Sands Fridge Lines
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sands Fridge Lines Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
My exposure to this work envrionment taught me alot of things. I learnt quite alot about logisitics and warehousing through some good managers and work colleagues. Overall the company has a bad work culture which comes from the top of the triangle. Unfortunately observed good Managers adopt bad behaviours.
Pros
Worked with a few good people
Cons
Bad culture that does not wish to progress. Management is lacking in all areas.
This company is a joke
Run on a shoe string

Accreditation sighned off for unroadworthy assets

When u complain

You get replaced by foreign drivers

Managers are idiots

All controlled by one owner

A dictator with help ftom his secret supervisors

Keep away from this company
Pros
Cons
3rd world facilities
with a boss on a 50 year power trip who is clearly psycotic i cant see how this company is still around.
workers are continuously asked to run themselves into the ground just because people arent replaced when they escape the company,

maintenance on equipment is non existant and then workers blamed and in times fired when things eventually go wrong.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
long hours, tyranical owner, no maintenance
company views EBA with contempt as they breach the contract if, and when they choose to. Move staff without consultation replacing unhappy permanent staff (who leave) with casual staff.
Pros
free Christmas lunch
Cons
staff are just numbers
Very diverse culture within this refrigerated warehouse and distribution company. Need for structured guidelines, policies and procedures. Poor overall management structure.
typical day at work was long hrs, I learnt that its not always about money. management made it hard at times, with the disorganisation due to the stress of their work loads. the hardest part was the disorganisation. I did enjoy working for a company dedicated to fridge transport, but need a change
Pros
paid well for exchange of hrs put in. varitey of runs avalible
Cons
long hrs equaled less family time. very average gear- hard on the body
Typical day required balancing filing of paperwork doing reports & spreadsheets with answering the phones/emails, making bookings, dealing with complaints or missing stock and coordinating drivers.

I learnt to multi task and prioritize at a rapid rate.

Manager contact was mostly via phone and required me to problem solve unexpected issues as they arose.

Myself and co-workers organised routines that enabled all of us to work without management. It was a fantastic team effort.

The hardest part of the job was being the only person with the knowledge to maintain normal operations (made it hard to be sick or have holidays).
Pros
Great team of co-workers
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sands Fridge Lines?