Sandvik
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sandvik Employee Reviews

Australia43 reviews
Sandvik as a global company gives a better exposure on different work ethics in mining and construction industries. Being one of its core values, team spirit is a culture which the company challenges every employee to practice. Regardless of your abilities, opportunities are open to all. Unfortunately there are few individuals who might try to manipulate the situation but it's never acceptable with the company systems.
I’d still be there if it weren’t for personal circumstances. Great company, terrific culture. Never had more support in a field service role.
I’d go back in a heartbeat should the opportunity arise.
Entry level position into the company with lots of avenues to move into. Interesting but challenging job, no everyday is the same. Management is quite rigid and old fashioned, but they will support you in further training/career progression IF you want it.
The job is what you make of it - you'll get out what you put in.

Good work-life balance and shift flexibility, amazing overtime rates and financial benefits. Good diverse team.

Definitely recommend joining Sandvik.. best decision of my life.
Great working culture with awesome manager,I am in indirect procurement.My manager is very supportive and helped me a lot. Even tho I have left the company a few years ago and tried different roles in a few different new companies but I still think he is one of the best managers I have ever had.
Pros
Company activities, great working cultures
Cons
Average pay
don't listen to the garbage that promotions are possible, as they only our source promotional roles, and give 0 considerations to those internally. no chance
Pros
leaving there
Cons
starting there under false lies of promtion
Great people great culture. really enjoyed my time here. would return in a heartbeat.
Training was good. Advancement possible. made life time friends.
Pros
great bosses. great support
Cons
ups and downs of the industry
i learned a lot of things interns of hardworking and achieving a common goal and safety altitudes towards work and management
my most enjoyable part was lerning
Pros
Cons
14 hours
Sandvik is a big and interesting company to work for. I believe its one of the best companies that are actually looking after their employees. It was a fun and good experience.
This position has given me the opportunity to demonstrate my extensive experience in overall maintenance of all underground loaders, hydraulic fault finding, DES code D, diagnostics, fault finding and repair of electronic fuel injector systems and rebuild of underground earthmoving equipment, electronic safety systems, ABS brake systems, overhaul of manual, automatic & power shift transmissions, overhaul of petrol and diesel engines and repairs to body electric systems.
Great people to work with, friendly and Sandvik really cares about their staff. Overall good experience
Management are a little clunky but credit manager helpful and good to work with. Hardest part of the job, dealing with the outsourced accounts team.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sandvik?
Loved the mining environment
People were great to work with and very supportive

Always opportunities to grow with the company

Hardest part were some management issues
Really great working there. They look after their people. Great experience working there. Get to know a lot about warehousing and how that industry works.
Drive out to mine , listen to instructions follow through.
Always on time

Help others and be helpful

If i make a decision the hole team knows about it .
Pros
Work hard play hard
Cons
Never
I was a supervisor in charge of formwork building a sewage treatment plant at christties beach
the running of crane movements

organising the placement of scaffolds

running of crews
Pros
good experance
Cons
leant lots
Built drillrigs for the mining industry.
I installed the hydraulic system via a diagram and schematics

Refurished older rigs as requested

Okay environment but fun coworkers

Relaxed atmosphere

Some clickiness
Pros
Good pay and work life balance
Cons
Weak leadership
Enjoyed working for Sandvik, it was a great role that had the autonomism element I was looking for. Direct Management was great to work for and staff great.
I absolutely loved this Position' great people to work for and good staff and Management.. salary was not great but loving the job was enough for me.. It's only down fall was it was once again casual position with no benefits.. if they had offered me a full-time position at Sandvik' I would never have left there....
Pros
Great staff and mananegment
Cons
Casual position' no benefits
good and friendly work place.with very good management and colleagues.i love to work there but unfortunately they closed the company .
Productive group of branch administrators.
Managers were very caring, easy to talk to.

Enjoyable social club events.

Great amenities on site.
setting up/operating machines,in end was not learning anything as was just boring and monotonous,management fine but sandvik was always theyre priority so no real input at the end,co-workers were good but because of boring work most people felt the same way,job became too easy in end up as same job day in day out,was enjoyable learning at beginning but became to monotonous.
Pros
great clean environment and good wages
Cons
end up no variety and job became boring
good workplace, rewarding payment, extra working hours, great management and hard working colleges. It is great workplace to work, fun place to be.