Salmat
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Salmat Employee Reviews

this is definitely not the job for you if you have a lot going on but i did enjoy my time working with salmat. i found it quite relaxing rolling the newspapers and it was great that they got delivered to your house so you didn’t have to pick them up yourselves. the part i didn’t like was the delivering. for one, it is almost impossible to do the deliveries without a car as you can only carry around 50 newspapers in one trolly and would have to do multiple trips from your house to the area you have been assigned. it also takes a long time alone. i was 12 when i started and had my mum help me with half which was better. i ended up quitting after only a couple of months because winter started and it was too cold and too wet. the pay is also not good at all. the pay differs on how big the area is because you get payed per newspaper/house. but it was relaxing rolling them and could also be relaxing delivering them if you had headphones and a car.
Cons
LONG hours
I did it for a month and the amount of time and poor pay is not worth it. I would sometimes be given 12 catalogues to fold together. This would take ages to fold for 350 houses. The management was fine but the pay and labour required was not worth it. It's okay for the first week but then gets over the top when your constantly tied up with it and no time for anything else. If you have stuff on during the week do not do this. It took around 10 hours a week to finish all of the folding and delivering. And you only getting paid about $50.
Pros
if you have heaps of time on your hands
Cons
Labour Intensive, Under paid
With management having most control whenever there is an issue you have to contact them. Sometimes this response can take a long time and therefore miss your allocated time to complete the contract
Was stressful to balance with school, and had no license at the time. Would be a good job for someone who wants to exercise as well as make money.....
Pros
In ur own time
Cons
Stressful
this is not worth the the amount of work for the amount you get paid. I have just sent in a resignation letter already because it is basically slave labor and i had to get my parents involve and they had to spend there valuable time helping me when they had a business to run
Pros
There are no pros at all
Cons
underpaid, long hours, stressful
weekend shifts, but you has to make all the panflits yourself. took ages. the people weren't kind. i was sore from bending over 24/7 and from walking around a few blocks to deliver it every week.
Pros
Cons
all
I averaged at $2.5 per hours as a 15 year old years ago. This is slave labour Should be reported to the Ato, praying on young kids that should have minimum wage from $11 per hour plus benefits
a typical day at work was, folding and organising the papers and preparing for deliveries. then delivering them to surrounding community. the managment was great, by boss was lovely
Folding the various catalogs is a pain. Very low pay. Area rep is hostile and rude. Overall the only pro about this job is the physical exercise. Would give this company “0” stars if I could .
With Salmat you work remotely by delivering the papers to your designated area. The people in charge are very laid back and casual about how you work, All that they want is for you to complete the job on time.
Very good company to work for . Help support is supplied. Great management. Staffing is awesome. I really loved working for this company . Training was supplied.
excellent culture and innovative management team, great career opportunities and access to executive management team and board. was able to make some great connections.
I enjoyed working at Salmat because it has given me a chance to contribute to society. The best part of the job is the actual delivery of catalogues in the area assigned because there is a lot of walking involved. The least favourite part of the job is probably sorting the catalogues before delivery as it can get quite tedious to compile them.
I was a good early job from 14 - 17, it was relaxed and the pay was ok for a person that age and allowed me to save up some money before turning 18. After that another job would be better.
Salmat is a thriving company with very flexible hours, the job is not very challenging it is just time consuming. I would recommend this job for kids who are looking to start earning money.
If you want to stay fit and earn money, delivering papers for Salmat is a great way to do both. Though pay can be very different each delivery and deliveries are only once a week.
Pros
no pros
Cons
pay isnt stable
While it was good experience for a first job, the amount of pay for the amount of hours put in to work is not worthwhile. I believe that this job is a better fit for people who are unable to work in a typical job, and would like to earn a small amount of money working at home and getting some exercise. I have heard of families getting involved with it as a team effort, but the pay is total for each job, so the more people involved, the less pay for each person.
When I bought up concerns about loose dogs in the area I got told to basically suck it up. The 'pay' is not worth it for the amount of labour that goes into folding and delivering.
Didn't even get to start the job. My first delivery involved 9 catalogues for 250 houses. To put that in perspective for you, over 400kg worth of paper. Not only is that absolutely illegal, I tried to explain this to the supervisor and she spoke to me like I was the crazy one! She expected me to deliver 400kg+ of paper to 250 houses for like $40 bucks. It would have taken me probably 2 full days! Absolutely borderline slavelabour. I feel like I should report them or something!
Pros
Cons
Rude personal, rubbish pay, illegal practises
You'd have to fold pieces of paper, sometimes 8 pieces, and then have to deliver them to a certain street. It certainly gets heavy. If you're very fit, or have a lot of time on you hands, I'd recommend this job.
Good first job to have. Great opportunity for advancement. Relaxed culture. Decent pay. Great support from management and continuous cross-training provided