SA Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SA Health Culture reviews

casual.rehabilitation work can be very heavy. old fashioned culture. Lots of older staff waiting to retire .politics security for staff on.premises outside going from carpark at night could be better,as quite dimly lit.
Pros
rosters on casual pool reasonable
Cons
Political, routinal, repetitive
There is a bullying culture from the top down. You are told one day to do something, then yelled at the next day asking who approved that decision by the person who made that decision originally. Constantly understaffed. Staff do not want to stay. Overtime is never approved and you are blamed if it is necessary to work overtime. Senior/top management seen speaking to staff in condescending manner as though they are children. They are more concerned about saving money than people/ the staff and refuse to roster appropriately as a money saving measure. Constant mixed messages. Very stressful work environment. People are constantly expected to work beyond their scope of practice.
Pros
Nice area to live in
Cons
Toxic culture starting with management
Enjoyed the team spirit and encouraging support. Low chance of Permanent role with SA Health though. More job security would be beneficial.Good Opportunity to gain experience as although most of the roles are casual, they often roll over and if a position doesn't get extended there is a high chance of being offered another role in a different department if you are keen.
Pros
good team spirit
Cons
sometimes bit over competitive as some people feel insecure in their roles
#1-Work is productive, I feel motivated to do more than my share and I thrive under pressure. #2-What I learned-everyday, something new. #3-Management-I find some great, others a bit judgemental, unclear and confusing .
Great people to work with who providing support in a relaxed atmosphere. Challenging and demanding at times but rewarding with a high quality of science output
I enjoyed my position, great team to work with, very supportive. great location, parking available. great services close-by. Team Manager is a stresser when things don't go to plan.
I volunteer/work experience with the Diversional Therapist. I am learning what ever i can. I would love to work in this area of employment. Staff are friendly and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great place to learn about the job
Cons
Nil
A typical day at work is very rewarding, We are able to provide a service to our patients, in a timely , efficient and committed manner. Our management staff are approachable and listen to our needs. The hardest part of the job is, that we are very short staffed and unfortunately budgets do not allow more staff to be hired at this time The most enjoyable part is when you see someone who has been sick for a very long time and through treatment with us they have been able to recover. We receive some amazing feedback from our patients and that gives us the strength and patience to continue being productive employees, respectful colleagues and caring people.
Pros
secure and safe environment to work in
Entrenched subculture of not accepting changes and new ideas. No support from management, in fact management were hostile to change. Extremely heavy workload with no support offered. Job satisfaction gained from patients health outcomes.
Pros
Reasonable wage
Cons
Entrenched subculture in nursing management
Enjoyed working here, fantastic staff and teamwork. Issues with some management aspects but that is a big hospital for you. Wonderful work environment with great staff and patients.
Great work environment with friendly staff who are very supportive and encourage further training and leadership roles. Staff are respectful of each other with many staff from different cultural backgrounds.
Pros
Very supportive management team
Poor managers Evil staff that are in favor with management Poor support structures All is constantly worked off their feet,that is nursing staff Family and patients get away with murder The overall health team are non supportive. Bad culture to work in
Pros
Nil
Cons
Harrasment
The day was always busy with clients to attend to, a car was provided for use to clients homes or transport to appointment. There were always in house computer manual handling updates, hygiene, everything to need to keep you informed of Infection Control etc. Also work place culture was fantastic and all persons involved
Pros
work cars
Cons
5day week
Cliinical pharmacist role in the acute care setting of the public hospitals in SALHN (Repatriation General Hospital, Flinders Medical Centre, Noarlunga Public Hospital). Exposure to various wards including vascular, mental health and gastroenterology; encompassing activities of patient medication history taking, reviewing inpatient medication charts, and counselling and discharging patients on medications. Providing assistance in the solving of medication related problems arising on a day to day basis, utilising resources available on the SA Health Library Service (salus), such as AMH, MIMMS, and eTG complete; or SA Health intranet. Dispensing of inpatient, discharge, and outpatient medications in the dispensary units. Good and diverse work place culture, with outgoing and friendly colleagues. The hardest part of the job is the challenge of optimising patient care, but having said that when you provide this optimised patient care the feeling after every consultation with a patient is one that cannot be replaced, thus very enjoyable.
As an previous employer I found the sub culture of the Royal Adelaide Hospital difficult. They were not accepting of new ideas from fresh individuals. They tended to find change difficult acceptance harder. Once accepted the culture is very supportive. Change of staff is a constant. Becoming diverse in attitudes important. The employment is challenging. With high expectations to accuracy and high performance. The education of staff is excellent. With the expectation of attendance of inservices almost every shift. Focus on patient care and attending to patients is paramount and the documentation reflects the high standards of care. Working into theSA Heath can be difficult but it is very rewarding.
Pros
Salary, flexabitlity in hours
Cons
Settling int the culture can be challenging.
Working at the Royal Adelaide Hospital is a busy and engaging role.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice
Cons
Desk sharing