Salmat Employee Reviews

was a different expirence
Salmat distribution (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 November 2018
learned to mange money and time the hardest part of the job was probably walking and delivering the pamphlets but was like i said in the summary quite a different expirence to have and had
Pros
good money wise
Cons
took forever to deliver
It was a good first job.
Pamphlet Delivery (Former Employee) –  Avalon Beach NSW18 November 2018
I learnt a lot about time management delivering pamphlet each week and overall it was a good experience. This was a good first job and it was fun to talk to people each time I delivered a pamphlet.
Pros
Learnt time managment, talking to locals
Cons
Lots of time sorting through the pamphlets and some weeks very little pay
You become hardworking
DISTRIBUTOR (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 November 2018
When working as a distributor for Salmat, you can gain quiet a muscle... I actually enjoyed working there, since the job helps to become stronger and it provides you with the so necessary weekly physical activity! Even though sorting the brochures out and putting them inside of each other can be boring, you can just do it in front of TV.
Pros
You become stronger
Cons
Can be hard
Consistant work
Catalog Distributor (Current Employee) –  South Australia12 November 2018
Retatively flexible hours of work over 3 days which is a good amount of time to get the cataloges folded and packed ready for delivery. the area of delivery is convenint and easy to find.
Hard job and very bad payment
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Queensland7 November 2018
No one should accept this job so they have to pay more.
5 hours folding the brochures and 5 hours delivering, so the payment is 4 dollars per hour.
If you use your car and the air con you will spend gas ( specially that the gas is expensive now) so the total is you work nearly for free.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long hours and very bad payment
Incentive to start walking again ;)
Targeted Media Delivery (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 November 2018
As a salmat targeted media deliverer, I achieved my goal of returning to regular exercise. It was effective to have accountability twice a week with the flexibility to break the walking into manageable segments at anytime during the day.

As income, it is obsene exploitation averaging around $1- $5 per hour & possibly up to $10/hour.
For example, my average weekly payment was up to $40 for 2 x deliveries consisting of collating x2, delivering x2, receiving and dispatch of media products.
Not recommended as good source of income.

It is a handy exercise to prepare for a first job or returning to the workforce with valuable skill development including self-paced prioritizing, organisation, accountability, time-management and manual handling.

I am grateful for the opportunity of a fun way to return to regular walking around my neighborhood.
I am also grateful that I'm now finished with super low paid exploitation and constant flow of papers around the home.
Pros
Self paced within 2 day time frames, Accountability to walk or prepare for employment, Early peeking into approaching specials.
Cons
Extremely low $$, space invasion in the home during collating preparation, Area manager that rarely responded and grumpy when he did, Very heavy loads requiring manual handling techniques and delivery equipment-not provided by Salmat.
Bonus payments stopped
Not sure (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 November 2018
My kids were doing the weekend run, and as they did a good job and used the App, they got a small bonus each week since starting last year. Bonuses suddenly stopped and after a couple of weeks queried this with the area manager. Was told that Head Office ordered stoppage of bonuses. Has this happened to others?
Pros
Kids pocket money and gets them out of the house.
Cons
Hard work in hotter months.
It’s alright to work there for extra pocket money
Paper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Perth WA30 October 2018
The job is easy but it’s only hard to work in summer or when it’s hot , sometimes the payment don’t match the mags you did but it’s good exercise and good for extra money
Pros
Start when you want
Cons
You have many house and mags to deliver you
Solo work, little pay
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  Pottsville NSW7 October 2018
Prepare catalogues takes anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours depending on size of load
Delivery can take anywhere from 2 hours to 5 hours depending on size of area
Little pay for menial work
Pros
Solo work
Cons
Long hours for little pay (piecework)
Hard work for a low wage.
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Moorebank NSW26 September 2018
Rather than ask you to work back you are expected to. I wouldn't have minded had the hourly rate been better. Hatd manual labour required too. The guys work with you are good guys though so that a bonus. Other than that. Only good if you're trying to break into the warehousing industry.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Do overtime or ypu have no job. Low wage for very hard work conditions.

Want to know more about Salmat?

Ask a question
A great first job
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 September 2018
As Salmat was my first job, it was an easy introduction into the work force. The hours were flexible and the job additionally taught me how to manage my time and satisfy customers.
good
Delivering papers (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA13 September 2018
Flexable working times, your able to take your time doing it as long as it was all handed out by the middle of the week, The weather was a bit of a pain when it was raining or when it was too hot. other then that it was ot too bad. definatly an easy job for just walking around.
Pros
good money
Cons
not always good weather
Fun busy scheduled workplace
Area Manager Salmat (Current Employee) –  Junee NSW11 September 2018
Enjoy working for this company in two different roles .
Ongoing training
Management changes
Hardest part computers needed upgrading
Headsets needed to be supplied .
Pros
Easy flexible work hours
Cons
Not enough work hou s16, 00
Easy work with flexible availability but not much else going
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Tooronga VIC26 August 2018
I worked in this company for three years. They were very good with allowing flexibility to take certain days off for my university studies. The work was difficult at the start but the training you got was reasonable.

The salary was pretty poor considering we were the backbone of Coles IT and other related jobs would pay a lot more. Management had plenty of issues from the start and this would flow onto to team leaders etc.

If you wern't good mates with someone higher up or with someone on a secondment then getting any form of promotion was pretty much impossible.

The culture at first was a really good one with plenty of motivated staff their. But as problems occured and people realised we wernt going to get better remuneration it went down hill. High staff turnovers meant they tried to recruit sub standard staff in the hope they would stay.

Overall I did enjoy my time at Salmat but would only reccomend working for them part time in conjunction with studies or as a 2nd job.
Pros
Good training, learn to use lots of different programs and web tools.
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, lack of opportunities for promotions.
Inclusive & Supportive Workplace
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT13 August 2018
Salmat was a great place to work. Terrific management and very supportive. Biggest challenge for me was working from home and growing the BPO business in the federal government market. Very small sales team who supported each other very well.
Pros
Supportive and professional
Cons
Working remotely
Overall healthy, productive and satisfying employment
Catalogue distributer (Current Employee) –  Armadale WA12 August 2018
Work at your own pace, when you like, by yourself or with others enjoying a healthy stroll helping you to keep fit and get outside often

I’m already loving this job although my legs aren’t 100% into it yet 😂
Pros
Own time
Cons
Muscles take a while to get used to it
great job to do in spare time
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  Kiama NSW10 August 2018
This would be a great job to do if your someone with some spare time. I did enjoy the job however it was at times difficult having to distribute so many catalogues, and was starting to interfere with school and other commitments. Overall it was a good job, just didn't have the time to commit to it.
i learned from Salmat many things.
Sales Representative -ORIGIN ENERGY (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Australia7 August 2018
The best thing about me is that I can mould myself according to the role and the responsibility bestowed upon me. I want to keep learning and the best way to do that is to diversify my knowledge and my working style.
productive and fun work place
Cataloge delivery (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 July 2018
Great work place environment ,good salary, develops team building skills and communication skills. Understanding management ,down side is the amount of catalogs and it can be very heavy to carry during a big load.
Easy way to make money but very time consuming
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Wantirna South VIC2 July 2018
I help my parents fold these brochures and I find it very time consuming and not really worth the salary. It takes up to 2 hours to fold all 6-9 stacks of brochures. I think I can be doing better things with my time than this. It is an easy way to make money especially for ones who are studying or just want a casual job for some easy money but I don’t think it really is worth it. I thought the delivering part of it was already difficult by itself even though you get a lot of time to do it and now I just found out that I have to fold them as well. Do you know how long it takes to fold them and to deliver them as well. I’m working with my siblings on them so 3 of us work on it and it takes, as I said, 2 hours. Delivering with 2 people takes an hour. Honestly, or the money, I wouldn’t recommend this job at all. It’s just way too time consuming. Maybe if the salary was higher it would actually be worth it.
Pros
Easy way to make money
Cons
Time consuming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salmat. Our community is ready to answer.