Salmat Employee Reviews

Not very enjoyable but a good first job.
Advertising material distributer (Former Employee) –  Park Orchards VIC19 March 2019
Not overly enjoyable and the process was tedious with inconvenient hours if you are at school the majority of the time, however a good first job with very good job security if you choose to keep working there.
Junk Mail Delivery very time consuming with low pay
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 March 2019
I took over the delivery from a neighbour to earn some money while I was between jobs. I did two deliveries per week, they each took about 4-5 hours to fold then another 2-3 hours to deliver, on average I committed about 14 hours per week and the pay was $3/hour sometimes slightly more up to $4/hr but sometimes as low as $2.50/hr. If you are doing it for fitness it sounds beneficial but you also have to sit for 10 hours a week folding brochures. This might suit a young high school student who doesn't need much money. The schedule is also quite restricting so between that and the pay i left.
Pros
Exercise, good for young kids
Cons
Pay, effort, schedule
Pretty good
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Mona Vale NSW18 March 2019
Was a good job for an early high school student, flexible and didn't require much effort. Really only 2 afternoons a week of delivering magazines and catalogues throughout the neighbourhood for a quick dollar.
Too much work for too little pay
Pamphlet Delivery (Former Employee) –  Sunbury VIC13 March 2019
Honestly there is a reason why they have a high turn over rate for delivering pamphlets, because it's terrible. long hours , little pay , but if there is anything positive it is exercise but it is rather boring the whole affair
Pros
free exercise
Cons
Long hours, little pay
Good for a kid.
Distributor (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT9 March 2019
As a kid you usually have to wait until birthday or Christmas to get what you want but with salmut I've been able to buy lots of stuff that really enjoy however you have to be really dedicated to doing it as it can be very tiring at times. You also definitely couldn't live off of it.
Pros
Fitness and pay
Cons
Tiring boring and hard
easy fun job
Paper Deliver (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 February 2019
i like this job because it is very flexible and pays well. i like walking and meeting my local community the staff are friendly and its overall a fun job
Pros
flexible
Cons
ok pay
Decent
Distributor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 January 2019
It's ok with reasonable pay and flexible work time. However, I dont believe it to be worth the effort as delivering dialogues can be extremely tiring.
Pros
flexible work time
Cons
exhausting
Did your own work.
Pamphlet Disputer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 January 2019
I delivered panthers, I picked my hours and how much I worked. The money wasn't chosen by me, I had to have what they supplied. The money didn't end up being enough to support me.
Flexible working
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 January 2019
Fun culture and flexible working but very demanding and unrealistic targets combined with low pay and lack of job security results in high employee turnover.
Not worth the time or money
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  New South Wales10 January 2019
It may seem like an attractive position at first, don't be fooled. The job is not worth applying as it is not worth the time and effort required for the position, the wages are also very low and the work environment is very stressful and sometimes dangerous. Salmat does not even consider you an employee or the position as a job, it is a "hobby" according to them, ha ha. You have to fold the leaflets once they have arrived at your door (normally occurs twice a week); which takes hours and then you have to deliver them to your allocated area which takes about an hour to complete. There can also be hazards when delivering, I regularly faced aggressive dogs and unsavory characters and annoying children on top of the stress of the job and the weather. I have felt scared for my life at times as I delivered in a rough neighbourhood - this takes a mental toll on you after a while. The bags that you need to carry for delivery can also be very heavy and leave bruises on your shoulder that won't go away. Overall, avoid this job, the only upside I can see is that it will make you thinner.
honest work, good pay
Catalogue Distributor (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS10 January 2019
working at salmat is a very good opportunity to earn a decent amount of money. walking can be a challenge and it's up to you to figure out the best way to go forth but if you're persistent and can carry a load its a really good pick. the supervisors are very lenient and understand that things come up all of a sudden and that really helped me through alot of my months. overall salmat is good for anyone who has spare time and is honest
Flexible work environment
Excellent time management (Former Employee) –  Tannum Sands QLD6 January 2019
This was a beneficial first job for me as it allowed me to develop skills in a flexible work environment with minimum pressure. The company was well organised and comforting throughout my time there
alright for short term work but not worth the money
Paper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Busselton WA5 January 2019
this job is not for a long term thing. its best for short term to get some money. they need to give a place to return the papers not used as they give double the amount. the hardest part of the job is to group all the papers.
Pros
work on your time
Cons
takes so long for not much money
A good way to teach myself self regulation
Paper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 January 2019
The Job was completely up to me to regulate by Sorting, Folding, Packing and Delivering the papers to specific house in the route specified by my supervisor.
Great place to work to save some cash while still in school
Paper Route (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW30 December 2018
Salmat was a great job which provided benefits such as flexible hours. The pay was not that great but it was a handy job if you wanted to get some extra cash
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low wage
Good first job for students.
Leaflet Distributor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 December 2018
Good first job. Flexible distribution roster. Supervisor responsive. Good exercise while you earn money but distribution could be difficult when raining.
was a different expirence
Salmat distribution (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 November 2018
learned to mange money and time the hardest part of the job was probably walking and delivering the pamphlets but was like i said in the summary quite a different expirence to have and had
Pros
good money wise
Cons
took forever to deliver
It was a good first job.
Pamphlet Delivery (Former Employee) –  Avalon Beach NSW18 November 2018
I learnt a lot about time management delivering pamphlet each week and overall it was a good experience. This was a good first job and it was fun to talk to people each time I delivered a pamphlet.
Pros
Learnt time managment, talking to locals
Cons
Lots of time sorting through the pamphlets and some weeks very little pay
You become hardworking
DISTRIBUTOR (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 November 2018
When working as a distributor for Salmat, you can gain quiet a muscle... I actually enjoyed working there, since the job helps to become stronger and it provides you with the so necessary weekly physical activity! Even though sorting the brochures out and putting them inside of each other can be boring, you can just do it in front of TV.
Pros
You become stronger
Cons
Can be hard
Consistant work
Catalog Distributor (Current Employee) –  South Australia12 November 2018
Retatively flexible hours of work over 3 days which is a good amount of time to get the cataloges folded and packed ready for delivery. the area of delivery is convenint and easy to find.