Royal Melbourne Hospital
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Royal Melbourne Hospital Employee Reviews in Parkville VIC

3.9Work–Life Balance

Great environment for those who enjoy shift work

Great place to work if you like high stress environment. supportive team, great education system , good pay and benefits, great variety of shifts. Good work life balance

Payroll

Its seriously bad culture working here. Too much politics. I went for an interview for a payroll position, i felt like the interviewer attacked me the whole time. They always have inside people already, but still advertise the job. It wastes time for those who need job. A big question why They often advertise the payroll job.

Poor culture by management

No action taken on bullying claim. Minimal communication flows down, minimal consultation about change issues. Loved my colleagues and the job, but no trust or respect for management became untenable.

Enjoyable Workplace

I was a ward assistant in the general medicine and respiratory ward, it was a fast paced environment. Staff was friendly and helpful where need be, enjoyed my time there.

Good place for work experince

Did no clinical work due to lack of medical training but learnt a lot about the pace of work in a hospital and the process of evaluation in emergency environments

Productive,fast paced workplace

Challenging Management, fast paced work environment, regularly learning and adapting new skills. Great department, team work and equal opportunity and mutual respect of everyone.

Amazing Managers and extremely friendly and helpful Co-workers

Easily the best managers I've ever had, who wholeheartedly cared about my overall wellbeing, and work/life balance. They were friendly, open and happy to accommodate my scheduling needs to the best and their abilities. Additionally, I found my co-workers to be extremely knowledgable, helpful, friendly and welcoming. The facilities are clean and up to date, with many modern advancements and funding. Overall 10/10, work here if you can.

Pros

Managers, co-workers, facilities, services.

Cons

Shift work, which is normal for healthcare.

ICU Department best place to work.

My bosses are the best. My bosses always support me and they always have comment to improve my knowledge. My work days are great I only 4 days a week as full time. Working 10 hours shift

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Politics

Too much politics. Ego and gossips. Not a good job as a Support service. Management are very bad. Wont get much shift. Too many resignations all the time.

Pros

Near to public transport

Cons

Stressful work place

Productive workplace with opportunities for growth

A typical day at work Working as part of a team in an efficient manner What you learned Multitasking and prioritising workload Management Excellent communication with the pharmacy team Workplace culture Friendly Most enjoyable part of the job Opportunities for growth and development

Jobs at Royal Melbourne Hospital

in Parkville VIC
See more jobs

Educational, energetic and encouraging place

Busy with different medical and surgical patients with various care needs I have learned Australian nursing standards, leadership Always supportive, empathetic and has cultural affinity unity in diversity abides in our team Its hard to answer patients and their families when surgeries are postponed for more than 2-3 times/days. The enjoyable part is the challenge in caring for different patients with same surgery, but different outcomes, complications and recovery process.

Pros

ward celebration on occasions like-birthdays, weddings, baby showers and supporting each other in situations of sadness

Cons

irregular bed capacity fluctuation

Great Workplace

Great place to work, friendly staff, kept busy as worked in a very busy switchboard, great manager always helpful. Overall great team to work with always helping each other when needed.

Inclusive even though I was bank not regular staff

Some shifts were more difficult than others as to be expected but always felt part of the team. Management were less approachable.

Pros

Friendly roster on staff

Travel to conferences

RMH was a large organisation with a lot goinig on. I use to assist in running the RMH charity appeal for the little time i was there. Very rewarding

Pros

canteen

Cons

parking

very supportive colleagues

Very supportive and friendly colleagues. Management has recently changed which has resulted in a better work environment. The hardest part of the job is the customer service side whereby many angry and argumentative employees call about their pay being incorrect and the lack of positive reinforcement. The hightlight of my job is working with a fun, friendly, down to earth team of people who I have come to think of as my family.

Great team environment

My day at work would consist of hard work and a little interaction with co workers. The managers were always there to help and support which was great. We would work hard and hit quota for each month. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet deadlines by each month but it was both challenging and rewarding once met. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with were always friendly.

Pros

Free lunches with managers if we hit above quota for each month

Cons

Overtime had to be done to complete work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Melbourne Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Royal Melbourne Hospital Reviews by Location