Salvos Stores Management reviews

Has its ups and downs
Shop associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 June 2019
The stress of having to deal with picky customers, stress of meeting high budget targets. Sorting through terrible donations and trying to deter customers donating rubbish. The thrill of finding something that a customer is after and making someone smile who has had a rough time. Some weeks have a lot of work as a casual other weeks can be fairly lean.
Pros
Everyday is different
Cons
Dealing with management and donations and some customers and limited staff
Very productive employer with a great workplace culture and friendly, accepting staff.
Production/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gepps Cross, Adelaide, SA24 February 2019
I enjoy working at Salvos Stores as I have a great team of people to work with.
My days are varied with many different tasks to complete.
The overall management of the store is fantastic without the micro managing of the staff,
I love helping people to find not only the necessities that are required but also the little treasures that we have in stock.
Betrayed
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Kiama NSW20 February 2019
Never go here for anything. I worked here I trusted the people. They betrayed my trust and broke my heart. I'll never forgive Salvos for how I was treated. Don't shop here, don't volunteer here, just go somewhere else.
Pros
Making "friends"
Cons
The friends are a lie no one there really cares about you
Terrible place to work
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  South Nowra23 January 2019
No respect shown to volunteers by manager and female staff members. Over priced on almost everything they sell including furniture. Female staff member returning next week after being dismissed for bullying another staff member and reducing her to tears. Everything was covered up, even though the camers would have captured everything. These people think that it is a real army....but in fact its a sham.
Pros
Air conditioned
Cons
Everything else.
A nice place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kwinana WA12 December 2018
Good customer relations
Good management
Good employees
Was a nice place to work and i was sad that i had to leave because of a Health problem
Would go back to working for them without hesitation
Pros
Can set work times
Do not volunteer here!
VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Mount Barker SA26 September 2018
I was disgusted with my treatment as a volunteer doing work for the dole, the magement rude and threatening and told I was trying to avoid work by faking a back injury. READ MY FULL REVIEW at the AUEWU!
Pros
Interesting customers & stock
Cons
Poor treatment as a volunteer, good items thrown out!
Please read below
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 September 2018
Store managers must meet monthly sales targets and all levels of management from store level as well as area managers, regional managers etc,all the way up to CEO receive monthly bonuses if sales targets are met. Never attempt to speak up about any dishonesty within senior management as you will be immediately DELETED from this organisation.
Pros
There are some beautiful retail assistants as well as volunteers who are very genuine.
Cons
Please read review
Nice workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Smithfield SA18 August 2018
Management was great at the store I worked at, and there were a lot of really cool people to work with. Job wasn't too stressful and management were never pushy or rude.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Volunteer work so no pay
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 July 2018
Although the staff and volunteers are great to work with, the area managers are very difficult and at times bully the managers to make their budgets. Companies ethics and values are below standard and most of the time profits are put before people.
Pros
Meeting some beautiful team members and customers.
Cons
Bullying culture exists within this company.
OK place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canning Vale WA8 July 2018
Not much to say as a volunteer.
A food team helping each other out
Learned a lot about setting up a shop, using a till, pricing items, sorting items, cycling items out to the warehouse.
Pros
Free coffee and biscuits, staff discounts on goods
Cons
Unpaid position, strange decisions by management, disposal of items that "may encourage sin"
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteering while looking for work (Current Employee) –  Wodonga VIC30 May 2018
This is a volunteer job only until I find either part time or full time work and there is a great team to work with. The management is fantastic as well.
Overall a good place to learn basic Retail Skills
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA24 January 2018
Mainly a fun place to work if the store you work in is a good fit for you. The management can be very inflexible at times If you were to get an interview with these people make sure you understand what they are looking for in an employee. Mainly a happy place to work overall the most enjoyable part of the job was when you get a good store to work in it can be worth it's weight in gold .

This is my review of Salvos Stores
Pros
If you get a good Store to work in it is worth it's weight in gold
Cons
No flexibiltiy when wanting to change hours
Good place to learn basic skills.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Munno Para SA15 January 2018
Easy to get the store going in the morning and easy to close up. I learnt how to use a cash register and eftpos machine. General store duties of customer service and cleaning. Management was good to work with. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy as sometimes there were too many staff and not much work. Most enjoyable part was seeing new donations come into store and bought by someone who really need it. Overall it was a good place to learn new skills.
Great team, positive work environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Malaga WA19 November 2017
The management and staff are fantastic people. They know their stock and treat everyone with courtesy, respect and friendliness.

The management were more than happy to train me up within a few short weeks, ensuring that I picked up skills quickly and correctly. They provided me with the support to make sure that any personal 'glitches' were quickly ironed out and I was able to perform all duties accurately and comfortably.
Pros
Positive work atmosphere
Friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Brunswick VIC30 May 2017
My time at the Salvos Sydney raod store was pleasant if uneventful. The management were for the most part very considerate and welcoming. I gained skills in store upkeep, pricing policies and stock management.
Interesting and fun place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 April 2017
No two days the same. Finding treasure in donations. Job satisfaction from raising funds for those in need. Upper management forgets the salvation army ethos at times, but the volunteers make up for that with their passion for life, others and desire to help
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Dirty donations
Salvos Stores was a great working environment working with wonderful people
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW26 January 2017
Salvos stores was a great place to learn my skills in sales and to work with others .
During my time with the store i trained in the field of Front Line management which taught me all aspects of customer service requirements how to deal with all areas of policy and procedures ,sales techniques to improve the quality of sales ,training staff ,store rosters and daily store planning in all a pleasure to be part of .
Pros
Meeting amazing people and watching the company grow
Cons
theft and massive clean ups of waste
productive and fun enviornment
Salvation army (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 January 2017
A very fun friendly environment with good support. on and off fast paced work and very good management. I learnt to sort out the toys, jewelry and setting thing out around the shop
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Hot or cold days
i am a hard worker, fast learner,
Cash Register Operator (Former Employee) –  Noosa Heads QLD29 December 2016
i am looking for a easy going job so i dont need to rely on the doll and help support my son i have a 5month old baby boy but that wont stop me working i have the full support of my parents i really want to help people and most of all my son
Cons
as long as you need me
Positive and progressive workplace.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Geelong VIC16 June 2016
Friendly and enjoyable workplace, co-workers and management make a sometimes difficult job easier to deal with in a team focused operation. Learning to deal with difficult customers is a real challenge that i find very rewarding when i can satisfy their needs.
Pros
Positive feedback from satisfied customers.
Cons
Sometimes you have to deal with customers who steal stock.