Sage Employee Reviews

A good company
Community Coach (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CA20 September 2019
It’s a good place to work and their Intentions are always good. The pay for community coaches needs to improve so we stop being the second job and people will want to work more. Our clients are amazing and they keep me loving what I do.
The worst part lace to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO14 September 2019
It’s all a numbers game but not a employee customer experience. Sage does not care about you or your customers they only care about their numbers. Beware where you work when you are less important then a computer program that tracts your progress.
Positive inclusive office with arcades in the breakroom.
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA9 September 2019
The finance department had some new managers that didn't seem to have certain things figured out when taking over. I was given a tour and someone assigned to be my mentor. It just didn't turn out that way. I didn't feel fully welcomed there and wasn't sure if I was wanted. The pay was ok but could have been better. I found a higher paying job at the time was the only reason I left.
Things are changing
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2019
Sage was a very entrepreneurial company, where sales representatives were free to adapt their speeches and conversations depending on each of their customers, as long as they were respecting common sense rules and good practice policies. Unfortunately this is not the case anymore. The place sounds more and more like a callcentre with preset conversations and scripts. Still a good place for junior rep to start.
Six month contract that lasted one full year
Lead Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR5 September 2019
Enjoyed the position, worked independently. I missed not being part of a team though since I was a contract worker. I didnt have medical benefits. I had to file workmans comp claim first week there - I tripped over computer cords and cracked my teeth.
Pros
End of each sales quarter had free catered lunches for 3 days
Cons
company promotes from within. There really isn't new jobs, but the job either reworked or moved to another branch.
Very racist
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA2 September 2019
Worked there for 3 years. The working environment was extremely uninviting, almost bordering on hostile, and It was all directed at the few people of color working in the Irvine location.
Official response from Sage
16 September 2019

Sage celebrates all our colleagues and is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. The situation you are describing does not align with our corporate policy or practices, and we do not condone such behaviour. We trust that you shared this feedback through our internal channels so that it could be addressed.

Overall a good experience
Solutions Pvt Ltd - Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra28 August 2019
I had a good experience working at this company. Its been more than 4 years now and the journey has been wonderful by far. A nice bunch of colleagues and team.
Travail sur balance âgée
CHARGÉE DE RECOUVREMENT (Former Employee) –  Mérignac (33)22 August 2019
Management hasardeux
Travail dans un lieu spacieux au calme dans une zone de Mérignac (33)
Phoning toute la journée
Collaborateurs agréables
Passage en avoirs assez douteux sur les instructions du siège de DUBLIN (semble vouloir éviter les "pertes")
BtoB
Pros
Environnement
Cons
Interim
Amazing place to work but strict and if you're apart of a contract then they will throw you out no matter how big or small the issue
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear20 August 2019
Sage is a amazing place to work with good pay and benefits the bonus/benefits may not be as good as other places but the work environment and culture is amazing , they say they are there to support you but obviously this is only just show. Only complaint would be that they hired someone who has no experience at sage as a manager who did not understand the company from the cultures to the actual product which caused hardship at work. Sage is focused on the quality of work not just kpis but this new manager was so focused on kpis she didn't realise the stress put upon the employees and would treat the employees like a child , but this was just a new manager the other managers that actually worked their way up and actually deserve the role are amazing staff
Awesome place
Community Coach (Former Employee) –  Ventura County, CA18 August 2019
I really enjoyed working at Sage, with all of the staff and clients also. They are all like family and they care very deeply about their clients. Fabulous place to work.
Aye
customer service lines for Sage Pay customers (Former Employee) –  Toon17 August 2019
The jobs were going up too well you should have but you are not a murderer and I think,never the, same, time, you up to the hotel and I think you should have been
Great during my tenure, but might have changed
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA16 August 2019
Terrific, positive company culture, due mainly to the division president, who was friendly, approachable and believed in publicly acknowledging employees for a job well done. I had direct access to every member of the C-suite, which made my job so much more enjoyable and made me more effective.
Endless promises
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 August 2019
The job sounds enticing... weekends off, commission, incentives, staff parties, free parking + flexible hours.
Yet these are just ways to mask how awful and boring the job is. I was in tech support.
With recruiting MORE staff the training was clearly underfunded and rushed, with only having a selection of trainers. After training you enter ‘gradbay’ to which you’re promised additional support, the chance to ‘move up’
Pros
incentives, free parking, staff events, pay
Cons
Tedious, too many KPIs, lack of support, endless promises
Ok place to work. I had very bad management
Senior Channel Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA8 August 2019
I had 4 managers in a year and a half. 2 of them were fired. It was an unstable environment. I like some of the people I worked with. The culture ok.
Official response from Sage
12 August 2019

I'm sorry for the changes in management you experienced while you here - that is never a positive thing. Our recent colleague Pulse Survey and BIG Conversation, a global online conversation aimed at exploring our present culture, are some of the ways we are looking at making improvements which impact retention.

Growth orientated company
Manager, Channel Partner Support (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA27 July 2019
Great company. I was part of the transition time of this company. Sage Software North America specialized in Accounting ERP. From Sage Software NA came a new brand i.e. Sage Payment Solutions.
It was a call center
Lead Data Repair Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA23 July 2019
A majority of the day is spent helping customer navigate the software. Since the product line I supported was intended for small business owners, most of the questions dealt with setting up the software on their network, helping with backups, or training on how to effectively use the software.
Payroll Conversion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ18 July 2019
Sage tries to be employee friendly but its really nothing different and nothing to write home about.
Training opportunities to advance exist however it's a challenge to find the time to do it.
Office politics causes square pegs to be put into round holes.
Great opportunity for a large company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA17 July 2019
Somewhat micromanaged, but in the companies best interest. continued to change sales metrics for no real reason other than to prevent people from over achieving. Helped me build my brand / name recognition. Great coworkers.
Pros
monthly free lunches, platinum elite incentives, healthcare.
Cons
call center type feeling.
Company wants top talent but aren't willing to pay
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA16 July 2019
Sage could be great. I certainly enjoyed my time at Sage. The company does not want to compensate for top talent and therefore lack the experience and technical knowledge to be a great software company. I was not promoted although I actually did the job for 6 months waiting for the company to hire an outsider. I left shortly thereafter.
Not for everyone
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA15 July 2019
Do not get me wrong Sage is a good place to learn about the stresses of phone support. However you may find it unfair in how the promote and pay their staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage. Our community is ready to answer.