Nursing. The hardest part of the job is that I wish they gave the Endorsed Enrolled Nurses more responsibility. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to client's, getting to know their likes and dislikes, and feeling like I'm making some sort of a difference in their lives.

Challenging Workplace

Phone ringing, payroll/hr staff wanting some assistance, helpdesk wanting manual calculations, finance department waiting on reports. Inbox filled with system/payroll queries, employees wanting over the phone training or one on one consultation. liaising with SAP provider regarding technical issues/enhancements required by HR/Payroll Staff as indicated by Manager. SAP was on the job training, I have worked with some of the best men with experience in SAP. Learnt a whole lot!

Pros

Great people, Challenging job

Cons

No thank you for the long hours of work without pay

Exceptional Standards

The Royal Melbourne Hospital is a people's hospital, where utmost care, professionalism and team work exists. Working alongside some of the world's best professionals, instilling a great work ethic.Everyone is treated equally, this is a unique Australian work experience, where people in this country are treated equally.We have the best colleagues, best cafeteria, exceptional human resources, training and recognition.

Pros

world class health

Cons

not applicable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Melbourne Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Royal Melbourne Hospital with

Royal Melbourne Hospital Reviews by Location

Learn about Royal Melbourne Hospital in Melbourne VIC

• Royal Melbourne Hospital
  • Melbourne VIC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?