Sage Employee Reviews

Overall a good company to work for
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear14 June 2019
The positives:
Personal development is actively encouraged and in-house recruitment for roles is actively encouraged.
Sage are working on their diversity and inclusion programme.
Each employee has 5 days to spend out of the business supporting charities or working for the local community.

The negatives:
Sales targets have become a large part of the technical support role putting more pressure on staff to spend time trying to sell rather than to the technical aspect of the role.
Pros
Colleagues are great real support for each other
Cons
Can be a very stressfull environment with sales targets added to the technical support role
Ambiente de trabajo tranquilo
Internship (Former Employee) –  Alcobendas, Madrid provincia14 June 2019
En ventas, lo que más me gustaba de estas prácticas era asistir a reuniones de Marketing de producto. Además, he utilizado distintos CRM , excel, teléfono... Manejo de Astec con el fin de buscar, o actualizar datos de clientes.
En capital humano, organizaba eventos y fechas para voluntariados. Utilicé teams para crear equipos así como Outlook.
He conocido a muchísima gente de distintos departamentos, además de los camareros de la cafetería. Mis contactos de Linkedin aumentaron progresivamente al terminar mis prácticas.
Cons
No me remuneran
For an HR and benefits company, they sure treat their employees badly
Engineer (Current Employee) –  GA3 June 2019
This place has poor on-boarding practices. They expect you to read their minds when it comes down to performing tasks. There are reasons that people prior to me left and I should have asked those questions when I was first interviewing for the role. These people will smile to your face, pretend they are your friend, and then throw you under the bus immediately. Management throws around the idea that they have interviewed hundreds of people like it's a badge of honor. But it really tells you what type of managers they really are. They will micro manage your every move. The minute you create your own daily schedule, such as having a lunch or going to a doctor, is the minute you are lead down the path where they say you "aren't performing". If you do not bow down to management here, you will be forced out immediately. They will collude with others on your team (which you are not part of technically) and then accelerate your exit. This place is highly caustic, their products are subpar to the industry.
Pros
There are none here. HR company that doesn't know how to do HR.
Cons
Communication is lacking, there is no real team, on micro little silos where everyone has their own mini specialty.
It is a fun place to work
Technical Chat Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR14 May 2019
The job only get busy during the tax season from October to April for Canada and US customers. You can chat up to 4 windows at a time to help 4 customers simultaneously. After that the work is very slow the you get layoff.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
After tax season you get layoff
Bad place to work
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear30 April 2019
not a good company to work for, toxic culture. Ask for tasks to be completed that are far beyond your job role. Was asked many times to work additional hours for no overtime pay or hours back.
Pros
good people who worked there
Cons
management
Payroll Specialist Senior (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MA24 April 2019
Great place to work however they are strict about hours. No flexibility . Great benefits as well as the employee appreciation. If allowed more remote positions it would be great
Pros
Great culture
Cons
No flexibility
Food Service
Food Handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NY24 April 2019
Great Place to work, location, people, culture as a food handler I enjoy serving and engaging conversations of news of all kind and also just personal conversations.
Pros
everything
Sage
Patient Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FL22 April 2019
SAGE was a great job with excellent staff however due to unforseen circumstances our office closed I will reccommend this dental facility to anyone who is looking for a family oreinted dental office
Not what I expected
EXECUTIVE, SPR (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA12 April 2019
The job I interview for at Sage was not what I ended up doing at all. I felt deceived once I started and so did the others I started with. The training is so bad that the others tell you to forget everything you learned in training.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Not a stable company now
People
Finance (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA10 April 2019
The people at this company makes the workplace enjoyable. I have met many great individuals here and are life long friends/mentor. I would recommend the company based on the people.
Pros
People
Productive environment who cares about employees
Remote Product Sales Rep/Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sellersburg, IN28 March 2019
Sage was a good company to work for who cared about their employees. I received 5 weeks of PTO annually with the chance to accrue more as I continued my employment with the company. I can honestly say that if I ever felt overwhelmed, it was comforting to know I had plenty of PTO to use. On a daily basis, interacted with potential prospects and current customers. I assisted other Teams with product feedback and was actively involved with helping my Sales Team grow. The most difficult part about my job was when Management from multiple Departments didn't communicate but we always found a way of working through those hiccups.
Pros
Pto, Volunteer Time, Paid Holidays, No micromanaging
Einfach perfekt
Supporter (Current Employee) –  Root, LU26 March 2019
Nach 3 Monaten bin ich noch immer begeistert, tolles Team, perfektes onboarding, jede Menge abwechslungsreiche Arbeit.
Das Management ist offen für Vorschläge, gibt rechtzeitig Feedback und kümmert sich um die Belange der Mitarbeiter.
Es gibt zwar sehr viel neues, doch dies liegt nicht an Sage sondern am Wandel der Zeit.
Insconstante
Analista de Marketing Pleno (Current Employee) –  Curitiba, PR18 March 2019
A Sage está passando por muitas adaptações e o conflito de interesses entre os diretores influencia muito no resultado da empresa pois prejudica a operação.
Working with vulnerable people but management is not progressive, not client focused, and unethical
Victim Advocate (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WA5 March 2019
Not client focused, engages in inappropriate drama with clients, break client confidentiality often, is not progressive and up to date with evidence backed research on how to treat clients.
Don't work in customer support
Customer Support Analyst, Senior (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR24 February 2019
Sage grows by acquisition. The company they purchsed that I worked for was awesome and really took care of their employees. the Role of a Support Analyst was treated with respect and professionalism.
Once Sage upper management located in Europe started to meddle in the winning system we had in place it went to junk. Support went from being on of the best jobs I ever had to being just another "turn and burn" call center with crazy weight times.
Love this place
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Shard4 February 2019
The people and atmosphere are amazing, all so friendly and enjoy being in all their company so much.

Defiantly recommend anyone doing apprenticeships there or looking for jobs!
Pros
Free Travel, Your Own Hours
Exciting time to be at Sage
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA29 January 2019
Loving the shift in focus to ensuring colleague success. Love the people I work with and the projects I get to be part of. Great benefits and office space is updated and enables a collaborative space. Love each colleague gets 5 days to work on a nonprofit charity giving back to the community.
Pros
The people, the benefits, time off, charity work
Empresa instável mas com uma ótima estrutura.
Suporte Técnico (Former Employee) –  Suporte29 January 2019
Desde que a SAGE assumiu a FOLHAMATIC SISTEMAS os colaboradores e clientes foram afetados bruscamente, infelizmente
a visão centralizada e imatura da SAGE apagou com propriedade o legado da Folhamatic.

Os gerentes e diretores da SAGE mostraram-se despreparados para lidar, administrar situações triviais, a arrogania cega desses está colocando em cheque uma serie de questões, dentre elas a credibilidade dos serviços prestados.

A cultura fria que foi aos poucos implantada com a fusão comprometeu o ambiente de trabalho. Todos sabemos que a toda empresa tem por objetivo o lucro, e resultados é o que interessa. Mesmo dentro desse contexto selvagem é possível criar um clima que os colaboradores se sintam seres humanos, feitos de carne, osso e sentimentos. A FOLHAMATIC construiu isso durante seus 20 anos de existecia, a SAGE destruiu em 3.

A parte mais difícil do trabalho é defender, vender um produto que nem você mesmo acredita, isso é uma missão quase impossível e acredite, custa muito caro. Todos pagam essa conta de alguma forma, o colaborador com sua saúde (mental e fisica) e o cliente, que não consegue fazer o que necessita.

A parte agradável do trabalho mora nos relacionamentos, o dia a dia torna-se mais leve quando fazemos uma pausa nas atividades durante o dia pra bater papo.
Pros
Refeição na empresa
Cons
Plr, Plano de Carreira, cesta de natal, talentos internos justo.
Formation adequate
Technicien support logiciel Sage 50 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 January 2019
2 semaines de formation adequate
Apres seulement 2 semaines de formation j'etais apte aussitot a prendre des appels et resoudre la plupart des problemes logiciel
Pros
Ambiance decontracte et agreable
Cons
Beaucoup de roulement de personnel
Environement productif et agreable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2019
Environnement productif et agréable. J'aime vraiment cette compagnie.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage. Our community is ready to answer.