SAP

18: SAP Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,700 reviews

Concentrated on Senior consultants, with a lack of attention towards young talent. Did not know how to grow young talent, and integrate them into the organisation

Don't Expect Feedback

It is unlikely that you will get effective or constructive feedback from the management team if they are not based in the same country.Regional teams rarely have the visibility of the local landscape, and certain teams are quite hostile to new ideas

They run a Great Place to work program but not everyone joins in.

I loved working for SAP Australia but there are a few 'bad apples' who appear to have significant influence over management because of length of service or recent results but these people are a toxic influence and destroy a good culture which most employees try to cultivate by talking about people behind their backs and undermining typically good people.Management seam scared or unable to control these people even although it is well known who they are.

Pros

Good salary, share scheme

Cons

toxic culture

productive and fun work place

Fun loving team where you enjoyed worked with them fast paced environment but no more hours to work very quite that was the worst part i worked in busy time so that was ok

Great company to work for and progress

SAP is a wonderful company to work for and it is a great place for the employees to progress in their career. The management will welcome your thoughts and are open to new views and suggestions.

Productive Fast and Fun work environment

Fantastic work place, great staff and fantastic benefits. Management were always available, door always open attitude. Fantastic, hard working and fun work environment. Great work colleagues

Mares Asia Pacific

Start of season having an insight of the new product range, and as a team able to discuss and choose. Able to choose colour, dimensions and discuss in depth of how this product could be beneficial. This gave you a feeling of involvement and that your input was important. Also if there was something that you wanted in SAP, we had online help. Also once a year we had an IT come from Austria to spend a week with us. E.g Bill of Materials, the understanding of pricing hierarchy, setting up each account with discounts set for each product at the start of each season. The hardest part of the job was waiting on freight coming from China with estimated time of arrival. To be safe we would add to weeks onto the travel, to make up for any mishaps.

Pros

8.30am to 4.30pm reasonable working hours

Cons

The M1

Fantastic Organization

Great organization to work with in terms of work life balance and culture. Good job opportunities outside too. Work can be a bit slow paced for aggressive people.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

slow pace

Enjoyed the experience however a fair amount of stress with tight deadlines

I did enjoy working at SAP and it was a very productive, yet challenging role. I was able to enhance my skills and grow within the organisation. The work environment had tight deliverables especially at quarter end and year end.

Best working years of my life!

I was a member of the ANZ Management team - servicing the Australian and New Zealand Marketing Operations. I joined when the company was Seagate Software, rebranded to Crystal Decisions then acquired by Business Objects, later purchased by SAP. My typical day would be managing Channel and Direct Business marketing programmes. Above and below brand management and PR as well as database analysis, lead management and pipeline review, always ensuring that our programmes were aligned to sales goals. I had a high regard for the people with whom I worked and the workplace culture was one of respect and a recognition of a team effort to achieve the business goal of meeting our quarterly targets. Being in a small corporate office of a global operation meant that I wore many hats to support business operations and my attitude (along with my colleagues and direct reports) was to 'dig in' and get the job done. The company had a strong corporate culture, aimed to support continual improvement of it employees. I was fortunate that the company supported my studies and financially assisted me to obtain my MBA. My time with this company was highly enjoyable and rewarding.

Pros

Financially supported MBA studies

Large and Structured

SAP is a great company. It is customer focussed and goes t great lengths to ensure that outcomes are delivered. There is an interesting problem I think it has started to encounter being a large software company while IT is moving towards cloud based outcomes.

Pros

professional, customer oriented

Cons

moving from old technology slowly, over managed

SAP provides you with ample opportunity to grow if you want are a consultant or sales person. Great place to work is not just me saying so but also something SAP aspires and actively works towards.

Pros

top $

Cons

consulting; travel

SAP Basis Consultant

Have good exposure and knowlege in SAP Basis and basic security administration. Expecting for Sponsorship Visa jobs in Australia. Willing to relocate and migrate to Australia.

A company which is value driven

Acompany which challenges my potential and pushes to make use my skills and also enhance my skills at the same time

Awesome Place to work

Goodman Fielder - A place I can always go back to. Good Work life balance. You take the ownership and it is appreciated. You have Freedom to explore and implement new things

Good

Abeo Electra is THE place to work in sales and marketing. From your start to your finish Abeo Electra offers a rewarding career. With career for advancement and lots of relocation opportunities you cannot afford to pass up doing something you love and making good money at it! The possibilities are endless. The training they provide is spot on to put you in the top of your field.

SAP BW/HANA/ABAP/BO Consultant with 8+ years of experience

I am having total 8+ years of SAP BW/BO/ABAP/Hana experience of which includes Extraction, Modelling, BEX Reporting, LO-Cockpit Management, Data Monitoring, and Query Designer. I have worked in SD/MM/FI/VISTEX modules for BW & also experience in SAP Business Object Universe / Business Object Webi reports. Involved in waterfall & Agile methodologies for Implementation, Development & Support Activities. Worked in different industries like Retail, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing and Telecommunications. Currently working with Woolworths Ltd, Sydney office As Senior SAP BW/Hana Consultant and handling the end-end development Retail BW Reports. Experienced in LSA and LSA++ approach for BW/Hana Modelling. I am consistently involved in SAP BW related development using ABAP as well like development of enhancement program in ECC for Datasorces, Development of generic Datasources using View or functional module with delta enabled functionality. I have done development for start routine, end routine, expert routine and also developed enhancement program in BW for reporting variables. I also involved in data load optimization techniques in SAP BW like in Aggregates, Rollup, and Compression. In ABAP also used optimized coding standards to minimize the data load time. Apart from this professional experience, I have completed Master degree in computer application as well.

Reception work

this job was a temporary one as the usual receptionist was away on leave and this was a company where a receptionist is needed to meet and greet clients and keep the office running smoothly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare SAP with

Learn about SAP in popular locations

• SAP
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?