Sage Employee Reviews for Technical Support

Endless promises
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 August 2019
The job sounds enticing... weekends off, commission, incentives, staff parties, free parking + flexible hours.
Yet these are just ways to mask how awful and boring the job is. I was in tech support.
With recruiting MORE staff the training was clearly underfunded and rushed, with only having a selection of trainers. After training you enter ‘gradbay’ to which you’re promised additional support, the chance to ‘move up’
Pros
incentives, free parking, staff events, pay
Cons
Tedious, too many KPIs, lack of support, endless promises
Fast paced and professional
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne30 January 2017
Sage was a great place to work, and treats its people well. They gave me training for the position when I started and that carries on through when you start doing the job fully. They love to get their staff onto new things, I ended up starting an accountancy qualification through them.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
Can feel like the days drag on
Technical Support Executive
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chennai, India17 August 2016
Troubleshooting DELL Hardware and Windows Operating System issues on Laptops and Desktops.
Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007 and any other authorized desktop applications.
Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment.
Provided Remote Assistance to corporates on networks connected with Dell Computers, Switches and Printers.
Home Routers and Switches, Internet Troubleshooting and Third Party Software Troubleshooting.
Installing and handling issues with Third Party Antivirus Software like MacAfee, Norton.
Pros
Enterprise Clients; Awesome work environment
Cons
Limited Support
Fun work place
Technical Support for Accounting Software (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA16 February 2016
Very good people to work with and work for. Customers were in distress however, following the script allows the opportunity to diffuse the situation in a timely manner.
Non-stop work environment at technical support
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA8 August 2015
A typical day was very straightforward as I was working in a call center environment. I would clock in and immediately begin work on taking calls from customers who paid for our technical support plan. Troubleshooting would involve greeting the customer, asking questions on the issue, narrowing down the cause, and eventually finding the cause and resolving the issue. If it was a new issue I would write articles in the Sage Knowledge Base on how to resolve it, and if it was a special problem it would be documented specifically for future reference. In case there were any issues that I did not know off my own knowledge I would consult the database for things that sounded the same. Things such as error messages and how to resolve those would be step-by-step in the Sage Knowledge Base. Lunch was scheduled at the same time everyday and it would most of the time be a non-stop work day until one lunch break. The best part of the job was resolving the issues for customers. It was an enjoyable experience with good work scheduling and a plan set out for each day. I learned accounting skills in training as well as how to operate the software and it's nuances in Windows O/S.
Pros
A set plan for day to day, Knowledge base to refer to for issues, Ability to edit and write my own articles to inform customers or co-workers on any new issues, good scheduling
Cons
Non-stop work environment with one break can be draining, potentially upset customers from the get-go because of long wait times
Technical
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA17 February 2015
A typical day would include taking calls from different clients and helping them with the technical issues.

I learned more about mapping network drives.

My co-workers were very cooperative in helping getting up to speed.

The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new technologies.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Short Term Temporary job
Nice place to work
Software Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 April 2014
Nice place to work.

I learnt to give a great service to customers.