Sage Employee Reviews

its principal offices in Los Angeles, London (Current Employee) –  Delhi, Delhi2 November 2018
Sage Publication is my first job experience.Experience so far has been extraordinary. Great place to work.Friendly colleagues and decent as well discipline mangament.Work place culture is amazing.I have learned lot of stuff as if like how to be manageable at your work,work ethic, personality growth, Discipline and maintain positive motivation and behaviour to be helpful to team member of all department.Most enjoyable part of job I have family atmosphere, gain and learn new areas and challenges.
Pros
Free lunches
Ok place to work
Executive/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA2 November 2018
When I went through the interview process, the things that I was told didn't match up to way I was treated while working at Sage. Management need to learn how to manage.
I was very productive and gained experience in Sales & Use Tax.
Sr. Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA2 November 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was to research complex tax issues and provide technical advice on state sales tax and local tax issues according to laws and regulations.

Very challenging job!
Workplace culture not a good place at all
Accountant Principal (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA1 November 2018
This place is not good at all. The Workplace culture, not a good place at all. Hiring expert to work sometimes with people that do not understand the working process.
Trabajo divertido y variado
Administración (Former Employee) –  Madrid, Aluche25 October 2018
Al tener un trabajo cara al público, que no es el tipo de trabajo que suelo realizar, me resultó divertido y variado
Workplace is great
Operations / Contractor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA23 October 2018
Great atmosphere in the workplace. Consists mainly of sales environment. Company has a lot of perks. Busy days are at the close of the month. Loved the commroderie
Poor executive management
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR22 October 2018
The company suffered from a CEO who focused on re-packaging as opposed to innovation to achieve sales goals. The CEO has since been ousted, not soon enough.
Big Company
Administrative Assistant to Sales Team (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA20 October 2018
This job was temporary - but the time that i was there was very fast paced. Even though i was a temp there the manager was very gracious and included all of the temps very kindly and involved us in all of company activities.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
temp
Product was weak in comparison to competition.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  PA16 October 2018
couldn't sleep at night by selling it. Company had illusions that that product could compete with the big players. They were wrong
Management was absent and had zero accountability
just a statistic
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA15 October 2018
nice facilities
nice perks during busy seasons
great charitable functions
you may receive 10 great reviews from customers but it takes just one mediocre review to knock your stats in to the dirt, unfortunately the mediocre review has a lot of weight
Pros
nice perks during busy seasons
Cons
job review is not favorable to employee
No advancement
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear11 October 2018
Sage is very micromanaged so it can be quite an uncomfortable environment to work in. There is a clear divide between managers and normal members of staff. The benefits are good with the perks scheme however this does not make it a desirable place to work.
Customer focused but target pressure causing issues
Payroll Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne10 October 2018
I've been at sage for nearly a year now and I've loved every day of it, the day to day of working here is different, you are always kept on your toes with customers coming through with different queries, and I love that, the satisfaction of helping someone is top notch.

The rewards and benefits of working here are also amazing, and the flexibility for working times is changeable after your first year.

However there are issues with the company that is leaving a bad taste in my mouth ever so gradually... when I started the company there was no information fed to us that the roll was going to be this intense for sales... 1 year down the line I'm sitting in the middle of October no where near my sales target [Im technical support] and im starting to panic, and now instead of giving my customer the best possible tech support i can, im always looking at what i can sell them after the call is complete...

I'll be honest I've not had an issue in the 12 months I've been here, it's just this month, there are steps in place to get this resolved but the pressure do change is beyond a joke.
Pros
Commission, Incentives, holidays, flexible hours
Cons
Targets
Not so good experience
Account Executive - CBC Atlanta (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA9 October 2018
The company has huge turnover laying off entire teams, and if the company isn't successful they don't promote the sales team they will hire from outside the organization to fill spots of account executives who have left the company. Huge buddy system company where promotion or bonus structure benefits are paid to those who are close with mgmt/decision maker of who gets financial bonuses.
Pros
Surrounding community where you can take your mind off work during break
Cons
Poor sales structure
Centre d'appels
Technicien Informatique (Former Employee) –  Compiègne (60)20 September 2018
C'était une formation suivi d'un contrat mais pour être dans un centre d'appel Webhelp, quelque chose qui m'intéresser mais en faite le centre d'appels non aucune qualité clientèle le tout c'est de répondre aux autres appels pour pas en perdre.
Qualité du support laisse à désirer
good
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire19 September 2018
Nice place to work, it depends on individual, some do prefer the lifestyle here, some do not. go place to learn and explore new things. it is really a nice place to work.
Sales! Sales! Sales!
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear18 September 2018
Advertise roles for 'technical support advisors' but really you're just another sales advisor. Main KPI and bonus target is from sales, even if the customer doesn't need/want anything. Minimal training given as you're expected to fob the customer off with online articles so you can keep answering the never ending queue of complaints, whilst never actually helping. Targets set unrealistically high so be prepared to be performance managed out the door or jump before you're pushed. Not customer focused, don't care about staff. Staff turnover is highest I've ever seen!!!
Pros
mon-fri
Cons
Everything else
Great work environment
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA14 September 2018
This was a great company to work for there is plenty of room for skill development and job growth. The employees are glad and willing to work with you and help you out anytime.
Pros
Great knowledgeable people to work with comfortable work environment
Cons
Took a few days to get get up in the system but as a new employee that's expected anywhere
great knowledge
IMPLENTATION SPECIALIST • BYTHECO (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MN12 September 2018
i enjoyed working and learning. training was solid, you are allowed to work remote if needed. a lot of skilled team members and room for advancement.
Pros
knowledge and training.
Cons
nothing
Management and Work culture not what it once was, direction of the company not promising
G&A (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA7 September 2018
Sage has become a company with constant change and generally not for a positive reason. Moving the focus from the region to global management and decision making has not proven well for the company so far. Work/ life balance does not exist and the expectation is to do more with less.
Cons
VP, Directors, and Managers are obnoxious.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA4 September 2018
The Directors, Managers and VP treat front line employees as if they are easily disposable and continually increase unrealistic goals with no additional tools and resources to ensure success

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage. Our community is ready to answer.