RSPCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

RSPCA Management reviews

Australia8 reviews
This was initially my dream job and I had wanted this job since I was 7yrs old but it quickly turned into a nightmare.

Bullying and exclusion was done from day one from all levels - colleagues, team leaders and managers.

When I raised that I was being bullied and had health issues they cut my shifts from 4 a week to 2 a week. They expect you to stay back 10 minutes to 1 hour without extra enumeration.

They will put you on a casual contract and only offer full time to a select few.

There is a lot of office politics. If you're not a managers favourite expect to get very few shifts. If you speak out against bullying expect to be gradually removed.

You will see at least one coworker crying per shift due to the shelter practice and the high euthanization rates (approximately 20-50 animals on average are put down per week, contrary to what they say they appear to euthanize for space).
Despite saying that they only kill and euthanize for behavioral issues this is not truly the case and animals are euthanized regularly for very inconsequential reasons (animals euthanized when they have not been in the shelter's care for longer than a week) and if they aren't the favourites of management staff who make these decisions.

The managers have little to no management skills and do not know how to explain or delegate tasks. Then they will blame you.

They will expect you to do all the menial jobs and cleaning gutters full of poo that havent been cleaned in months for at least your first 3 months.

I wish I did not have to say all these bad things and could say that it
 - more...
Bullying, exclusion and disrespect is the norm. Very poor culture, with very poor management on most levels.

Putting animals down is very very common.