Salsa's Fresh Mex Grill

Salsa's Fresh Mex Grill Employee Reviews

Australia53 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

food is great! would recommend!

first get to work,open store, prep food, make food and greet customers and then serve. The store was clean and tidy. The staff was very friendly and easy to get along with.The employers need to be more organised and work together using communication cause there was a big lack of that but otherwise food was good and place was clean.

Pros

working with people

Cons

short hours

Salsa's is one of the worst places i've ever worked at. Not worth it.

The owner is one of the rudest people I have ever met. I should have never accepted this position if I knew how much trauma this place was going to give me. They scare off customers with their behaviour. They want everything to be done "fast" but refuse to teach the job properly. Only a few good staff that help make the time enjoyable. The owner even called me "dummy" because I was new and did not know how to do certain tasks. They would complain when I would ask for help. I am so glad I left this place because I love my new job.

Pros

Free meal, Flexible working hours

Cons

complain a lot about new staff and horrible manager.

Terrible management and unfair work ethic

The management was unorganised and lacked communication with their employees as rosters were sometimes not given until a night before and most of the time employees were kept in the dark, especially if you were casual. The workplace was not progressive and was unfair towards new/younger people. The only pro for the job included the friendly coworkers and getting 50% off food when you have a shift

Cons

Management, communication, work ethic, progression

Do not recommend working here

I worked for this company for 3.5 years and it was the worst job experience I have had. We got paid minimum wage and were treated very unfairly by the store owner. They also ask to give them notice for when you want to take time off but then would try and force you to work even given notice. Shifts were only given a day notice before the shift or sometime less. Complaints were also made to the head quarters of the store company and nothing was changed.

Pros

50% discount while working

Cons

Terrible work environment, bad hours, yelled at for taking time off

Awful

Was full of extremely toxic people that did not care for you. Both within your store/other stores and head office would tell you they listened to your issues but never followed through with the solutions. Never trust anyone here. Sent me on multiple mental breakdowns almost ending in hospitalisation due to stress and no help was available. Lots of bullying happening and can’t trust retail zoo HR. Please do not work here if you have the chance

Pros

Nil

There was always something to do. There was never a dull moment or a time where I wanted the day to be over. You can always hand out samples, prepare food ingredients, restock bottles and other things. The other COworkers were very helpful and extremely nice.

Stressful, mentally draining.

Super stressful workplace, I had expectations to run the store although I wasn’t a manager and was not being paid extra to do all the required tasks. Made me mentally drained and exhausted. I had health issues and didn’t even have the chance to get it checked out until I had left the company.

Product fun place to work

I had a good time being on salsa's grilled mix the people I work with was good and fun to work with. It's easy to communicate with the head office, customer that we have are all nice and easy to remember

Productive work environment

Great staff members and good management. Good hours, well organized. Got to learn new skills and great knowledge of hospitality. always room to learn more and gain more knowledge.

productive and fun

Salsas is a very friendly and welcoming work place where everyone gets along well and works even better as a team. Everyone does their own part in their job but also helps others. Working at Salsas is a work experience everyone should experience. It is a great workplace for young people looking for their first job to have a excellent experience in their career path.

Pros

nice people

Great place to learn how to prepare, cook, and handle food, and gain experience in a team.

A typical day at Salsa's would be getting there in the morning, preparing all the food and making sure it's delicious for the customers, and then cook it on order and present it to the customer. I learned things like communication, food safety, food presentation, cleanliness, etc. The management was very supportive and helpful. They would often give you lots of feedback and offer you advice when or where needed. The culture and environment in the workplace was very upbeat and we would all work together as a team and gets things done quickly and efficiently. The hardest part of the job was sometimes when it got busy and you would have to stay very organised and keep a cool head. But the most enjoyable part about working at Salsa's was the awesome team I got to work with and constantly learn and improve my abilities in a fun, character building job!

Pros

Discounted meals and flexible working hours.

Cons

mostly a casual basis for workers

My first job

This was my real first job, it was a great taste into what it means to work and learn. Each shift, I would normally jump straight into working and always had something new to learn. I learnt how to be decisive, focused and prepared. I was working under 2 different managements; first was very welcoming and comfortable to work under. Second was more strict yet organised. I struggled with the location of the job due to the distance of my home and the re-occurring traffic especially at peak times. I loved the new people I met from the job and the new standards I made for employment.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Empty store sometimes = no work

Good workplace to test communication and team work skills at such a high pace job. Though will get you bored sometimes. Hardest part is cleaning because some team leaders don't help clean and all the workload gets put onto the team member.

Pros

Develop skills

Cons

Low pay

A great learning experience

working here taught me how to work in a fast paced environment, deal with different attitudes from customers, the importance of 'there's always something to do', how to manage time with food preparation and the skills for opening and closing the store.

Pros

learnt good work skills

Cons

constantly get food stuck in the grooves on the soles of your shoes

Employees were fun but management wasnt great

people were great but the bosses at the time had no interest in training their employees. those people dont work there anymore. hours were good and i got alot of shifts in the holidays.

Salsas Fresh Mex Parramatta

Very friendly environment and owners easier to deal with. Good pay as per the award and enough hours rostered in a week. Owners are very proactive and always willing to help.

Pros

Colleagues and work environment

Cons

Always busy h

Fun workplace

My workplace is very clean in the morning. I greet customers. I learn a lot of different things each day. Management is is great. Easy to get along with.

Fun workplace

I found working at salsas to be a fun place to work out with great employees and staff. But i found what did become confusing was the change of store manager

Fast paced

It was a pretty fast paced environment and they expect you to pick it up quickly. I didn't really recieve a lot of training before I was put on by myself.

Productive and fun work place.

At my time as Salsa's, i learnt new skills everyday such as; customer service, kitchen hand skills etc. A typical day at Salsa's consists of fun and laughter but when required, my team was determined to make sales and worked hard, and to the best of their ability. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make customers happy with the food you present before them. I enjoy people and i love customer service so working at the register was my favourite part of the job.

Pros

discounts

Fun workplace

Easy going yet very intense sometimes with great people to work with and good food. I am new so only have 3 or 4 hour shifts but its always fun. Hardest part would be annoying customers with odd requests or complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salsa's Fresh Mex Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Salsa's Fresh Mex Grill
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?