S&P Global Ratings
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

S&P Global Ratings Employee Reviews

I took this job out of college and it was a great entry into the workforce on Wall Street. I learned all about the world of corporate and structured. credit.

The company is a great place to work and grow your career if you want a job as a credit analyst. It is the biggest of the "Big 3" rating agencies and looks great on your resume.
My skills were completely underutilized and more often than not, despite frequent requests, I was not assigned any work to perform. I didn't learn anything during my tie there. I would not recommend this company to anybody.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
The company changes managers and plans on an annual basis. It is a yes sir and yes mam company. No support from management. High stakes game playing at the management levels. They have too much money to be motivated to do good work
Pros
flexibility and pay
Cons
management
Positive work environment and amazing work life balance. This is a great company to work for with excellent benefits. This is a great place to work for if you want to work with the latest and greatest technologies.
Excelente empresa, buen salario y beneficios contractuales. Con un excelente plan de capacitación, sobretodo en el área analítica, en donde estuve 9 años.
Regrettably, S&P culture reinforces a "yes man" culture more than any workplace I have ever personally witnessed. The firm is making efforts to utilize technology to make processes more efficient, which undermines the value of it's analytical employees, but it's the right thing to do for the company. Beware that you will be swimming against the stream if you are a ratings analyst at this firm.
Fast-paced, opportunity to interact with all aspects of the financial markets landscape and leading executives, complex analysis, frequently changing internal priorities and senior leadership
There's been a lot of change there in the org structure and a lot fo people have left.

Change itself is not bad. The strategy to undergo a digital transformation is a good one and my departure is a result of it. The technology leadership team there is a very strong one. Fact based, demanding, results oriented.

Unfortunately the mgmt on the business side uninformed and adolescent. The COO has blinders one and lacks humility, plays favorites with folks that have worked with her before. The management of the credit analysts is marked by pettiness and intrigue reminiscent of a poorly written french novel. Conspiracies and whispers. Super silly.
Pros
work life/copmpensation
Cons
business side mgmt
A lot of changes over last few years. A lot of opportunity for expanded responsibilities - not a lot of opportunity to advance. Some really great people to work with.
non-stop change in structure suggests uncertainty in direction and path. compensation is contracting considerably and while focus is on transforming to a data science company, there are numerous internal challenges
The company was eager to bring on analysts that lacked direct experience but did not have a sufficient training or supportive team members to help bring you up to speed. I found the work to be interesting as we got to analyze portfolio companies, however there wasn't much infrastructure in place to help when a portfolio had significant volume. Wasn't uncommon during busy times to work nights and weekends for several weeks straight. The company's information systems were also very cumbersome and unnecessarily complicated the workflow, which was highly deadline driven.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Culture was unsupportive
There has been continuous management changes within the organization. It is difficult to get into a rhythm when the senior management is always changing. Roles and responsibilities are also unclear.
I learned everything about corporate culture, finance, and professional discourse from that company. I was promoted several times and I had the opportunity to work as part of a union.
Good, stable company to work for, good workplace culture, good place to learn soft and hard skills, collaborative environment, positive business outlook
Pros
Stable, collaborative environment, nice culture, good benefits
Cons
The firm is in the middle of transformation which might cause some uncertainties at a time
Good environment with enhanced learning, volunteer, and time off policies. Culture is collaborative and good but still evolving. Shifted to open concept seating over the past few years.
Pros
Enhanced learning and time off policies
Cons
Na
If you work as part of the guild (Admin), you might as well keep looking. They use it as an excuse to keep your salary low and union fees for no apparent reason.
The team appreciated hard work. I had a very supportive manager who was open and honest weather good or bad news. I enjoyed the people on my actual team a lot.
- Mediocre business with the financial services sector.
- Company attracts 2nd / 3rd tier candidates or those who want to remain within financial services, but with an easier work schedule.

- Compensation is way below the street norm and a major reason for ongoing attrition issues.

- Politics dictate management's overall decision. Politics are unavoidable in any large firm, but it is particularly excessive at S&P.

- Promotions are based on popularity rather than work product.

- Firm's overall standards continue to fall, but management does not seem to care given the moat that is ratings.
Pros
Work life / balance, flexible work from home schedule, 9-5 hours
Cons
Compensation, politics, promotion opportunities, poor senior management
S&P Ratings is a great place to work, if you can keep your job. there's a tremendous amount of uncertainty at the moment as mgmt seeks to slash costs.
Pros
good pay, work life balance
Cons
job uncertainty
It was a great honor to work for S&P global rating, I learned a lot, and I enjoyed working with smart and inteiligent colleagues. S&P Ratings is a place I would recommend
The people are great! Made it easier to go to work everyday. Everyone I worked with and interacted with at the company were super friendly and always willing to help you.