Royal Melbourne Hospital
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Royal Melbourne Hospital Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

3.9Work–Life Balance

Amazing Managers and extremely friendly and helpful Co-workers

Easily the best managers I've ever had, who wholeheartedly cared about my overall wellbeing, and work/life balance. They were friendly, open and happy to accommodate my scheduling needs to the best and their abilities. Additionally, I found my co-workers to be extremely knowledgable, helpful, friendly and welcoming. The facilities are clean and up to date, with many modern advancements and funding. Overall 10/10, work here if you can.

Pros

Managers, co-workers, facilities, services.

Cons

Shift work, which is normal for healthcare.

Steer Clear

This hospital has a disgusting culture of severe bullying across all wards. There is no room to advance within your career. Many people I know who work there, do not stay on very long, and seek better alternatives elsewhere. But hey, great salary packaging options!

Educational, energetic and encouraging place

Busy with different medical and surgical patients with various care needs I have learned Australian nursing standards, leadership Always supportive, empathetic and has cultural affinity unity in diversity abides in our team Its hard to answer patients and their families when surgeries are postponed for more than 2-3 times/days. The enjoyable part is the challenge in caring for different patients with same surgery, but different outcomes, complications and recovery process.

Pros

ward celebration on occasions like-birthdays, weddings, baby showers and supporting each other in situations of sadness

Cons

irregular bed capacity fluctuation

Interesting and varied

At that time, starting 1989 the hospital was expanding and encouraging a new approach to achieving best patient outcomes. This made the Royal Melbourne Hospital a busy and dynamic workplace.

Pros

Great morning and afternoon teas, alas were withdrawn by 1997.

Cons

Constant changes, especially protocols difficult to keep up with.

great training

good training, good location, good management. Great teaching hospital with good facilities. Public transport nearby and good opportunities for career development.

Jobs at Royal Melbourne Hospital