Sandvik Employee Reviews

no chance
Storeperson/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Pinkenba QLD 400813 April 2019
don't listen to the garbage that promotions are possible, as they only our source promotional roles, and give 0 considerations to those internally. no chance
Pros
leaving there
Cons
starting there under false lies of promtion
freindly workers
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  kitwe3 February 2018
i learned a lot of things interns of hardworking and achieving a common goal and safety altitudes towards work and management
my most enjoyable part was lerning
Pros
Cons
14 hours
Good experience
Millwright artisan (Former Employee) –  South Deep Gold mine11 October 2017
Sandvik is a big and interesting company to work for. I believe its one of the best companies that are actually looking after their employees. It was a fun and good experience.
Senior Diesel Fitter
Senior Diesel Fitter (Former Employee) –  Emerald QLD28 August 2017
This position has given me the opportunity to demonstrate my extensive experience in overall maintenance of all underground loaders, hydraulic fault finding, DES code D, diagnostics, fault finding and repair of electronic fuel injector systems and rebuild of underground earthmoving equipment, electronic safety systems, ABS brake systems, overhaul of manual, automatic & power shift transmissions, overhaul of petrol and diesel engines and repairs to body electric systems.
Customer Service Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Milton QLD4 May 2017
Great people to work with, friendly and Sandvik really cares about their staff. Overall good experience
Management are a little clunky but credit manager helpful and good to work with. Hardest part of the job, dealing with the outsourced accounts team.
Good culture
Service Administration/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD3 May 2017
Loved the mining environment
People were great to work with and very supportive
Always opportunities to grow with the company
Hardest part were some management issues
Good copany to work for.
Warehouse Assistant/Forklift Operator and Labourer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 April 2017
Really great working there. They look after their people. Great experience working there. Get to know a lot about warehousing and how that industry works.
Well organized
Apprentice Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  SA, MIDDLEBURG10 March 2017
Drive out to mine , listen to instructions follow through.
Always on time
Help others and be helpful
If i make a decision the hole team knows about it .
Pros
Work hard play hard
Cons
Never
i moved my carravan to job came home on weekends
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Toll QLD12 February 2017
I was a supervisor in charge of formwork building a sewage treatment plant at christties beach
the running of crane movements
organising the placement of scaffolds
running of crews
Pros
good experance
Cons
leant lots
Nice place
Desiel/hydraulic fitter (Former Employee) –  Parklea QLD Australia26 September 2016
Built drillrigs for the mining industry.
I installed the hydraulic system via a diagram and schematics
Refurished older rigs as requested
Okay environment but fun coworkers
Relaxed atmosphere
Some clickiness
Pros
Good pay and work life balance
Cons
Weak leadership
Review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Australia Wide4 July 2016
Enjoyed working for Sandvik, it was a great role that had the autonomism element I was looking for. Direct Management was great to work for and staff great.
Storeperson, Warehouse, Logistic's (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD13 February 2016
I absolutely loved this Position' great people to work for and good staff and Management.. salary was not great but loving the job was enough for me.. It's only down fall was it was once again casual position with no benefits.. if they had offered me a full-time position at Sandvik' I would never have left there....
Pros
Great staff and mananegment
Cons
Casual position' no benefits
good work environment
1st Class Machinist (Former Employee) –  vulcan road, perth, wa3 February 2016
good and friendly work place.with very good management and colleagues.i love to work there but unfortunately they closed the company .
Productive group of branch administrators
Production Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, NSW22 November 2015
Productive group of branch administrators.
Managers were very caring, easy to talk to.
Enjoyable social club events.
Great amenities on site.
sandvik
1st class machinist (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA13 September 2015
setting up/operating machines,in end was not learning anything as was just boring and monotonous,management fine but sandvik was always theyre priority so no real input at the end,co-workers were good but because of boring work most people felt the same way,job became too easy in end up as same job day in day out,was enjoyable learning at beginning but became to monotonous.
Pros
great clean environment and good wages
Cons
end up no variety and job became boring
Good workplace
Lather Operator (Former Employee) –  Bayswater, WA1 August 2015
good workplace, rewarding payment, extra working hours, great management and hard working colleges. It is great workplace to work, fun place to be.
Great Company
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinkenba15 July 2015
Sandvik,
A typical day at work, 3 shifts start,6 am,8 am,10 am. I start at 8 am a routine pre-check of machinery i always go through,adhering company's strict H&S procedures.Greet'n to all or who want to be, straight to work there's orders to be pack(orders are categories in 3's Red=emergency,Yellow=priority,White=replenishment orders for other branch countrywide to international, servicesing to mining industries, some need to be machanically pick (heavy parts) that too heavy to lift, must be checked for the quantity, and inspect for damages such rusty, re-painted.Packing in to crates different size pallets (custom made) to save costs.
I have my 1st break at 9:20 breakfast time, energy,energy...my typical breakfast - puff quinoa,spelt,amaranth,cranberrys,gorjberrys with almond milk. quinoa or spelt flakes boil with dates and figs, almond milk.
Pacing is important, there's cut of time all trucks must be loaded by 18:00 for order's to get to customer's the next day(management procedures).Lunch at 13:00 then is full on, to do as much as possible.There's the odd day of attending H&S training, or meeting.
The Management side if things - this always the interesting parts of the work place.Sudden introduction of KPI, employing relatives or partners of employee (from the office) in the company into position that matters.
My co-workers, everyday people just working for living.Got a lots a unexpected hugs on the day of my resignations (that's the aussie spirit) i appreciate it, remind me of those sporting days win,loose or draw we gave it a good o'l go. Infact
  more... couple remark that's the first time that they see smile for while, and I suppose this was the most enjoyable part of the job meet'n people, sharing their stories, you always learn something new from the most unexpected sources.  less
Pros
Company of this Magnitude's Incentives
Cons
The structure of those incentives
Excellent Company to work for.
Planner (Former Employee) –  West Australia5 April 2015
Very supportive Managers who were fantastic Leaders.
Supportive team environment, everyone looked out for each to ensure we all succeeded.
Hardest part were the hours.
Pros
The People
Automation
Mechanical Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Parkes, NSW12 March 2015
Automation of mining is good in the sense of removing people out of harms way.Mining should be safe, sustainable and profitable to all shareholders.
Productive and great place to go to work everyday.
Warehouse Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW3 March 2015
A great company to work for. A very productive workplace and great work colleagues. Pleasant working atmosphere. Hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines although, the best part of the job was meeting these deadlines as this provided a sense of fulfilment and satisfaction.
Pros
Xmas bonuses and rewards programs.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandvik. Our community is ready to answer.