Salvos Stores
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Salvos Stores Employee Reviews

Australia132 reviews
a typical day at work. intense training. what you learned. my eyes. management. strong. workplace culture. strong. the hardest part of the job. putting the glass in the bin. the most enjoyable part of the job. onsite training.
Pros
Free munchies.
Cons
No time to go to the toilet, no time to eat, no security cameras, no good direction or supervision, no option for development. The salary of managers is really low for the work they do. Salaries are not assigned according to the size and amount of work of each store. Managers of a big store and with a big volume of work are paid the same than managers of a small store. (experience in Brisbane)

I believe that if you are a good worker and you help a Business to make millions of dollars, you should be rewarded or motivated at least. I know how new managers have been hired for a lot more money than the managers who have been working there for a long time. why? , no idea, friends, family members, who knows. The situation seems really unfair.
Pros
A discount for items to buy
Cons
work Saturdays for the same money
Learned to clean and organise furniture, objects and clothing. Friendly to new staff and customers....................................................
Being a volenteer worker at the salvo store in Toukley I have found it to be a very Productive and fun workplace , with truely caring and kind people to be around these people are willing to help in any way they are able to.
Salvos is good place to start up as volunteer, staff and management are good. It is fast paced with many activities from inquiries, collecting the donated items, cleaning, checking the quality ,pricing and presentation.
Multitasking is required with good customer care experience.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
Multiple tasking when less employees.
I was a volunteer with the salvos and the work was varied, interesting, the people I associated with were friendly and helpful and the customers although being divisive were friendly, interesting and relaxed. I enjoyed the placement and the company. There were no hard parts in the position.
Pros
Good finds
Cons
would highly recommend to younger people who are looking to gather new skills and learn about the insides of a workplace ive gotten alot of new skills from salvos so highly recommended its a real fun place
A typical day has lots to be done, to keep the store in check as well as to interact and deliver the best customer services to customers. Organisation is a very essential factor when helping to run the store. The hardest part of the job is to do nothing if you are ever stationed at one particular position, with no customers around and cannot move too far from your spot. The most enjoyable part is communicating with everyone around you to make sure everyone has a great time there, whether they decide to purchase something or not.
good to gain work experience to find other jobs but not enough to sustain yourself or family. there is a nice work environment that is relaxed and slow paced. you have to be pretty social to be happy working here.
Management and upper management don't particularly care about their most of their staff members, I feel they play favourites alot. I would like to see better management and maybe better working conditions for their staff and volunteers. No chance to really progress further into a career unless your well liked. Staff discount is good.
fantastic atmosphere, cooperative staff , everyone is happy to help there .
its not a stressful job , u can work in peaceful manner, management is awesome.
1. I learned Customer Service techies, price tags, counting stock, filling the boxes in the items.
2. Nice working culture.

3. Good Management system

4. I really enjoyed be a part of the Salvos team.
Work environment can be very challenging and is changing every single day.
I Love working in customer service and management and for me is not hard I enjoy every single day.

working for charity is very rewarding and makes me feel very good knowing I am helping others in need and have a job to.
It was a good experience, had a great boss and good work collenges
I learnt a lot. hours suited me I worked for the doll, I worked 3 days a week from 8am -3pm
Good workplace and good communication skills and feel like a family with the staff and customers including on busy days and weeks.
Getting to catch up seeing old friends.
I am a True volunteer, I don't get paid, I didn't have a interview, I work three days a week, I started there because I am on Centrelink benefits, I would recommend people to work there
Not enough hours. The entire culture of the salvos is not what you think. As as casual you get tossed around like a rag doll and are expected to know everything right off the bat, and if you don't perform like a god your first time at a different store the manager will never call you back despite the fact you're new. Look elsewhere for work.
The day was dependent on the number of people who donated on how bossy you were and how many trucks were dropping off and picking up must days it was busy
The Salvos was good but in pay work I'm happy happy had work experience and resume thanks Salvos I'm not working anymore at Salvos I did work placesment
Productive and fun workplace
Great Management

Great team environment

They are understanding if some days you are unable to volunteer

Good place to gain work experience
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay
Through this job, I was able to work with a variety of people from different places and backgrounds which I found very enjoyable. I like how I am able to take jobs on and do them at my own pace.