SA Health logo
SA Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SA Health

SA Health Employee Review

A typical day at work is very rewarding, We are able to provide a service to our patients, in a timely , efficient and committed manner. Our management staff are approachable and listen to our needs. The hardest part of the job is, that we are very short staffed and unfortunately budgets do not allow more staff to be hired at this time The most enjoyable part is when you see someone who has been sick for a very long time and through treatment with us they have been able to recover. We receive some amazing feedback from our patients and that gives us the strength and patience to continue being productive employees, respectful colleagues and caring people.

Pros

secure and safe environment to work in

Toxic work environment

There is a bullying culture from the top down. You are told one day to do something, then yelled at the next day asking who approved that decision by the person who made that decision originally. Constantly understaffed. Staff do not want to stay. Overtime is never approved and you are blamed if it is necessary to work overtime. Senior/top management seen speaking to staff in condescending manner as though they are children. They are more concerned about saving money than people/ the staff and refuse to roster appropriately as a money saving measure. Constant mixed messages. Very stressful work environment. People are constantly expected to work beyond their scope of practice.

Pros

Nice area to live in

Cons

Toxic culture starting with management

casual ward work including brain injury spinal,stroke and general medicine

casual.rehabilitation work can be very heavy. old fashioned culture. Lots of older staff waiting to retire .politics security for staff on.premises outside going from carpark at night could be better,as quite dimly lit.

Pros

rosters on casual pool reasonable

Cons

Political, routinal, repetitive
Same location

great team spirit and support

Enjoyed the team spirit and encouraging support. Low chance of Permanent role with SA Health though. More job security would be beneficial.Good Opportunity to gain experience as although most of the roles are casual, they often roll over and if a position doesn't get extended there is a high chance of being offered another role in a different department if you are keen.

Pros

good team spirit

Cons

sometimes bit over competitive as some people feel insecure in their roles
  • SA Health
  • Helping colleagues and patients to deliver a helpful, informative, and pleasant experience to our patients on a daily basis