Sands Fridge Lines
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sands Fridge Lines Employee Reviews

I was getting lessons to get my MC licence, while i was working at Coles in Northam , in 2010. I met one of the guys from Sands, he said they were great to work for, that they were looking for a yard person , shunter. I asked if they might put me on and do some further training to help me get my licence. I rang them , went for an interview , I told them i had only had 2 driving lessons with a company in Malaga. They put me on , gave me one day training and then i was on my own. The second day, a fully loaded pan/trailer fell off the back of the truck i was told to move. I did all the checks I had been taught with the driving school and the yard person / shunter that was at Sands. One of the managers came out, told me to go home?? I said I wanted to stay and learn, I apologised, and explained I didn't want to go home... I came back the next day and they had me doing other duties. I was then given 3 days to practice hooking up , but not moving trucks. I was not given the opportunity to learn any more or do anything else as they put me in a van delivering chocolates & price line deliveries. The situation worsened from there. I never got my MC licence. I was treated rather badly, I didn't enjoy my time there one bit. I would like to hope things have changed since then.
Cons
My exposure to this work envrionment taught me alot of things. I learnt quite alot about logisitics and warehousing through some good managers and work colleagues. Overall the company has a bad work culture which comes from the top of the triangle. Unfortunately observed good Managers adopt bad behaviours.
Pros
Worked with a few good people
Cons
Bad culture that does not wish to progress. Management is lacking in all areas.
This company is a joke Run on a shoe string Accreditation sighned off for unroadworthy assets When u complain You get replaced by foreign drivers Managers are idiots All controlled by one owner A dictator with help ftom his secret supervisors Keep away from this company
Pros
Cons
3rd world facilities
with a boss on a 50 year power trip who is clearly psycotic i cant see how this company is still around. workers are continuously asked to run themselves into the ground just because people arent replaced when they escape the company, maintenance on equipment is non existant and then workers blamed and in times fired when things eventually go wrong.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
long hours, tyranical owner, no maintenance
company views EBA with contempt as they breach the contract if, and when they choose to. Move staff without consultation replacing unhappy permanent staff (who leave) with casual staff.
Pros
free Christmas lunch
Cons
staff are just numbers
Very diverse culture within this refrigerated warehouse and distribution company. Need for structured guidelines, policies and procedures. Poor overall management structure.
typical day at work was long hrs, I learnt that its not always about money. management made it hard at times, with the disorganisation due to the stress of their work loads. the hardest part was the disorganisation. I did enjoy working for a company dedicated to fridge transport, but need a change
Pros
paid well for exchange of hrs put in. varitey of runs avalible
Cons
long hrs equaled less family time. very average gear- hard on the body
Typical day required balancing filing of paperwork doing reports & spreadsheets with answering the phones/emails, making bookings, dealing with complaints or missing stock and coordinating drivers. I learnt to multi task and prioritize at a rapid rate. Manager contact was mostly via phone and required me to problem solve unexpected issues as they arose. Myself and co-workers organised routines that enabled all of us to work without management. It was a fantastic team effort. The hardest part of the job was being the only person with the knowledge to maintain normal operations (made it hard to be sick or have holidays).
Pros
Great team of co-workers