Salvos Stores
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Salvos Stores Management reviews

Australia133 reviews
a typical day at work. intense training. what you learned. my eyes. management. strong. workplace culture. strong. the hardest part of the job. putting the glass in the bin. the most enjoyable part of the job. onsite training.
Pros
Free munchies.
Cons
treated as just a number which is very sad as this is supposed to be a very caring charity. On the charity it is only by name for tax purposes and definitely would not give or donate anything to this company.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Salvos is good place to start up as volunteer, staff and management are good. It is fast paced with many activities from inquiries, collecting the donated items, cleaning, checking the quality ,pricing and presentation.
Multitasking is required with good customer care experience.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
Multiple tasking when less employees.
Management and upper management don't particularly care about their most of their staff members, I feel they play favourites alot. I would like to see better management and maybe better working conditions for their staff and volunteers. No chance to really progress further into a career unless your well liked. Staff discount is good.
fantastic atmosphere, cooperative staff , everyone is happy to help there .
its not a stressful job , u can work in peaceful manner, management is awesome.
1. I learned Customer Service techies, price tags, counting stock, filling the boxes in the items.
2. Nice working culture.

Good Management system
4. I really enjoyed be a part of the Salvos team.
Work environment can be very challenging and is changing every single day.
I Love working in customer service and management and for me is not hard I enjoy every single day.
working for charity is very rewarding and makes me feel very good knowing I am helping others in need and have a job to.
Not enough hours. The entire culture of the salvos is not what you think. As as casual you get tossed around like a rag doll and are expected to know everything right off the bat, and if you don't perform like a god your first time at a different store the manager will never call you back despite the fact you're new. Look elsewhere for work.
Productive and fun workplace
Great Management
Great team environment
They are understanding if some days you are unable to volunteer

Good place to gain work experience
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Salvos Stores?
Productive and fun workplace
Great Management
Great team environment
They are understanding if some days you are unable to volunteer

Good place to gain work experience
Work for the dole
the people who work in Morley WA store are nasty people and lazy gossips who have nothing better to do then make those who are working for the dole lives feel like lower then them never came across more rude of people then at this store never ever.
Forget how I was treated here horrible
The stress of having to deal with picky customers, stress of meeting high budget targets. Sorting through terrible donations and trying to deter customers donating rubbish. The thrill of finding something that a customer is after and making someone smile who has had a rough time. Some weeks have a lot of work as a casual other weeks can be fairly lean.
Pros
Everyday is different
Cons
Dealing with management and donations and some customers and limited staff
Love working with the other volunteers in the workplace and we get along well. Most regular customers I get along well with and I have been there so long I pretty much know the store like the back of my hand.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Hard to have a break in the staff room
I enjoy working at Salvos Stores as I have a great team of people to work with.
My days are varied with many different tasks to complete.

The overall management of the store is fantastic without the micro managing of the staff,
I love helping people to find not only the necessities that are required but also the little treasures that we have in stock.
Never go here for anything. I worked here I trusted the people. They betrayed my trust and broke my heart. I'll never forgive Salvos for how I was treated. Don't shop here, don't volunteer here, just go somewhere else.
Pros
Making "friends"
Cons
The friends are a lie no one there really cares about you
No respect shown to volunteers by manager and female staff members. Over priced on almost everything they sell including furniture. Female staff member returning next week after being dismissed for bullying another staff member and reducing her to tears. Everything was covered up, even though the camers would have captured everything. These people think that it is a real army....but in fact its a sham.
Pros
Air conditioned
Cons
Everything else.
Good customer relations
Good management
Good employees
Was a nice place to work and i was sad that i had to leave because of a Health problem

Would go back to working for them without hesitation
Pros
Can set work times
I was disgusted with my treatment as a volunteer doing work for the dole, the magement rude and threatening and told I was trying to avoid work by faking a back injury. READ MY FULL REVIEW at the AUEWU!
Pros
Interesting customers & stock
Cons
Poor treatment as a volunteer, good items thrown out!
Store managers must meet monthly sales targets and all levels of management from store level as well as area managers, regional managers etc,all the way up to CEO receive monthly bonuses if sales targets are met. Never attempt to speak up about any dishonesty within senior management as you will be immediately DELETED from this organisation.
Pros
There are some beautiful retail assistants as well as volunteers who are very genuine.
Cons
Please read review
Management was great at the store I worked at, and there were a lot of really cool people to work with. Job wasn't too stressful and management were never pushy or rude.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Volunteer work so no pay
Although the staff and volunteers are great to work with, the area managers are very difficult and at times bully the managers to make their budgets. Companies ethics and values are below standard and most of the time profits are put before people.
Pros
Meeting some beautiful team members and customers.
Cons
Bullying culture exists within this company.