SA Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SA Health Work–Life Balance reviews

casual.rehabilitation work can be very heavy. old fashioned culture. Lots of older staff waiting to retire .politics security for staff on.premises outside going from carpark at night could be better,as quite dimly lit.
Pros
rosters on casual pool reasonable
Cons
Political, routinal, repetitive
#1-Work is productive, I feel motivated to do more than my share and I thrive under pressure. #2-What I learned-everyday, something new. #3-Management-I find some great, others a bit judgemental, unclear and confusing .
Shift work is a balancing act with family commitments Every effort is made to be flexible where & when needed More opportunities for Enrolled Nurses would be an advantage as we all arrive at work for the same purpose. Excellent & productive patient outcomes
The call bells will be buzzing like crazy but the Team Leaders will be sitting on their bums in front of computers and doing nothing . Unfair patient allocation . Most times they give sling lifters and medically difficult patients to Casuals or those doing a short shift . The regular workers tend to get away with easy patients . If you have 4 patients and 2 need help at the same time, no one will help.
A work place filled with bullies and unfit management teams/structures. Long hours, short staff constantly and people are not supported
Pros
Good EBA for PSA's
Cons
Shift work
An excellent employer to work for with many opportunities to broaden skill base and advance within the business
From the out set excellent job for use of skills growth of skills , real sense of direction and impact and benefits on the ground for the community it serves. beyond centralisation and change of job title completely muted role now unable to use skills or find any growth , personally disappointed with the outcomes for the community it served. looking to move on and find better opportunities.
Pros
use of skill greater personal growth than expected
Cons
Centralisation and the removal of rural postions in country
Typical day at work comprises of leasing with the Management team, Project Director and Clients in regards to project delivery and current status. I've learned that if there is no team work in all aspects of Project Delivery, Project tends to run late and more likely goes over budget and falls behind. Working with my co-workers is fun but at times challenging and reason being is lot of time they are under pressure and grossly understaffed they tend to take on lot more than they are required and tend not to update there progress on a regular basis. That was also the hardest part of my job, getting the right information about the status of there work because people are people and they tend to over exaggerate there progress just so they don't look bad in front of the management team and the client. Most enjoyable is getting to talk to people and recovering projects that are running behind, talking to the project leads and providing them with accurate schedule the one that they can rely upon. Once the project is on time and within the budget I find that rewarding that I contributed directly or indirectly for the successful completion of the project.
Pros
Work life ballance is great.
Cons
Government workers tend not to follow timelines and fall behind way to many times.