Salmat Employee Reviews

A great first job
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 September 2018
As Salmat was my first job, it was an easy introduction into the work force. The hours were flexible and the job additionally taught me how to manage my time and satisfy customers.
good
Delivering papers (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA13 September 2018
Flexable working times, your able to take your time doing it as long as it was all handed out by the middle of the week, The weather was a bit of a pain when it was raining or when it was too hot. other then that it was ot too bad. definatly an easy job for just walking around.
Pros
good money
Cons
not always good weather
Easy work with flexible availability but not much else going
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Tooronga VIC26 August 2018
I worked in this company for three years. They were very good with allowing flexibility to take certain days off for my university studies. The work was difficult at the start but the training you got was reasonable.

The salary was pretty poor considering we were the backbone of Coles IT and other related jobs would pay a lot more. Management had plenty of issues from the start and this would flow onto to team leaders etc.

If you wern't good mates with someone higher up or with someone on a secondment then getting any form of promotion was pretty much impossible.

The culture at first was a really good one with plenty of motivated staff their. But as problems occured and people realised we wernt going to get better remuneration it went down hill. High staff turnovers meant they tried to recruit sub standard staff in the hope they would stay.

Overall I did enjoy my time at Salmat but would only reccomend working for them part time in conjunction with studies or as a 2nd job.
Pros
Good training, learn to use lots of different programs and web tools.
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, lack of opportunities for promotions.
Inclusive & Supportive Workplace
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT13 August 2018
Salmat was a great place to work. Terrific management and very supportive. Biggest challenge for me was working from home and growing the BPO business in the federal government market. Very small sales team who supported each other very well.
Pros
Supportive and professional
Cons
Working remotely
Overall healthy, productive and satisfying employment
Catalogue distributer (Current Employee) –  Armadale WA12 August 2018
Work at your own pace, when you like, by yourself or with others enjoying a healthy stroll helping you to keep fit and get outside often

I’m already loving this job although my legs aren’t 100% into it yet 😂
Pros
Own time
Cons
Muscles take a while to get used to it
great job to do in spare time
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  Kiama NSW10 August 2018
This would be a great job to do if your someone with some spare time. I did enjoy the job however it was at times difficult having to distribute so many catalogues, and was starting to interfere with school and other commitments. Overall it was a good job, just didn't have the time to commit to it.
i learned from Salmat many things.
Sales Representative -ORIGIN ENERGY (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Australia7 August 2018
The best thing about me is that I can mould myself according to the role and the responsibility bestowed upon me. I want to keep learning and the best way to do that is to diversify my knowledge and my working style.
productive and fun work place
Cataloge delivery (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 July 2018
Great work place environment ,good salary, develops team building skills and communication skills. Understanding management ,down side is the amount of catalogs and it can be very heavy to carry during a big load.
Easy way to make money but very time consuming
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Wantirna South VIC2 July 2018
I help my parents fold these brochures and I find it very time consuming and not really worth the salary. It takes up to 2 hours to fold all 6-9 stacks of brochures. I think I can be doing better things with my time than this. It is an easy way to make money especially for ones who are studying or just want a casual job for some easy money but I don’t think it really is worth it. I thought the delivering part of it was already difficult by itself even though you get a lot of time to do it and now I just found out that I have to fold them as well. Do you know how long it takes to fold them and to deliver them as well. I’m working with my siblings on them so 3 of us work on it and it takes, as I said, 2 hours. Delivering with 2 people takes an hour. Honestly, or the money, I wouldn’t recommend this job at all. It’s just way too time consuming. Maybe if the salary was higher it would actually be worth it.
Pros
Easy way to make money
Cons
Time consuming
Friendly work mates
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW7 May 2018
I met a lot of interesting people from different walks of life during my time working at Salmat. It was an interesting experience and handy part time job to have while studying.
Simple Side Job
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  Torquay VIC1 May 2018
It is an easy way to make cash, by collecting catalogues, folding them up and delivering them. I found it time consuming, however it was great as I could do small parts of the job in my own time.
Pros
You can choose your own hours
Cons
A typical bundle of catalogues takes a long time to organise
worker beware
deliverer (Former Employee) –  melbourne18 April 2018
Salmat = puke pay.They are the modern day slavers with their lame slave tracking app..Avoid them and hopefully they will disappear.They try and fake how many people want their catalogues to keep clients.(Only 60 percent want them).
Pros
exercise
Cons
slave pay
great to kill time threw the days
Pamphlet Delivery (Current Employee) –  Whyalla SA18 April 2018
I really enjoy as it wipes out time quickly and its easy and fun to do. I get to meet others daily and it is great way to go for long walks while doing the deliveries.
Good excercise
Distributor of Leaflets (Former Employee) –  Wantirna South VIC14 April 2018
Yes at first I I really wondered what I was taking on but then I realised that it wouldn’t be that bad & I would actually get fit while I was doing it & also meet people to talk to while delivering the leaflets.
Pros
Could come home for lunch
Cons
Having to separate them into bundles.
Fun to work and easy to do
Catalogue Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Byford WA10 April 2018
I really liked working this job, but I worked this job when I was in year 6-7 so back in 2011, I haven't done it in a long time, but that year when I was working there I really liked delivering junk mail~
Pros
Easy to do, can take up to only 30 minutes
Cons
Repetitive
A Great workplace But!!!!!!!!!
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA7 April 2018
Salmat is a great place for other companies to get avitiving but the poor Distributor having to fold and deliver and each week is different cause same weeks has 10 jobs and then weeks with only 3 jobs.
Pros
Pay is Good
Cons
Long Hours
very good
Paper Delivery (Current Employee) –  Northbridge NSW28 March 2018
FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION - start date by mutual agreement
Great opportunity with one of Australia’s leading independent Catholic schools.
This is a dynamic, vibrant workplace where staff are highly valued and respected
Pros
cheese
Cons
bacon
Flexible work place
Part-time pamphlet delivery in the Richardson area (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 February 2018
This position allows you to learn self and time management skills, maintains physical activity and accountability and responsibility for delivering all the advertising material. The most challenging part of this job is the requirement to delivery regardless the weather.
Pros
flexible
Cons
weather
Productive work place
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD23 February 2018
The hardest part of the job was distributing catalogues. The most enjoyable part was the exercise whilst doing so. I learned how to manage time efficiently to balance school, work and life. A typical day was waking up early to deliver and also delivering late afternoon.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Filling a cup with a dripping tap.
Advertisement Distributor/Catalogue Distributions. (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT4 February 2018
The PAY for DISTRIBUTORS should certainly be RAISED.

Even a small pay increase would make turnover rate lower.
Delivering catalogues is harder work than some would assume.
It's tedious & labour intensive.
Pay is contractual.

Being a distributor does provide a form of income, however it isn't a great amount of money (in fact it's not really good money either).

Ideally, it's perfect if you have a car & want to get fit.
I would not recommend this as a full time or even part time job.
However, I would recommend it if you have some time on your hands & feel like seeing the neighbourhood.

An Employer - Just...
Pros
Fitness & Some form of achievement.
Cons
Pay is dismal, labour intensive for little pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salmat. Our community is ready to answer.