Sanity Entertainment Employee Reviews

Stand up for yourself and your hours are cut
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland25 February 2019
This Company does nothing but boss and push team to exceed insane expectations whilst only guaranteeing 3 hours a week, unless a manager, stand up to their demands and bullying or even have an opinion and expect to have your hours cut majorly and told your not what they are wanting.
HR is no help, supports the store manager and Area manager who has constantly had complaints of bullying and misconduct and nothing is done.
Don’t work here!
Pros
Cons
Everything nothing is good
Horrible work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW16 February 2019
Worked for the company for 2 and a half years, never had any problems until recently. Store Manager in my store is a sexist pig and bullies and belittles his staff and HR still couldn't get rid of him despite multiple complaints by not only team members, but customers as well.

My whole experience with the company wasn't horrible, I made it to assistant manager so if you're a hard worker they do promote within, however there is very little hours if you aren't in management available to go around so it's really only good for either a second job or if you're currently studying.
Pros
Got management experience and made some great friends.
Cons
Not many hours to give you enough help to get jobs completed on time.
Uses and abuses too much sales set ups
Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Victoria13 February 2019
Very minimal hours of team to run your store not enough help be prepared to do everything you get 3 hours help a day.
Don’t drink when your own own no proper bathroom breaks expected to call security, when your team isnt performing your told it’s your fault what can you do to fix it!
No support, complaints fall on deaf ears no one does anything about it someone I know quit due to severe bullying the company did nothing! Accept make them co exist as it was their job!
Double standards expect the world from you but nothing in return but increasing your work load, Sales set ups are like way to frequent you have to change the whole store and send pictures and are ridiculed when something is out of place and cannot leave till it’s fixed, Christmas Eve no one leaves till whole store is done and don’t let you start it till so late.
It’s just absolutely crazy the amount of work they expect.
Be prepared for them to act like your selling BMWS not DVDs 😂😂
Lots of unpaid hours are required to even get all the tasks done.
Never making bonuses as budgets are far too high, dying industry!!
Do not work here!
I’m currently trying to leave
Th merchandise is shocking the expect you to sell $2 shop garbage for $5-$10 just insane! They will do anything for a $1
Pros
Cons
Everything staff turnover is insane no one stays
Do not do it to yourself worst company
Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Nsw11 February 2019
Absolutely shocking place to work, prepared to be belittled bullied pushed to work beyond your limits, and keep getting told you don’t have enough time to finish tasks that your not fast enough, management is pathetic no one cares about the team, the higher up people are all brainwashed the tasks are far to full on if you want to literally become insanity then join sanity 👍🏻
$22 for a manager is rubbish
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation, low pay, bad team moral, awful management
Sanity
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW22 January 2019
I really enjoyed working at Sanity. The team members were incredibly nice and welcoming. Getting to meet so many customers was great, everyday was fun.
It was a fun place to work
Christmas Casual (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 January 2019
It was a great experience to work in retail at Sanity. I was able to learn a lot about customer service as well as interaction with customers. Would recommend to apply here if you are looking to expand your skills in sales as well as customer service in retail.
Productive and fun workplace
Christmas Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD4 December 2018
An average day at Sanity entailed providing great customer service, therefore assisting and serving people. Furthermore, the colleagues worked with were extremely friendly and appeared to operate as a family almost. The duties may also include working in the backroom and on the floor, stock take and cleaning.
Overall Dreadful Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wodonga Plaza VIC4 September 2018
I worked at Sanity for 10 months. It started off fine, I had a good time, and the discounts on products were amazing! But recently, I have been experiencing an insane amount of bullying and harassment from management. I have had to resign as I don’t feel comfortable being in store with the manager.

The pay is also dreadful, for the tasks we have to perform, we should get well above the award rate, not 0.05 cents above award rate.

Also should have 100% pay at 18
Pros
Discount on products (25% in any store)
Cons
Bullying & Harassment from management
Very Low Wages
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Qld24 July 2018
The wages here are laughable especially for the amount of work they expect of you with KPI’s and the tasks around the store. There is so many things that they want you to do in the daily tasks yet also try and look out for the customers when you can be on your own except for when another staff member comes for a few hours on lunch turnover. There isn’t even a kettle out back to have a cup of tea or coffee, not that you would have time to even have one.
Yes you get discounts shopping there but honestly most of the time JB HIFI have it cheaper anyway.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Wages very very low, not enough time to do all tasks and make money!
Horrible place to work
Retail Sales Assistant/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD29 May 2018
The worst place to work. The management is the worst. The store is suppose to be run with 4 people a day they are running it on two people a day and still expect you to have everything done 100% by the end of the day. Sanity goes through so much staff because they bully people to the point they have no choice but to quit. It is really the worst place I have ever worked in. I couldn't believe how many people I seen come in and out of this place. I still see it now.
Good discounts
Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond NSW15 May 2018
Good discounts but poor management. Good team players but management in store is pretty bad. I did enjoy working there. I wish there was more of a manager in store though.
Good Second Job
Casual (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW25 March 2018
Was hectic and fast paced over christmas but slow otherwise.
Enjoyed the staff members positive attitudes which made each shift worth going to.
Would highly reccommend.
fun
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shellharbour NSW8 January 2018
a typical day is helping customers find or order what they need and be able to get what they are looking for
cover checking and excellent customer service on the floor
being quick but making converrsation while you find all the discs you need
loved working here would defiantly recommend working here
Fast paced customer focused business
Part Time Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lake haven27 December 2017
Sanity was a great job, however there was just not enough hours for myself and other team members.
It was a fast paced, task and customer focused job where you had to juggle your tasks whilst putting customer needs first.
A freindly atomsphere to work in, and I enjoyed going to each shift, knowing what was required of me, and going with the flow when tasks were changed suddenly due to either head office sending changes we needed to do, or a more important task coming up.
From the moment my shift began, until the moment I finished for the day, there was always something to do, no down time, amd that kind of atmosphere is something I like.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Sporadic shifts. Not enough hours
Just don't.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW20 December 2017
As a manager, you will be expected to work for free (they call it "love hours") because the KPIs and expectations they set are so unrealistically high that you will have no choice but to do so. If you don't, you will be performance managed out.

If you do work back and achieve the targets they will cut back your store's hours and say that you just need to become more efficient.

Some stores have managers on by themselves all day with no lunch cover. How can they go to the toilet? What about emergencies? Security?

My store had issues with a customer calling and sexuality harassing my staff. They denied my requests to always have two people open and close.

A horrible company to work for that only cares about the money you make, not you.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
productive and fun workplace
Sale assistant (Former Employee) –  Sale VIC24 October 2017
this workplace is full of wonderful staff who go beyond the expectation to help each other and the customers. this workplace has friendly staff who will always be there for each other.
Great workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 October 2017
Was only there for year 10 work experience but it was amazing. I enjoyed serving and helping the customers in a very clean and respectable environment.
Great Customer Connectons
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA14 October 2017
Main house keeping tasks, learnt about the products and what was popular to help assist customers to make that great customer connection. It is fast pace and an enjoyable place if you are looking for a change.
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 September 2017
a typical day is open the store, greet customers/serve while unpacking stock and doing stock returns, answer phones and emails, close store. While being at sanity I was able to progress very quickly up the ladder from part timer to store manager, they have a really great development program for staff who want to run a store. Management are really nice and very helpful, and the staff are super friendly. Great staff benefits with your discount on product. only downside is they can be pretty demanding on their tasks for the day, while remaining customer focused.
Pros
Awesome staff discount, plus you can give that discount to another person with their family/friends of staff card.
Cons
they expect you to do a lot of tasks while greeting every customer that enters, and helping them out. and extra hours are rarley given.
Good in Short term, Get out While it's good,
Part Time Team Member (Current Employee) –  Queensland7 September 2017
I loved this job in the beginning I started as a Christmas Casual it was fun I followed the company interstate and quickly found out that being a Part Team member wasn't all that the brochure promised. Area Manager on a Daily basis would ask how they could help however would not even entertain any of the suggestions or proposed ideas. (Had no interest in our opinions just wants results). Staff are visible over worked and underpaid, if you like doing a lot of free labor just to keep things afloat this maybe the job for you. KPI's and Sale are unrealistic always, with no continued training after initial probation period. Worse part is the customers are amazing and you fellow team member are the best people you'll ever meet, just disappointing the Company is too concerned with the $ to create a welcoming and worthwhile work environment.
Pros
Customers, Fellow Team Members, Discounts
Cons
Constant feeling of being under appreciated, Understaffed, Lack of trading, pay!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanity Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.