Sage Employee Reviews

Software support analyst
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR15 August 2018
I supported 300 CRE software, which is accounting software for construction and real estate which is composed of several modules. I had a bout a weeks worth of training to not only understand the software but then give the impression to callers I'd been doing it for years. I also had to learn about accounting as the vast majority of the callers themselves didn't understand it as it applied to the Sage software. Fun times.

During my first year there based on their own standards I made the top grade which is outstanding, however there could be only a certain percentage of those "allowed." So I went down to the next category which was "Exceeds standards" but again, only so many of those allowed. Since I was in my first year and low man on the totem pole I got a rather mediocre rating of "meets expectations." I was also recommended for promotion but it was rejected at higher levels due to budget considerations. I'd worked my tail off and invested everything I am in becoming better and better only to get the same rating as a mouth breather with a heartbeat.

Over the course of the last year a lot of knowledgeable, key "Go to guys/gals" have left the job and taken their knowledge with them. Most of my co workers had left for greener pastures and they hadn't been replaced, not even with temps. The calls keep coming in but there's fewer and fewer people to answer them and they know less.
Pros
Co workers, awesome. Local management, awesome
Cons
I think the company is letting the product die
Accounts Payable Analyst
Accounts Payable Analyst - T&E Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA10 August 2018
The most enjoyable part about my job is the environment I love the people I work with, it makes the day go by fast. My typical day is busy however I to multitask. I like to research and solve problems and every situation is different.
Cumpre papel importante para ingresso no mercado
Diretora Qualidade (Former Employee) –  Marília, SP8 August 2018
Empresa estimula crescimento profissional e supre a necessidade de estágios na cidade de Marília.
Pros
Ética
Cons
Não remunerado
Opportunity to grow
Multiple positions within R&D (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA1 August 2018
Sage is a solid company in which to grow your career. It is organized and structured, consistently working to strengthen it's position in the ERP market.
Good Place to work
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL31 July 2018
The people are great, the tasks are challenging and the management supportive. Company information is communicated across the board. Opportunities for advancement or learning different skills is there.
Pros
Cafe and Gym on site
Cons
parking
A learning experience
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bryn Athyn, PA30 July 2018
Working at Sage helped me understand that teamwork is efficient in a work environment. Learned that balancing jobs help keep the pace when preparing or serving foods in the dining hall area. A typical day was being a team leader and working with the chefs to help prepare a meal. The managers were fair to student workers and helped teach student workers to prepare foods. The breaks were convenient enough where we got to taste that day food. The managers let students experience the wonders of cooking and baking. The workplace was an environment where people learned about the diverse cultures. The hardest part of the job was finding new tasks after everything was done. The most enjoyable part of working at Sage was the laughs and memories that everyone shared with each other.
relaxed and open communication with owner
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor-Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TX28 July 2018
I was doing internship, so i worked very hard and diligently and never received money. When it came time for me to move into a paid employee after internship was completed, the owner just hired another free intern and i wasn't given the paid job i was promised.
Pros
learned alot, nice clients
Cons
no paycheck-worked for free
The office is very nice and co-workers are friendly.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GA17 July 2018
The office is very nice and co-workers are friendly. They offer many opportunities to volunteer for good causes. Salary and bonuses are pretty good.

Unfortunately the training is poor and some managers are busy covering themselves instead of training and supporting employees and correcting the known problems. The product is outdated and does not do what it suppose to do. There is a great deal of miscommunication. This causes mistakes and miscommunication as to what the product is reported to and what it actually can do. Which causes clients disappointment and makes it more challenging to sell.

You are also competing against other Sage departments for sales.They will be pitching competing products to your prospects at the same time. Which causes lost sales, sometimes for both depts..

There is a great deal of unexplained turn over. They terminate employees even when they are on or above quota. And without warning. They will tell you you are doing great and then suddenly the whole departments is let go.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
High turn over
Poorly run business with very short sighted plans
Employee (Current Employee) –  North America17 July 2018
Just not a place you want to experience. The staff for the most part are all willing to make the business successful however the senior leadership is killing that spirit with their inability to retain talent, mountains of red tape and micro managing. The leadership fails to trust the employees with any responsibilities.

The almighty share holders are seeing only a pittance of what they might receive if the leadership allowed the employees to flourish.

Time for the leadership team to be sacked starting with the CEO and CFO who are just talking heads.

There is no logic in the things the company executives do and then they try to save money by cutting budget including staff hampering any sort of recovery,
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Workload
Poor Management
Sales Manager/Product specialist Sr. - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Remote16 July 2018
Poor management, no future plan structure. Was part of a purchase that was phased out. No place for advancement into other products, earning potential limited.
Toxic workplace where job uncertainty is now the norm
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 July 2018
Used to be a great company with its roots in the North East. Sadly the CEO has ripped the heart out of the company with redundancies being commonplace and 10% of the workforce being at risk of being sacked every year. Many jobs are being moved to eastern Europe so the company can save money. Avoid joining at all costs!
Pros
Was some great people
Cons
Low job security, long hours, poor leadership, toxic culture
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Addison, TX10 July 2018
For the most part it was a good place to work. The people were very friendly and everyone got along. The best part of the job was you could work 10hr days and be off on Fridays.
Pros
10 hours days
Cons
Healthcare
Fun workplace with good work culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 July 2018
Sage is a fun workplace with with good job culture. It gives the employees the opportunity to decide their own work schedule. Schedule is flexible. There are opportunities to play table tennis also.
Pros
Flexible time schedule
Cons
Pressure to achieve target
nie wieder
Junior Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  München2 July 2018
Nie WIEDER!!!

wenn man dort anfängt zu denken ist das schlecht und man muss gehen
Good Job Experience
Marketing Analysis Manager - Sage North America (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, Ga29 June 2018
Good place to work. Normal changes in direction. Good tools and technical support. Good work balance. Working to find their next niche in the market.
Do not work here
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX28 June 2018
Management is clueless and does not care about the employees or customers. They will use you, abuse you and if you stay long enough, throw you away. I quit before they soured me.
Cons
Everything about this company is poor
Negativo
externo (Current Employee) –  Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona provincia28 June 2018
Mucho personal externo subcontratado,,algunos llevan años con salarios mas bajos y jornadas mas largas que los empleados de Sage ( Julio y Agsoto ), sin renovacion salarial, facturando a los clientes 85 euros/hora y cobrando 10 euros/hora, sin ninguna estabilidad profesional ni posibilidad de promocion, una verguenza por parte de Sage, solo se salvan las oficinas.
Pros
oficinas
Cons
salario, promocion, condiciones
An amazing company heading in a bad direction
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 June 2018
I know many that have worked for the company the head office based in Newcastle upon Tyne. It seems staff have gone from earning a reasonable amount to being set up to fail with targets set so high they cannot be reached. This then has ended in some being paid off, some performance managed out the door and it has not stopped. For their head of sales to basically state she wanted her staff to be so desperate for their bonus they rely on it to pay for their home. Coming from a company that has slashed their commission plan globally so it is impossible to earn a reasonable wage as the basic is set so low.
This is such a twist on past conversations I have had with said people who loved the company, believed in the brand and enjoyed their roles.
I find it interesting that the media has not printed anything relating to the 100 people probably more sacked or let go, but just high up leaders exiting. (Theres something a little fishy there)
Seems someone upstairs is making the wrong decisions for what was a fantastic North East born company!
Lets hope they sort the mess out before they have no staff as companies are already headhunting.
There are always other options for fantastic driven sales staff, be smart, start looking.
Good luck Sage
Pros
North East Based
Cons
Covered
Problème de management
Commercial (Former Employee) –  Mérignac (33)26 June 2018
Il faut accepter de ne plus être un être humain, et de devenir un numéro qui n'a aucun droit à l'erreur.
Vous êtes un cheval sur un champ de courses avec un jockey sur le dos qui vous donne des coups de cravache.
Pros
Salaire et avantages, bonne ambiance entre collegues
Cons
Harcèlement moral, acharnement, menace ouverte, turn over
Simple and Easy
Tech Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA23 June 2018
Having technical experience will help tremendously at this job but there are plenty of resources for you there that will help you if you don't.

It's a fairly easy 9-5 and a great starting place for customer support.

Figuring out a clear career path there gets a bit difficult. You may feel like you hit a ceiling in a short few years.
Pros
Clean building, friendly workers, decent benefits
Cons
Career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage. Our community is ready to answer.