Salmat Employee Reviews

Easy way to make money but very time consuming
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Wantirna South VIC2 July 2018
I help my parents fold these brochures and I find it very time consuming and not really worth the salary. It takes up to 2 hours to fold all 6-9 stacks of brochures. I think I can be doing better things with my time than this. It is an easy way to make money especially for ones who are studying or just want a casual job for some easy money but I don’t think it really is worth it. I thought the delivering part of it was already difficult by itself even though you get a lot of time to do it and now I just found out that I have to fold them as well. Do you know how long it takes to fold them and to deliver them as well. I’m working with my siblings on them so 3 of us work on it and it takes, as I said, 2 hours. Delivering with 2 people takes an hour. Honestly, or the money, I wouldn’t recommend this job at all. It’s just way too time consuming. Maybe if the salary was higher it would actually be worth it.
Pros
Easy way to make money
Cons
Time consuming
Friendly work mates
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW7 May 2018
I met a lot of interesting people from different walks of life during my time working at Salmat. It was an interesting experience and handy part time job to have while studying.
Simple Side Job
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  Torquay VIC1 May 2018
It is an easy way to make cash, by collecting catalogues, folding them up and delivering them. I found it time consuming, however it was great as I could do small parts of the job in my own time.
Pros
You can choose your own hours
Cons
A typical bundle of catalogues takes a long time to organise
worker beware
deliverer (Former Employee) –  melbourne18 April 2018
Salmat = puke pay.They are the modern day slavers with their lame slave tracking app..Avoid them and hopefully they will disappear.They try and fake how many people want their catalogues to keep clients.(Only 60 percent want them).
Pros
exercise
Cons
slave pay
great to kill time threw the days
Pamphlet Delivery (Current Employee) –  Whyalla SA18 April 2018
I really enjoy as it wipes out time quickly and its easy and fun to do. I get to meet others daily and it is great way to go for long walks while doing the deliveries.
Good excercise
Distributor of Leaflets (Former Employee) –  Wantirna South VIC14 April 2018
Yes at first I I really wondered what I was taking on but then I realised that it wouldn’t be that bad & I would actually get fit while I was doing it & also meet people to talk to while delivering the leaflets.
Pros
Could come home for lunch
Cons
Having to separate them into bundles.
Fun to work and easy to do
Catalogue Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Byford WA10 April 2018
I really liked working this job, but I worked this job when I was in year 6-7 so back in 2011, I haven't done it in a long time, but that year when I was working there I really liked delivering junk mail~
Pros
Easy to do, can take up to only 30 minutes
Cons
Repetitive
A Great workplace But!!!!!!!!!
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA7 April 2018
Salmat is a great place for other companies to get avitiving but the poor Distributor having to fold and deliver and each week is different cause same weeks has 10 jobs and then weeks with only 3 jobs.
Pros
Pay is Good
Cons
Long Hours
very good
Paper Delivery (Current Employee) –  Northbridge NSW28 March 2018
FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION - start date by mutual agreement
Great opportunity with one of Australia’s leading independent Catholic schools.
This is a dynamic, vibrant workplace where staff are highly valued and respected
Pros
cheese
Cons
bacon
Flexible work place
Part-time pamphlet delivery in the Richardson area (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 February 2018
This position allows you to learn self and time management skills, maintains physical activity and accountability and responsibility for delivering all the advertising material. The most challenging part of this job is the requirement to delivery regardless the weather.
Pros
flexible
Cons
weather
Productive work place
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD23 February 2018
The hardest part of the job was distributing catalogues. The most enjoyable part was the exercise whilst doing so. I learned how to manage time efficiently to balance school, work and life. A typical day was waking up early to deliver and also delivering late afternoon.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Filling a cup with a dripping tap.
Advertisement Distributor/Catalogue Distributions. (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT4 February 2018
The PAY for DISTRIBUTORS should certainly be RAISED.

Even a small pay increase would make turnover rate lower.
Delivering catalogues is harder work than some would assume.
It's tedious & labour intensive.
Pay is contractual.

Being a distributor does provide a form of income, however it isn't a great amount of money (in fact it's not really good money either).

Ideally, it's perfect if you have a car & want to get fit.
I would not recommend this as a full time or even part time job.
However, I would recommend it if you have some time on your hands & feel like seeing the neighbourhood.

An Employer - Just...
Pros
Fitness & Some form of achievement.
Cons
Pay is dismal, labour intensive for little pay.
Third world country pay
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  South Adelaide SA13 January 2018
I only delivered the catalogues for a couple of weeks before I realised the work to pay was ridiculously low. There's nothing hard about the work but I think my kids earn more money from the cans and bottles they collect for recycling. I'm not sure how people justify and accept the money they get from this work apart from the exercise. I think I'll just stick to collecting the can and bottles with my kids.
Pros
Good exercise
Cons
Self explanatory
Not worth your time for how much you get paid.
independent contributor (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 January 2018
I would spend a full day folding brochures and delivering them twice a week to be paid $50 for both days. really not worth the time for money, its good maybe if you have another job and just wanna make some extra cash but not good as your only income.
Fun , enjoyable
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Parkinson QLD12 December 2017
Fantastic place to work
Always loved the people i worked with
I learned alot of new skills and found the job to be challenging yet rewarding.
Staff were always helpful.
Pros
Great people
love it
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Durack NT5 December 2017
i love working with salmat i deliver around my home suburb its around a 7km walk which i enjoy. the catalogues get delivered to my door the day before then i am required to sort and wrap/fold into piles
fun workplace
Regional Area Manager - Northern Beaches (Former Employee) –  Prestons NSW30 November 2017
good culture, lots of good people. Management were very good to deal with. No typical day. Dealing with different clients and working with motivated people who wanted to make a difference.
Nice and quiet
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  Terranora NSW29 November 2017
It's a really nice job if you have nothing on your hands and have time to do all the folding of papers and things like that. You must have a car if you want to deliver all the things because there are always a of papers to carry around.
It was okay...
Independent Auditor (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 November 2017
Sometimes work did get difficult and annoying but it made me a living GPS. I now know my way around everywhere and I think it's hard for me to get lost.
A company that's in trouble
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW19 November 2017
Some good people at Salmat, sadly some of the worst senior management I've ever seen.

It's really split between people who think that junk mail is still a growing industry, and those who work in the contact or digital part.

They've acquired so many businesses and integrated them poorly it's a real mess.

There were 5 rounds of redundancies in the corporate part of the business in the 20 or so months I worked there, so job security is minimal.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Senior management, culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salmat. Our community is ready to answer.