SA Health logo
SA Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SA Health Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

casual ward work including brain injury spinal,stroke and general medicine

casual.rehabilitation work can be very heavy. old fashioned culture. Lots of older staff waiting to retire .politics security for staff on.premises outside going from carpark at night could be better,as quite dimly lit.

Pros

rosters on casual pool reasonable

Cons

Political, routinal, repetitive

Toxic work environment

There is a bullying culture from the top down. You are told one day to do something, then yelled at the next day asking who approved that decision by the person who made that decision originally. Constantly understaffed. Staff do not want to stay. Overtime is never approved and you are blamed if it is necessary to work overtime. Senior/top management seen speaking to staff in condescending manner as though they are children. They are more concerned about saving money than people/ the staff and refuse to roster appropriately as a money saving measure. Constant mixed messages. Very stressful work environment. People are constantly expected to work beyond their scope of practice.

Pros

Nice area to live in

Cons

Toxic culture starting with management

great team spirit and support

Enjoyed the team spirit and encouraging support. Low chance of Permanent role with SA Health though. More job security would be beneficial.Good Opportunity to gain experience as although most of the roles are casual, they often roll over and if a position doesn't get extended there is a high chance of being offered another role in a different department if you are keen.

Pros

good team spirit

Cons

sometimes bit over competitive as some people feel insecure in their roles

The workplace to experience bad management, culture and bully.

My first week in this workplace, the only thing that people keep telling me was "Do not trust anyone." People whingeing and bad-mouthing each other, and managers show the attitude to everyone if they dislike any employee, and bully that employee in front of others. Manager keeps changing the SOP based on her feelings of the day, give you 20 forks then tell you to make 30 set for customers, if you speak up then you will get an non conformance because you lost 10 forks . The hospital offers some courses to tell you that you should speak up if there's anything wrong, and if you do speak up then you are the trouble maker and you will get more non conformance. Manager is very moody, and she never admit if she did things wrong but blame it on someone else. This workplace could stressed you out and change your mental and physical health in a few months.

Significant strategic focus and challenging targets for a procurement practitioner

Working with diversified stakeholder network and high contract values with application across the entire organisation and often to different state agencies for which SA Health provides a lead agency sourcing and contract management role

Okay, here goes, they say honesty is the best policy.

#1-Work is productive, I feel motivated to do more than my share and I thrive under pressure. #2-What I learned-everyday, something new. #3-Management-I find some great, others a bit judgemental, unclear and confusing .

Work ethic of management is poor. They have their favourites.

Never again. Bullying and intimidation a daily occurance. Staff work on a class of job system. If you are from out of town you are left on your own.

Good communication. Friendly atmosphere

Shift work is a balancing act with family commitments Every effort is made to be flexible where & when needed More opportunities for Enrolled Nurses would be an advantage as we all arrive at work for the same purpose. Excellent & productive patient outcomes

Great Place to work

I worked as an IT project Manager with SA Health on a Contract for three months. I found SA health to be a Good place to work. Its filled with knowledgeable people.

Very productive

Increased competition , quiet without stress.Good place to work and very good colleagues and managers.Complex SQL queries with immense knowledge in database is required

Jobs at SA Health

See more jobs

Supply Chain

Public health supply chain is critical in South Africa and SAH has been at the forefront of pioneering new tools and devices in medical male circumcision

Challenging but rewarding

Great people to work with who providing support in a relaxed atmosphere. Challenging and demanding at times but rewarding with a high quality of science output

Productive and Fun

At SA Health Medical billing I've learned a lot like working with different doctors also supervising different characters that alone gave me the leadership skills. Dealing with different professionals like doctors also give me wisdom and patience. Meanwhile I was working I had fun by going out doing the team building to know more of my colleagues.

Productive, challenging

i found working as part of the SA government very rewarding, everyday was different and challenging! you have to be self motivated to educate yourself, constant change in policy and guidelines

excellent family orientated environment

I loved my time at Sa Health and would happily be employed again, not only was my management great the team of nurses where friendly and professional. I was always learning and observing daily, the hardest part of my job was it was a hospital and aged care environment. Spending a lot of time there especially in the aged care building the residents became like family, so the end results of a passing was sad. But the new and still existing residents still brought happiness.

No behaviour management in place to deal with toxic staff

Bullying, under performance and toxic behaviour is rife amongst staff. Management will address this with motherhood statements and virtue signally and completely FAIL to address the problems. Good staff are stressed and end up leaving and the Awful staff go on their merry way. Do not work here if you value your mental health.

Pros

Positive interaction with patients and residents.

Cons

Management failure at all levels.

Great team work, team manager is a stresser.

I enjoyed my position, great team to work with, very supportive. great location, parking available. great services close-by. Team Manager is a stresser when things don't go to plan.

Friendly staff great place to work

I volunteer/work experience with the Diversional Therapist. I am learning what ever i can. I would love to work in this area of employment. Staff are friendly and a pleasure to work with.

Pros

Great place to learn about the job

Cons

Nil

Lazy workers

The call bells will be buzzing like crazy but the Team Leaders will be sitting on their bums in front of computers and doing nothing . Unfair patient allocation . Most times they give sling lifters and medically difficult patients to Casuals or those doing a short shift . The regular workers tend to get away with easy patients . If you have 4 patients and 2 need help at the same time, no one will help.

You will be accountable to the Senior Clinical Services and Wellbeing Coordinator at Watto Purrunna for the provision of assessment and case management services for Aboriginal clients in the NALHN region which aims to optimise health outcomes. Applying your clinical experience, increasing clinical knowledge and professional competence you will plan, implement and evaluate comprehensive and integrated services to meet the needs of the clients of Watto Purrunna. You will work under limited direct clinical supervision and may provide direction and support to less experienced Aboriginal Primary Health staff, Allied Health Professionals and students. You will be working collaboratively with the Watto Purrunna multidisciplinary teams and liaise directly with Medical, Nursing and Allied Health staff of NALHN and with other community agencies.

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

Temp position, Records Management

This was a temp position for 3 months. The people there were friendly and approachable. My work was Records Management, consigning files for archiving, and sorting their file room. Could have used more training on the software but it was enough to do the job.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Their Records Office was understaffed.
  • SA Health