Rustic Pathways Employee Reviews

Rustic is Amazing
International Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Fiji7 November 2018
They are phenomenal. If you are a good employee they greatly value you. They are very understanding. They dont operate like a cold blooded business. They operate as a family.
Pros
everything
Cons
Mostly seasonal work
Lot of fun but
Lead Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Fiji21 October 2018
If you are looking for a job that you can travel around and meet like minded people then this is for you. Be aware, little time to yourself. If you are not looking for a job that pays you in money but in memories and free travel then you have your places set. Moving up in the job is a potential but don't count on it being easy. It is very rewarding but can be very tiring.
Flexible Company
Group Travel Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OH10 September 2018
A typical day would consist of outreach, prospecting, following up with current clients, adjusting itineraries/budgets, making changes in Salesforce, and communicating with colleagues about tasks/clients. I learned a lot about sales and customer service, and the job gave me the opportunity to travel. The culture was good but the opportunity to advance is slim.
Community Service volunteer
Community Service (Former Employee) –  TZ14 April 2018
Two summers ago, i worked with the save the rain foundation based out of tanzania and helped to build water reservoirs with my peers for families in a local village.
An excellent organization
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Laos and Thailand12 March 2018
The Rustic Pathways organization is a well-oiled machine. The staff are extremely prepared for any outcome and are more than qualified to supervise a group of teenagers.
Pros
travel experience
Cons
Locations are far from home
A typical day at work
Summer Program Leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA24 July 2017
When you are on you are on, but it's really a blast
You learn so much about your area
You become really close with other trip leaders during orientation.
Great company culture, changing lives everyday
Travel Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsburg, OH9 March 2017
My skill set has grown with different tasks I have taken on. My managerial skills have improved and has lead my confidence in solo decision making and initiative projects to grow.
good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  udon thani, thailand31 January 2017
nice fun good travel opportunity learned a lot fun leaders safe environment diverse good activities safe competent staff
good
Cons
money
Wonderfully challenging and productive travel company
Semester GAP Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, India, Mongolia,18 January 2017
Overall my experience is very much positive and Rustic Pathways is a place that I would love to continue to call home, but currently there is no room or me asI am transitioning from the field into an office position.
Pros
International Travel, Amazing one of a kind experiences
Cons
No breaks, Work constantly, Very high end clientel require special attention
Volunteering comes with many rewards.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ14 November 2016
Working with Rustic Pathways gave me an appreciation for what I have and things we take for granted. It was a great pleasure serving the homeless meals.
Great community
GUIDE, INTERPRETER (Former Employee) –  Terelj, Mongolia9 September 2016
Every year, I would spend the most memorable week with Rustic pathways as we would take kids from different parts of the world and show them Mongolian countryside.
Pros
Free food, free boarding
Cons
No break during week
Great environment, but constantly over worked
Program leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA30 August 2016
We had kids almost every single day for 2 months. Breaks were few and far between. For how much they were paying for us, it was comparable; however, labor laws might not have been followed correctly.

Needless to say, I had a great time- it was exhausting and wore us all down, but showing the kids the city and partaking in service projects with them throughout the week was super fun. I enjoyed building relationships with our participants and my coworkers. Sharing my knowledge of the city and the culture that it embellishes was a highlight.
Pros
paid travel, room and board
Cons
constantly on call/at work
No life
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA27 January 2016
I worked for 24 hours a day for 9 weeks straight with no breaks. We woke up early every day, worked hard all day, and then stayed up late working every night. There was little support from management. There was also no personal space in the housing situation. We lived in the same room as coworkers, in the same house as all of the students.

The connections we formed with the students were great and we had lots of fun experiences. It is also nice that our flights were paid for, but promised reimbursement for luggage was never received.

We were also promised a day off every two weeks when switching students. However, the student's trips overlapped, so there was never a moment of time off.

I had about an hour every other week to call my family while the students were shopping nearby.

The owner of the company is also known to have abused the local staff in Thailand.
Pros
great travel experience, paid flights, paid room and board
Cons
no free time, low pay, neglect from management
A place to be passionate for what you do!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsburg, OH11 November 2015
Fun work place, amazing co-workers. Struggles with work - life balance. Very easy to be passionate about the work the company does.
Fun work place
participant (Former Employee) –  Dominican Republic14 September 2015
Outstanding. Fun week in the Dominican Republic with friends. Would recommend highly for everyone who wants an educational and fun experience.
Life changing ravel experiences
Personal Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  USA26 February 2015
Great place to work if you are in your 20's and want to see the world. You work in locations that need assistance and you and your group really do make a difference, even if it is small.
Good company for young adventurers
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA28 December 2014
The job can be grueling, but the company is filled with positive energy from all directions. It was a generally rewarding experience, but didn't offer a work/life balance or advancement opportunities.
Great service experience
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Village, VA5 July 2014
Great way to volunteer and experience another country and culture
Exciting work with global travel.
DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL SAFETY & RISK MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OH10 October 2012
I reviewed safety and risk management procedures and created crisis and critical incidents protocols. Worked with creative and talented staff who were stationed around the world. Provided exciting adventures and cultural experiences for teens and young adults.