Royal Rehabilitation Centre Sydney Employee Reviews

Helping and supportin clients to live independently.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 August 2016
The job was hard but fulfilling. Working in a small team with a management support. A really good experience to work with people with disability and helping them with their daily tasks and trying to reach their goals.
successful long term employment
Assistant In Nursing (Former Employee) –  Ryde, NSW9 March 2015
13 years continues employment, with various types of patients and co workers.

I have enjoyed working in this environment, learning and development is encouraged. Able to use various skills daily.
Excellent place to work due to good management and coworkers
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ryde, NSW6 November 2014
I've worked at Royal Rehab for 15 years, so it must be a pretty decent place. My day consists of signing in, reading all communications, planning client activities and shift duties, all aspects of personal care, and I mean ALL. There's cooking, cleaning, taking clients out to appointments and activities, contacting my management, other services, family and friends, observing and documenting everything, using and maintaining equipment such as hoists and wheelchairs, shopping, financial management etc. We are basically doing or assisting clients to do everything that is involved in a person's daily life. Royal Rehab has gone through some big changes recently, with parts of the land being sold off, and most residents of the old "institutional" sections moving into community housing. This has enabled the centre to focus on acute rehabilitation. I think the changes have benefited the centre and its clients. There is kind of a feeling of isolation however for many staff working in the community houses. There are great facilities at the rebuilt centre, and the community section are "poor cousins" when it comes to computer and office equipment, support with filing and admin, and staff morale. The wages are definitely too low for the broad range of skills required. That said, it is still a great place to work. Management is approachable and helpful, hours are flexible, the clients I work with are wonderful, and most staff are conscientious as well as a lot of fun. This is the sort of job where you need a sense of humour...
Pros
Flexible hours, lovely clients, some great coworkers, satisfaction and sense of achievement working to help others
Cons
Mentally exhausting at times, shift work affects time spent with family and socialising, wages too low and not rising with cost of living
good learning experience
Volunteer HR Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW9 November 2013
It was a really enriching working experience. It helped in me in understanding Australian working environment. Management and team workers are really supportive.
Cons
low chances of paid work