SA Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SA Health Employee Reviews

casual.rehabilitation work can be very heavy. old fashioned culture. Lots of older staff waiting to retire .politics security for staff on.premises outside going from carpark at night could be better,as quite dimly lit.
Pros
rosters on casual pool reasonable
Cons
Political, routinal, repetitive
Enjoyed the team spirit and encouraging support. Low chance of Permanent role with SA Health though. More job security would be beneficial.Good Opportunity to gain experience as although most of the roles are casual, they often roll over and if a position doesn't get extended there is a high chance of being offered another role in a different department if you are keen.
Pros
good team spirit
Cons
sometimes bit over competitive as some people feel insecure in their roles
My first week in this workplace, the only thing that people keep telling me was "Do not trust anyone." People whingeing and bad-mouthing each other, and managers show the attitude to everyone if they dislike any employee, and bully that employee in front of others. Manager keeps changing the SOP based on her feelings of the day, give you 20 forks then tell you to make 30 set for customers, if you speak up then you will get an non conformance because you lost 10 forks . The hospital offers some courses to tell you that you should speak up if there's anything wrong, and if you do speak up then you are the trouble maker and you will get more non conformance. Manager is very moody, and she never admit if she did things wrong but blame it on someone else. This workplace could stressed you out and change your mental and physical health in a few months.
Working with diversified stakeholder network and high contract values with application across the entire organisation and often to different state agencies for which SA Health provides a lead agency sourcing and contract management role
#1-Work is productive, I feel motivated to do more than my share and I thrive under pressure. #2-What I learned-everyday, something new. #3-Management-I find some great, others a bit judgemental, unclear and confusing .
Never again. Bullying and intimidation a daily occurance. Staff work on a class of job system. If you are from out of town you are left on your own.
Shift work is a balancing act with family commitments Every effort is made to be flexible where & when needed More opportunities for Enrolled Nurses would be an advantage as we all arrive at work for the same purpose. Excellent & productive patient outcomes
I worked as an IT project Manager with SA Health on a Contract for three months. I found SA health to be a Good place to work. Its filled with knowledgeable people.
Increased competition , quiet without stress.Good place to work and very good colleagues and managers.Complex SQL queries with immense knowledge in database is required
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SA Health?
Great people to work with who providing support in a relaxed atmosphere. Challenging and demanding at times but rewarding with a high quality of science output
i found working as part of the SA government very rewarding, everyday was different and challenging! you have to be self motivated to educate yourself, constant change in policy and guidelines
I loved my time at Sa Health and would happily be employed again, not only was my management great the team of nurses where friendly and professional. I was always learning and observing daily, the hardest part of my job was it was a hospital and aged care environment. Spending a lot of time there especially in the aged care building the residents became like family, so the end results of a passing was sad. But the new and still existing residents still brought happiness.
Bullying, under performance and toxic behaviour is rife amongst staff. Management will address this with motherhood statements and virtue signally and completely FAIL to address the problems. Good staff are stressed and end up leaving and the Awful staff go on their merry way. Do not work here if you value your mental health.
Pros
Positive interaction with patients and residents.
Cons
Management failure at all levels.
I enjoyed my position, great team to work with, very supportive. great location, parking available. great services close-by. Team Manager is a stresser when things don't go to plan.
I volunteer/work experience with the Diversional Therapist. I am learning what ever i can. I would love to work in this area of employment. Staff are friendly and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great place to learn about the job
Cons
Nil
The call bells will be buzzing like crazy but the Team Leaders will be sitting on their bums in front of computers and doing nothing . Unfair patient allocation . Most times they give sling lifters and medically difficult patients to Casuals or those doing a short shift . The regular workers tend to get away with easy patients . If you have 4 patients and 2 need help at the same time, no one will help.
You will be accountable to the Senior Clinical Services and Wellbeing Coordinator at Watto Purrunna for the provision of assessment and case management services for Aboriginal clients in the NALHN region which aims to optimise health outcomes. Applying your clinical experience, increasing clinical knowledge and professional competence you will plan, implement and evaluate comprehensive and integrated services to meet the needs of the clients of Watto Purrunna. You will work under limited direct clinical supervision and may provide direction and support to less experienced Aboriginal Primary Health staff, Allied Health Professionals and students. You will be working collaboratively with the Watto Purrunna multidisciplinary teams and liaise directly with Medical, Nursing and Allied Health staff of NALHN and with other community agencies.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
This was a temp position for 3 months. The people there were friendly and approachable. My work was Records Management, consigning files for archiving, and sorting their file room. Could have used more training on the software but it was enough to do the job.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Their Records Office was understaffed.
A typical day at work is very rewarding, We are able to provide a service to our patients, in a timely , efficient and committed manner. Our management staff are approachable and listen to our needs. The hardest part of the job is, that we are very short staffed and unfortunately budgets do not allow more staff to be hired at this time The most enjoyable part is when you see someone who has been sick for a very long time and through treatment with us they have been able to recover. We receive some amazing feedback from our patients and that gives us the strength and patience to continue being productive employees, respectful colleagues and caring people.
Pros
secure and safe environment to work in
Entrenched subculture of not accepting changes and new ideas. No support from management, in fact management were hostile to change. Extremely heavy workload with no support offered. Job satisfaction gained from patients health outcomes.
Pros
Reasonable wage
Cons
Entrenched subculture in nursing management
In general I've heard very good things when working for SA Health. Unfortunately this does include the service desk. The service desk has a weak managment structure which has created a very negative working environment, which leads to a lack of care and an extremely high staff turnover.
Pros
The money is good
Cons
Management (on the service desk)