Salmat Employee Reviews

salmat
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Tasmania3 June 2019
underpay, poor management, paid late. need an entire new system. wont listen to there employees and even argue with them, there app doesn't work correctly when delivering.
Pros
Would be better if you have a car
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC30 May 2019
Lots of organising, you can't miss a day, REALLY LOW pay, good if you like working from home and on your own. Not a lot of experience will be gained. --
Pros
Work in your own comfort space
Cons
Low pay
Pamphlet Deliverer pay too low
Pamphlet Delivery (Former Employee) –  Ringwood VIC6 May 2019
The area supervisor was pretty nice but she would want to be when she's basically handing out wages which in any other context would be illegal. - equivalent to about $8 - $10 per hour.

On the plus side you don't have to pay any tax on it.
Pros
It's a bit of extra cash that wont effect your benefit
Cons
It's like being a slave
A very physically demanding job that's not worth the pay
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 April 2019
The job involves delivering bundles or flyers (e.g 1700) over a two day periods to the local neighbourhood. For a physically demanding job, the pay is definitely not worth it.
Pros
Good walking exercise
Cons
Low salary
it was a bad work experience and management was lacking.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  2099 Dee Why NSW Australia21 April 2019
the job was awful and not fun the time it takes to sort the pamphlets is in between 6-7 hours with help from my mom I was delivering about 19 of the bundles and sometimes getting paid around $130 rarely on average I got $90 but when you add the 2-3 hour delivery time the $90 is below minimum wage so don't get a job at Salmat it may seem good but its not get any other job.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
it was terrible to work with the repesentitives
productive
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW17 April 2019
Salmat was an excellent workplace very professional and worked with an incredible team, salmat has tought me a lot of my experience from data entry, customer service
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 April 2019
I really enjoyed working at Salmat as it had a reasonable pay and i was very active being apart of this company. i learnt new things everyday which was a benefit for me
Don’t join this job you get treated like garbage
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 March 2019
This job is absolutely horrible you spend many hours collating wasting space in the house to earn the money that a homeless man earns in an hour the area reps treat u like dirt and it is an exhausting tiring work experience. For you’re own well-being please go work at macdonalds if u want a real job because this is not free money it’s free slave work
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Treated Like a slave, No money bonuses
Good exercise, fun delivering, however very time consuming folding all pamphlets.
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 March 2019
This is not a bad little job if you have plenty of time on your hands and don’t expect to get rich!
The more advertising pamphlets you do, the heavier the load to carry. However, the more you have also increases your earning capacity. Folding everything can take approx 5 -8 hours. Pay is roughly $4-6 per hour.
Great exercise, hours are flexible and most people you meet are friendly.
However the Area reps they employ seem to lack job knowledge, people skills and support. and in my case can treat you poorly. This actually ruined the job for me.
Pros
Exercise, flexible hours
Cons
Not great pay, no support, bad managers who don’t care about you!
Okay, if you have to do it
Postman (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA25 March 2019
it was hard work for such little money, but it was good exercise, the app, although sometimes useful, would NOT track the person correctly and would skip locations.
Salmat would not compensate for the time I put in without being paid. this has happened for three weeks now, and they haven't fixed it by now.
Pros
good exersice, requires very little skills to apply
Cons
llong hours, little pay
Good, simple job for a high school student
Advertising brochure distributor (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 March 2019
While delivering heavy bundles of 17 catalogues each during a stormy evening wasn't fun, I learnt skills in perseverance. As I was undergoing intensive high school study at the same time it also taught me time management and prioritisation skills.

The pay is adequate pocket money if you are in high school.

The staff are understanding if you aren't able to make a delivery for one week/end or a short period of time, as long as you notify them a week or a few days before they send you the catalogues to deliver.

Makes for good exercise.

Sometimes there are people who are rude to you for delivering to them, but ceasing their delivery should make them happy.
Pros
Easy to get the job, exercise, some pocket money, teaches valuable skills, good staff
Cons
Sometimes there are time consuming and heavy loads, the occasional rude person while you're delivering, pay isn't enough if you're not in high school
Not very enjoyable but a good first job.
Advertising material distributer (Former Employee) –  Park Orchards VIC19 March 2019
Not overly enjoyable and the process was tedious with inconvenient hours if you are at school the majority of the time, however a good first job with very good job security if you choose to keep working there.
Junk Mail Delivery very time consuming with low pay
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 March 2019
I took over the delivery from a neighbour to earn some money while I was between jobs. I did two deliveries per week, they each took about 4-5 hours to fold then another 2-3 hours to deliver, on average I committed about 14 hours per week and the pay was $3/hour sometimes slightly more up to $4/hr but sometimes as low as $2.50/hr. If you are doing it for fitness it sounds beneficial but you also have to sit for 10 hours a week folding brochures. This might suit a young high school student who doesn't need much money. The schedule is also quite restricting so between that and the pay i left.
Pros
Exercise, good for young kids
Cons
Pay, effort, schedule
Pretty good
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Mona Vale NSW18 March 2019
Was a good job for an early high school student, flexible and didn't require much effort. Really only 2 afternoons a week of delivering magazines and catalogues throughout the neighbourhood for a quick dollar.
Too much work for too little pay
Pamphlet Delivery (Former Employee) –  Sunbury VIC13 March 2019
Honestly there is a reason why they have a high turn over rate for delivering pamphlets, because it's terrible. long hours , little pay , but if there is anything positive it is exercise but it is rather boring the whole affair
Pros
free exercise
Cons
Long hours, little pay
Good for a kid.
Distributor (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT9 March 2019
As a kid you usually have to wait until birthday or Christmas to get what you want but with salmut I've been able to buy lots of stuff that really enjoy however you have to be really dedicated to doing it as it can be very tiring at times. You also definitely couldn't live off of it.
Pros
Fitness and pay
Cons
Tiring boring and hard
easy fun job
Paper Deliver (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 February 2019
i like this job because it is very flexible and pays well. i like walking and meeting my local community the staff are friendly and its overall a fun job
Pros
flexible
Cons
ok pay
Decent
Distributor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 January 2019
It's ok with reasonable pay and flexible work time. However, I dont believe it to be worth the effort as delivering dialogues can be extremely tiring.
Pros
flexible work time
Cons
exhausting
Did your own work.
Pamphlet Disputer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 January 2019
I delivered panthers, I picked my hours and how much I worked. The money wasn't chosen by me, I had to have what they supplied. The money didn't end up being enough to support me.
Flexible working
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 January 2019
Fun culture and flexible working but very demanding and unrealistic targets combined with low pay and lack of job security results in high employee turnover.