Sage Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Awesome Company
Supervisor, Customer Support Services (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA28 May 2018
Definitely a place to work that gives a high rating of experience for all levels of career seekers. The culture here is a great fit for any individual. Company invests in the career paths of all with a passion for customer first.
Very productive environment
Professional Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng27 March 2018
Sage is great company to work for as they take in inexperienced people and turn them into professional workforces. They provide a solid foundation and good training.
Pros
Training and resources
Cons
Salary advances
Former Contractor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR24 September 2017
I worked there as a customer support rep on the phones last year. The company is very, very metrics driven. Your metrics and especially customer surveys are how you are perceived. Every time you get less than an above average on a survey you get coached on the call. Even if the customer was clearly complaining about how the software works or that it didn't do what they wanted and not you, you were still supposed to get a good survey.

Still, the environment is very good for a call center. You have your own work space. The equipment works well and is maintained well. The people are generally friendly and helpful. The company buys lunches on regular occasions. There are snacks during busy season. It is a corporate "go team, we're great when we work together" environment. Not quite hold hands and sing Coom by Yah but close.

Of course there are always a couple of senior people who think contractors are useless and treat them with little respect. That is the same anywhere. The mentors for contractors were very good, understanding and helpful though.

As with any call center, attendance is key to you staying employed. You must be on time and you must not call out. You will take 20 to 40 calls a day depending on the season.
Pros
People, Snacks, Coffee, Work Space
Cons
Customer Surveys too important
Management is out for themselves only
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ22 March 2017
I have seen and experienced, false promises, contradicted management outlooks, set up for failure and most of all, the so called team, will back up over you to save their own jobs. Would never recommend to work here, do business with or use them in any way, shape or form.
Excellent Company
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Great Park, Newcastle3 January 2017
Excellent company to work for. I acquired NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service as I was employed as an apprentice. I enjoyed the Customer Service part of the role and the job was very varied.
Pros
Benefits, Health plan
Cons
travel distance from home
Lil pay for work expected
Customer support/Service (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA3 August 2016
Needs to be a bit more organized...More advancement opportunity. Improvement in pay also more recognition to great employees. Most are felt belittled.
It used to be a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gosforth20 May 2016
The Company has recently gone through some major changes apparently to the benefit of the customer however I don't understand how losing experienced, knowledgeable staff, replacing them with new, inexperienced staff and often not suitably trained can be a positive.
Higher Management have spoilt the culture, the motivation and what were happy staff. They are all about promoting the Brand and how good Sage looks. These changes have already had detrimental impact and this will impact the business and their customers long term.
I don't know what the future of Sage looks like, but from what I hear from current members of staff, it isn't looking bright.
If your face fits you will progress. If not you're wasting your time and effort in trying to improve.
Pros
Nice building, Free parking and the people
Cons
Unhappy workforce, unstable working environment and no job security.
support
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR29 March 2016
A typical day at work includes, emails, support on the sage software, using oracle for monitoring the calls as well as notes, I also do a few follow up calls as well as research on software and knowing basics of accounting.
Pros
good experience
Cons
temp
upbeat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 December 2015
Working at sage was one of the best jobs that I had, being able to calm down a customer and walk them through their issue was and honor its hard to explain to people on the phone things in their software when your not there to see it. gets frustrating at times and when they don't understand you is hard too, the staff was great fun there was always laughter and fun but you knew when you needed to work. working with high volume calls can be a challenge as well cause sometime you feel you cant catch a small breather in between calls. but in the end you always leave happy never upset or anything else. I found that I would wake up feeling relaxed and ready for the day where some jobs I wanted to call in sick .
Pros
hours were great
Cons
people some times stole your lunch
Very unstable company
Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Winnersh10 April 2015
Very poor culture which is not for those who value high standards The company is always changing creating a constant stream of uncertainty and lack of progression. There is no personal development and people get promoted through luck not talent,
A big name but not at all what it might appear to be plus pay is very poor, no salary increases on a regular basis.
The Winnersh office is one that has declined with top talent leaving mainly because of poor treatment and high demands which are not rewarded.

A company that has lost focus and does not reward talent.
Pros
Well known brand
Cons
culture, pay and lack of progression
All in all a decent place to work
Customer Service/Help Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA21 August 2014
They need better managers. The ones hired are not qualified. All in all a decent place to work
Nice place to work
Customer Service Rep Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA24 April 2014
I have worked at Sage for almost 4 years. I think the company itself is great. There are always things to do ie. activities inside and outside of Sage, Free food and drinks, and prizes. The people are friendly and everyone gets along.

There isn't much room for advancement.
Pros
A lot of EAC activities, Free food, Prizes, Great location, Great people
Cons
Management, no room for advancement, low pay, bad hours
informative company, learned alot about products
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA30 May 2012
Responsible for helping customers with payments and getting new service.
Good customer service experience but quite repetitive tasks
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 May 2012
Day at work : answering phone calls
Learned how to manage client anger and promotion skills, how to "educate" the customer.
Management was nice and helpful.
Co-workers were very nice and maintained a good atmosphere on the floor.
Hardest part of the job was to stay on the phone 90% of the day.
The most enjoyable part was the events organised by the company every now and then (Christmas party, new product launches events, etc..)
Pros
events organised by company
Cons
long hours on the phone
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ7 May 2012
Served as a Customer Support Representative who Implemented company policies, technical procedures and standards for preserving the integrity and security of data, reports and access.

Provided customer service for an average of 50 calls per day, answering customer inquiries, solving problems, and providing new product information. Resolved product issues, shared benefits of new technology, investigated customer inquiries and complaints in a timely and empathetic manner.

Worked under strict deadlines and responded to service requests and emergency call-outs ensuring a superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy, and resolving problems on the spot. Received multiple reviews acknowledging my level of dedication to excellent customer service.

Provided technical support for the healthcare division in Medware and Intergy Software. Responsible for continuous coverage of Practice Management incoming call queues to respond to customer inquiries as they related to our products and/or operating environments. Documented each customer incident in the call tracking system in a clear, concise, and understandable format and ensured all information is recorded properly. Escalated unresolved customer issues with all pertinent information included, to appropriate resources. Assists customers in gaining the most value from our products and services by identifying additional product or training needs.

The co -workers were the greatest bunch of people I could have asked for. We were all very close and like a family.

The hardest part of the job was when
  more... I couldn't help the customer immediately when they needed it. It was when I would have to rely on someome else like a third party software and there was nothing I could do to ease their pain but empathize with them and let them know we will come up with a solution for their problem.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be about the customer and making sure that I fixed them 100% and they didn't have to stress anymore. I know when the customer is upset its not me they are upset with. I do a good job on calming and letting them know we will have a solution to their problem. At the end of the day I know I did everything I could to fix the customers issue and it makes me feel good.
Pros
health insurance, 401k, benefits, pto
Cons
sick days, no advancement