Sandvik Management reviews

no chance
Storeperson/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Pinkenba QLD 400813 April 2019
don't listen to the garbage that promotions are possible, as they only our source promotional roles, and give 0 considerations to those internally. no chance
Pros
leaving there
Cons
starting there under false lies of promtion
Customer Service Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Milton QLD4 May 2017
Great people to work with, friendly and Sandvik really cares about their staff. Overall good experience
Management are a little clunky but credit manager helpful and good to work with. Hardest part of the job, dealing with the outsourced accounts team.
Good culture
Service Administration/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD3 May 2017
Loved the mining environment
People were great to work with and very supportive
Always opportunities to grow with the company
Hardest part were some management issues
Review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Australia Wide4 July 2016
Enjoyed working for Sandvik, it was a great role that had the autonomism element I was looking for. Direct Management was great to work for and staff great.
Storeperson, Warehouse, Logistic's (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD13 February 2016
I absolutely loved this Position' great people to work for and good staff and Management.. salary was not great but loving the job was enough for me.. It's only down fall was it was once again casual position with no benefits.. if they had offered me a full-time position at Sandvik' I would never have left there....
Pros
Great staff and mananegment
Cons
Casual position' no benefits
good work environment
1st Class Machinist (Former Employee) –  vulcan road, perth, wa3 February 2016
good and friendly work place.with very good management and colleagues.i love to work there but unfortunately they closed the company .
sandvik
1st class machinist (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA13 September 2015
setting up/operating machines,in end was not learning anything as was just boring and monotonous,management fine but sandvik was always theyre priority so no real input at the end,co-workers were good but because of boring work most people felt the same way,job became too easy in end up as same job day in day out,was enjoyable learning at beginning but became to monotonous.
Pros
great clean environment and good wages
Cons
end up no variety and job became boring
Good workplace
Lather Operator (Former Employee) –  Bayswater, WA1 August 2015
good workplace, rewarding payment, extra working hours, great management and hard working colleges. It is great workplace to work, fun place to be.
Great Company
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinkenba15 July 2015
Sandvik,
A typical day at work, 3 shifts start,6 am,8 am,10 am. I start at 8 am a routine pre-check of machinery i always go through,adhering company's strict H&S procedures.Greet'n to all or who want to be, straight to work there's orders to be pack(orders are categories in 3's Red=emergency,Yellow=priority,White=replenishment orders for other branch countrywide to international, servicesing to mining industries, some need to be machanically pick (heavy parts) that too heavy to lift, must be checked for the quantity, and inspect for damages such rusty, re-painted.Packing in to crates different size pallets (custom made) to save costs.
I have my 1st break at 9:20 breakfast time, energy,energy...my typical breakfast - puff quinoa,spelt,amaranth,cranberrys,gorjberrys with almond milk. quinoa or spelt flakes boil with dates and figs, almond milk.
Pacing is important, there's cut of time all trucks must be loaded by 18:00 for order's to get to customer's the next day(management procedures).Lunch at 13:00 then is full on, to do as much as possible.There's the odd day of attending H&S training, or meeting.
The Management side if things - this always the interesting parts of the work place.Sudden introduction of KPI, employing relatives or partners of employee (from the office) in the company into position that matters.
My co-workers, everyday people just working for living.Got a lots a unexpected hugs on the day of my resignations (that's the aussie spirit) i appreciate it, remind me of those sporting days win,loose or draw we gave it a good o'l go. Infact
  more... couple remark that's the first time that they see smile for while, and I suppose this was the most enjoyable part of the job meet'n people, sharing their stories, you always learn something new from the most unexpected sources.  less
Pros
Company of this Magnitude's Incentives
Cons
The structure of those incentives
Safety and well being driven
EHS Manager Audits and Risk Assessments (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 February 2015
* Routine pre-start Safety meetings and work place hazard hunt for a couple of minutes by workforce in their operational area. Collect data and analyse major high risk hazards to be closed out.
Almost daily inductions on contractors visiting sites!..assist Supervisors with day to day safety related queries.
* Have learned to listen to the employee on the floor at the coal face to determine the reality and give attention to their concerns identified.
* Promote solid relationships between Management and key stakeholders where the needs of all are respected.
* Always support co workers ideas and productive inputs with great respect.
* The hardest part of any safety job is where production and financial restraints interfere with safety objectives and targets.
* Everything about Safety is enjoyable!! especially to be able to be a role player in a team environment for the safety and well being of your employees.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Negative Management with Ego problems.
The people I worked with were great.
Workshop Labourer (Former Employee) –  Braodmeadow23 September 2014
I was a MR Truck driver and I loaded and unloaded the trucks that came into the yard. I cleaned the lunch room and kept the shed clean and safe. I learnt about stock taking and tally all the stock. I learnt to use a band saw and change blade and do general maintenance of the equipment that was used. The management were very fair and understanding. Co workers were great and we enjoyed the mateship of the team. the hardest part was when the shop closed down. The most enjoyable was that all the guys were great to work with.
Pros
Great work team
Cons
Close the shop down.
Large Global company with secure job structures and flexible time.
EHS Manager Audits and Risk Assessments (Current Employee) –  Perth Western Australia 24 May 2013
Responsible for the ISO certification of the company via the scheduling of auditors to conduct pre audits on all mines and constructions sites in region APC. Assisting all other EHS Managers in developing procedures and Risk Assessments on Machines and Equipment.
Also a Global Lead Auditor, traveling the globe to conduct audits on some of the 142 countries...

Have done some good courses in EHS, QA and Environmental systems auditing. Completing a pre graduate Risk Management Diploma for Mining Professionals with the University of Queensland.

Have been working without a Regional EHS Manager for about two years, so not much about Management..

Working with a fantastic EHS Team and colleagues! Always available and helpful 24/7

There is basically no hard part of this job, just need to stay on top of all legislation changes.

The most enjoyable would be the opportunity to see other countries and the ability to work flexible time..

Pros
Car allowance
Cons
Annual salary adjustments