Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 6,659 reviews
Great place to work for "tech heads"
Studio Experience Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 March 2019
A typical day at work starts with store set up & clean, then customers start to come through the store that have been booked in for various triage reasons which have to be resolved by on the spot so being resourceful and having the ability to troubleshoot on the fly are essential. The most enjoyable parts of the job is being constantly exposed to the latest and greatest mobile technology that Samsung has to offer.
Pros
Being constantly exposed to the latest and greatest mobile technology that Samsung has to offer.
Cons
Being linked to chat apps which you are expected to be across at all times, regardless of your employment hours or whereabouts, for example being on holidays
great brand poor culture.
Channel Marketing (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 February 2019
no real career progression or ability to execute role without HQ dictating everything. Great brand presence of course. staff feel overworked and no real collaboration across teams
Pros
brand, staff sales, events
Cons
no career development plan, poor culture, no freedom, red tape.
Good products
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  South Australia17 September 2018
products were great, work was okay. management was questionable. Personally I wouldn't go back. nepotism is rife and you will get moved to make way for others.
National account manager
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW3 July 2018
I think overall Samsung is an ok place to work, it pays reasonably and the product sells, however there are departments so littered with toxic ethics and male dominated values that as a women it was unbearable to work there.

I would really recommend thinking twice about taking a job at Samsung if you are a woman, have an opinion or would like to make a contribution as it will likely be quashed or dismissed.
Pros
The brand
Cons
As above
good
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chatswood NSW29 May 2018
It has an incredibly strong culture for a company that is growing as quickly as it is. Collaboration cross-team is critical, encouraged, and motivating when serving customers and helping others complete theirs.
good place to work and good brand
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 January 2018
company is good but the job security and pay are really low. learning wise not much to gain in terms of carer progression.
job and personal life balance is very less.
Pros
brand, profile
Cons
job security, salsry
Great place to work in with good work life balance
Accounts/ Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 August 2017
Good place with typical Korean culture style working environment.

Less room for growth as most of the departments are outsourced to different companies and are not managed by Samsung and therefore resulting in less room for growth.

Benefits vary across the company as outsourced employees are not given the same benefits as employees on company payroll.

Multicultural environment and good place to practice sports and keep healthy.
Pros
Casual Fridays and monthly activity days
Cons
Typical Korean culture
Casual
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 July 2017
I was in this job shortly as a casual though the job didnt provide much help for my life. The jobs i like enable me to make cognitive decisions and learn more.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Heavy
Productive and fun workplace
DIGITAL SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 June 2017
Plenty of room for professional growth. Great team morale and team building exercises. Very friendly staff. Management are always looking to improve both personal skills and team performance.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners on occasion.
Cons
Na
Fast paced & Innovative
Rebate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney Olympic Park4 May 2017
Busy & Fast paced working place;
Learned a lot by communicating internally and externally;
Learned to do multiple-tasks and set priority;
Open & Transparent working culture
Pros
Onsite parking
Cons
Long working hours
Terrible practices
Full time salary (Former Employee) –  Fortitude Valley QLD26 April 2017
I was made redundant as management relocated. They advised they would move me with them and then made me redundant. While I was waiting to be moved to the new location with everyone else, I was managing a small team of 5.
Pros
Sometimes there was free cake
Cons
money, inconvenience
Great work life
BRAND AMBASSADOR / Sales Associate. (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW20 April 2017
I cover 22 stores electronics stores at present.

A typical day would involve traveling between 2-4 stores per day while merchandising and training RSPs on my brands products.

Building rapport with key RSPs and management is a key strategy in gaining the most market share possible.

Communicating with Business account managers and state manager on a daily basis.

Work place culture is fun and creative. Being able to communicate with so many different and diverse RSPs and people with my brand has been a key ingredient into my career with Samsung Electronics.

Hardest part of the job is not knowing where I will be on a daily/weekly basis as it is always changing depending on the business's needs.

Being successful and hitting KPIs while meeting some great people who have become life long friends along the way and help create a great working atmosphere for myself has been the most enjoyable part of my current job.
Pros
Salary and expenses paid like car allowance and fuel cards.
Cons
Recent company exposure to the media.
Great work place, professional, multi culture , and friendly
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 February 2017
Samsung Australia is the best place i ever worked for; colleagues are generally very helpful and managers are very supportive;
I have learned how to have a better communication in the multi culture environment and move with a fast pace together with all other colleagues
The culture is very respectful and very friendly and that's the part I enjoyed the most
Pros
Multi culture; Friendly
Good experience gained from construction through to Handover
Mechanical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Headland16 February 2017
Mistakes made during construction and machine supply were numerous and caused a lot of re work during hand over to client. The basics were not done correctly and it became all about how fast the port facility was built. But in the end i gained valuable experience in Commissioning and Completions.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Olympia Park Sydney NSW12 February 2017
Incredible place to work, great pay. Unfortunately due to travel constraints I did not stay for too long. Great culture and management.
Pros
Great team and management
Cons
Long Hours
An exciting and busy lifestyle
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 January 2017
Great fun working with so many types of technology, meeting passionate customers and fans of the brand. With the fast evolution of technology it's great fun to keep up to date.
Good people bad management
Network Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 November 2016
Management has no direction, just follow what HQ says.

Long working hours but not efficient.

They want their staff to stay back even there is no job to do.
Pros
Good people
Cons
bad management
Fast paced and fast tracked environment as you would imagine from one of the worlds biggest organisations
Senior Construction area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill WA27 June 2016
Samsung C&T are new to the Australian construction industry and therefore had to learn some harsh lessons on the Roy hill project.
I am sure Samsung C&T will continue to learn from their experiences and thrive in the Australian market as time goes on.
Strong work ethic and culturaly diverse
Senior SMP Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pilbara Western Australia28 April 2016
Strong work ethic required and a driven work culture due to the South Korean company. An enjoyable workplace particularly working with professionals with a different culture.
Pros
Good renumeration
Cons
Extremely long hours
Brilliant Place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  AU21 April 2016
Samsung Australia was a brilliant place to work, a great team that felt like a family and a great manager who motivated us on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samsung Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K