Sandvik Employee Reviews

First class accomodation and all needs taken care of by company
Electrical supervisor and Training Technician (Former Employee) –  C0423 February 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges I encounted on the projects and the work teams in Australia and overseas were very good to work with.I enjoyed the Challenge of building the E/houses in China considering culture language availability of materials etc ,personally rewarding for me .A lot of the Switchroom work was hands on for me ,until the Chinese workers became familiar with the requirements and Rio Tinto Specs and at that stage I Supervized and supplied the materials and information required to complete the projects .I loved the Challenge
Pros
A very personally rewarding and Challenging experience
Cons
Very long hours however thats the nature of the beast, Shipping dates had to be acheived
Safety and well being driven
EHS Manager Audits and Risk Assessments (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 February 2015
* Routine pre-start Safety meetings and work place hazard hunt for a couple of minutes by workforce in their operational area. Collect data and analyse major high risk hazards to be closed out.
Almost daily inductions on contractors visiting sites!..assist Supervisors with day to day safety related queries.
* Have learned to listen to the employee on the floor at the coal face to determine the reality and give attention to their concerns identified.
* Promote solid relationships between Management and key stakeholders where the needs of all are respected.
* Always support co workers ideas and productive inputs with great respect.
* The hardest part of any safety job is where production and financial restraints interfere with safety objectives and targets.
* Everything about Safety is enjoyable!! especially to be able to be a role player in a team environment for the safety and well being of your employees.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Negative Management with Ego problems.
safe
Boilermaker/ First class welder (Former Employee) –  Bayswater, WA3 February 2015
the company policy is safety first. nice neat and clean workshop.
good healthy infrastructure. onsite off road parking facilities also.
good place to work Before,But changing bosses tgo much.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canningvale, wa.8 January 2015
I liked working there But I left because of to many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Pros
works good but hard at times.
Cons
But to many people want to know your business.
Great job
FITTER - in workshop for 12months (Former Employee) –  Hexham, NSW30 November 2014
GTreat job, . Pay was ok. Work mates were Great .There was no extra Benefits. Night work was the hardest part of the job. Best part of the job was learning more about Machines.
Good company
Workshop Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mt Isa14 November 2014
easy going company
payes well
good people to work for
looked after by higher up
Pros
good managment
Professional, friendly, great work environment, supportive team work
National Injury Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane12 November 2014
Very professional, supportive, friendly staff. Made me feel 'part of the team' although I was only on a short term contract.

The team had a wonderful sense of humour, and it was a pleasure to come to work every day.
Pros
Fantastic organisation, workwise, productive and work friendly
Cons
The people I worked with were great.
Workshop Labourer (Former Employee) –  Braodmeadow23 September 2014
I was a MR Truck driver and I loaded and unloaded the trucks that came into the yard. I cleaned the lunch room and kept the shed clean and safe. I learnt about stock taking and tally all the stock. I learnt to use a band saw and change blade and do general maintenance of the equipment that was used. The management were very fair and understanding. Co workers were great and we enjoyed the mateship of the team. the hardest part was when the shop closed down. The most enjoyable was that all the guys were great to work with.
Pros
Great work team
Cons
Close the shop down.
Mining workshop & Field service work
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fairymeadow,Wollongong,NSW20 July 2014
Arrive at sight ,sign on ,meet with co ordinator ,inspect job or service sheets,complete work ,inspect machine check with supervisor ,complete report
Pros
Vehicle, phone good wages
Cons
Very dirt work at times
Excellent & senior mentors
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA22 February 2014
I learnt a lot about conveyor products.
co-workers were very helpful.
Good pay but no security
Trade Asistant (Former Employee) –  Bayswater, WA12 February 2014
I worked for 23 months as a casual employee without a single offer of a permanent position. Working 50-60 hours a week was no guarantee as I got kicked out with just one day notice.
Productive and commitment
Technical Support Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  perth wa Australia3 November 2013
The typical day at work was when we had a broken track frame for the Drill Rig in a Blasting Area. The job was to take two to three days to replace the track frame due to environment in the Pit. We managed to remove the rig from the blast area although the blast delayed for 2 hours.
As a supervisor I learnt some thing like in such situation never panic get the co-workers on the table discuss how you are going to do the job , let every one contribute and the make a final decision.
The hardest part of the job was when we had to wait for the new frame , it took 2 weeks to arrive to the mine site and the guys from the mining section were on us because they wanted the machine for production.
The most enjoyable was when we managed to remove the Drill from the blasting zone safely and mining continued .
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long working hours
Productive and challenging
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dandenong, VIC22 October 2013
Fixing system faults and users needs, travel all over Australia meeting a variety of people.
Large Global company with secure job structures and flexible time.
EHS Manager Audits and Risk Assessments (Current Employee) –  Perth Western Australia 24 May 2013
Responsible for the ISO certification of the company via the scheduling of auditors to conduct pre audits on all mines and constructions sites in region APC. Assisting all other EHS Managers in developing procedures and Risk Assessments on Machines and Equipment.
Also a Global Lead Auditor, traveling the globe to conduct audits on some of the 142 countries...

Have done some good courses in EHS, QA and Environmental systems auditing. Completing a pre graduate Risk Management Diploma for Mining Professionals with the University of Queensland.

Have been working without a Regional EHS Manager for about two years, so not much about Management..

Working with a fantastic EHS Team and colleagues! Always available and helpful 24/7

There is basically no hard part of this job, just need to stay on top of all legislation changes.

The most enjoyable would be the opportunity to see other countries and the ability to work flexible time..

Pros
Car allowance
Cons
Annual salary adjustments
Interesting and challenging workplace
Global pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Qantas Drive12 March 2013
Communicating with various market areas including Europe, Australia and Asia.
Monitor factors affecting pricing including cost changes, currency exchange fluctionations and the stability of the market place.
A good company with huge amounts of upside!
East Coast Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide7 March 2013
Plenty of challenges with numerous acquisitions over the last 9 years and to see the benefits of these the company needs to integrate the new capabilities further to exploit this opportunity.
Pros
good people and good products.
Cons
they hand out redundancies too easily!
Work place was open 1 year ago
Field Service Technician/Workshop (Former Employee) –  Heatherbrae NSW4 February 2013
Did field service for 3 years on different mines and enjoyed it. Due to the mining industries in NSW my position was made redundant
Pros
enjoy the work i do.
Cons
n.a
Productive with minimal incentives
Worked in all sections within Sandvik. (Former Employee) –  Bayswater.Perth.30 May 2012
Sandvik is a multi cultural company that does look after their employees.Minus the incentives.Enjoyed working there.Appreciate the training and courses they provided.
Pros
some lunches provided
Cons
very flexible.