SA Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SA Health Management reviews

Australia41 reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance

casual ward work including brain injury spinal,stroke and general medicine

casual.rehabilitation work can be very heavy. old fashioned culture. Lots of older staff waiting to retire .politics security for staff on.premises outside going from carpark at night could be better,as quite dimly lit.

Pros

rosters on casual pool reasonable

Cons

Political, routinal, repetitive

stressful, busy, understaffed

best thing i ever did was leave. my workmates were good people, but far too stressful, and no management help, typical government beurocracy. Labour gov to blame with transforming health.

Toxic work environment

There is a bullying culture from the top down. You are told one day to do something, then yelled at the next day asking who approved that decision by the person who made that decision originally. Constantly understaffed. Staff do not want to stay. Overtime is never approved and you are blamed if it is necessary to work overtime. Senior/top management seen speaking to staff in condescending manner as though they are children. They are more concerned about saving money than people/ the staff and refuse to roster appropriately as a money saving measure. Constant mixed messages. Very stressful work environment. People are constantly expected to work beyond their scope of practice.

Pros

Nice area to live in

Cons

Toxic culture starting with management

The workplace to experience bad management, culture and bully.

My first week in this workplace, the only thing that people keep telling me was "Do not trust anyone." People whingeing and bad-mouthing each other, and managers show the attitude to everyone if they dislike any employee, and bully that employee in front of others. Manager keeps changing the SOP based on her feelings of the day, give you 20 forks then tell you to make 30 set for customers, if you speak up then you will get an non conformance because you lost 10 forks . The hospital offers some courses to tell you that you should speak up if there's anything wrong, and if you do speak up then you are the trouble maker and you will get more non conformance. Manager is very moody, and she never admit if she did things wrong but blame it on someone else. This workplace could stressed you out and change your mental and physical health in a few months.

Significant strategic focus and challenging targets for a procurement practitioner

Working with diversified stakeholder network and high contract values with application across the entire organisation and often to different state agencies for which SA Health provides a lead agency sourcing and contract management role

Okay, here goes, they say honesty is the best policy.

#1-Work is productive, I feel motivated to do more than my share and I thrive under pressure. #2-What I learned-everyday, something new. #3-Management-I find some great, others a bit judgemental, unclear and confusing .

excellent family orientated environment

I loved my time at Sa Health and would happily be employed again, not only was my management great the team of nurses where friendly and professional. I was always learning and observing daily, the hardest part of my job was it was a hospital and aged care environment. Spending a lot of time there especially in the aged care building the residents became like family, so the end results of a passing was sad. But the new and still existing residents still brought happiness.

No behaviour management in place to deal with toxic staff

Bullying, under performance and toxic behaviour is rife amongst staff. Management will address this with motherhood statements and virtue signally and completely FAIL to address the problems. Good staff are stressed and end up leaving and the Awful staff go on their merry way. Do not work here if you value your mental health.

Pros

Positive interaction with patients and residents.

Cons

Management failure at all levels.

You will be accountable to the Senior Clinical Services and Wellbeing Coordinator at Watto Purrunna for the provision of assessment and case management services for Aboriginal clients in the NALHN region which aims to optimise health outcomes. Applying your clinical experience, increasing clinical knowledge and professional competence you will plan, implement and evaluate comprehensive and integrated services to meet the needs of the clients of Watto Purrunna. You will work under limited direct clinical supervision and may provide direction and support to less experienced Aboriginal Primary Health staff, Allied Health Professionals and students. You will be working collaboratively with the Watto Purrunna multidisciplinary teams and liaise directly with Medical, Nursing and Allied Health staff of NALHN and with other community agencies.

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

Temp position, Records Management

This was a temp position for 3 months. The people there were friendly and approachable. My work was Records Management, consigning files for archiving, and sorting their file room. Could have used more training on the software but it was enough to do the job.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Their Records Office was understaffed.

Helping colleagues and patients to deliver a helpful, informative, and pleasant experience to our patients on a daily basis

A typical day at work is very rewarding, We are able to provide a service to our patients, in a timely , efficient and committed manner. Our management staff are approachable and listen to our needs. The hardest part of the job is, that we are very short staffed and unfortunately budgets do not allow more staff to be hired at this time The most enjoyable part is when you see someone who has been sick for a very long time and through treatment with us they have been able to recover. We receive some amazing feedback from our patients and that gives us the strength and patience to continue being productive employees, respectful colleagues and caring people.

Pros

secure and safe environment to work in

Extreme workload with unsupportive management

Entrenched subculture of not accepting changes and new ideas. No support from management, in fact management were hostile to change. Extremely heavy workload with no support offered. Job satisfaction gained from patients health outcomes.

Pros

Reasonable wage

Cons

Entrenched subculture in nursing management

Not the Service Desk

In general I've heard very good things when working for SA Health. Unfortunately this does include the service desk. The service desk has a weak managment structure which has created a very negative working environment, which leads to a lack of care and an extremely high staff turnover.

Pros

The money is good

Cons

Management (on the service desk)

manual process oriented, modernisation very slow

largely manual operational environment requiring huge amounts of process engineering and automation to modernise. Change resistance is significant considerable progress made across 6 years but much work still required.

An organisation that bullies, manipulates and rewards vile people

SA Health consists of a poor structure of departments, ever-changing and ever-fluctuating and management are bullies and non-concerned with the welfare of their employees. They are supported fully by HR who condone their disgusting behaviour. An organisation divided into too many management styles and not compassionate enough to treat employees with dignity. The executive level don't care about anybody but themselves and their career trajectory, and the rest beg and kiss and wipe the executives rear ends with toilet paper. An organisation that condones bullying and thorough mismanagement of all departments is not deserving of respect.

Pros

nothing

Productive and enjoyable workplace

Enjoyed working here, fantastic staff and teamwork. Issues with some management aspects but that is a big hospital for you. Wonderful work environment with great staff and patients.

Great workplace

Great work environment with friendly staff who are very supportive and encourage further training and leadership roles. Staff are respectful of each other with many staff from different cultural backgrounds.

Pros

Very supportive management team

bully and harrasment is rife

Poor managers Evil staff that are in favor with management Poor support structures All is constantly worked off their feet,that is nursing staff Family and patients get away with murder The overall health team are non supportive. Bad culture to work in

Pros

Nil

Cons

Harrasment

Patient service assistants

A work place filled with bullies and unfit management teams/structures. Long hours, short staff constantly and people are not supported

Pros

Good EBA for PSA's

Cons

Shift work

Fun and relaxed working environment great work life balance.

Typical day at work comprises of leasing with the Management team, Project Director and Clients in regards to project delivery and current status. I've learned that if there is no team work in all aspects of Project Delivery, Project tends to run late and more likely goes over budget and falls behind. Working with my co-workers is fun but at times challenging and reason being is lot of time they are under pressure and grossly understaffed they tend to take on lot more than they are required and tend not to update there progress on a regular basis. That was also the hardest part of my job, getting the right information about the status of there work because people are people and they tend to over exaggerate there progress just so they don't look bad in front of the management team and the client. Most enjoyable is getting to talk to people and recovering projects that are running behind, talking to the project leads and providing them with accurate schedule the one that they can rely upon. Once the project is on time and within the budget I find that rewarding that I contributed directly or indirectly for the successful completion of the project.

Pros

Work life ballance is great.

Cons

Government workers tend not to follow timelines and fall behind way to many times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SA Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SA Health