Sanity Entertainment Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Retail Sales Assistant/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD29 May 2018
The worst place to work. The management is the worst. The store is suppose to be run with 4 people a day they are running it on two people a day and still expect you to have everything done 100% by the end of the day. Sanity goes through so much staff because they bully people to the point they have no choice but to quit. It is really the worst place I have ever worked in. I couldn't believe how many people I seen come in and out of this place. I still see it now.
Good discounts
Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond NSW15 May 2018
Good discounts but poor management. Good team players but management in store is pretty bad. I did enjoy working there. I wish there was more of a manager in store though.
Good Second Job
Casual (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW25 March 2018
Was hectic and fast paced over christmas but slow otherwise.
Enjoyed the staff members positive attitudes which made each shift worth going to.
Would highly reccommend.
fun
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shellharbour NSW8 January 2018
a typical day is helping customers find or order what they need and be able to get what they are looking for
cover checking and excellent customer service on the floor
being quick but making converrsation while you find all the discs you need
loved working here would defiantly recommend working here
Just don't.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW20 December 2017
As a manager, you will be expected to work for free (they call it "love hours") because the KPIs and expectations they set are so unrealistically high that you will have no choice but to do so. If you don't, you will be performance managed out.

If you do work back and achieve the targets they will cut back your store's hours and say that you just need to become more efficient.

Some stores have managers on by themselves all day with no lunch cover. How can they go to the toilet? What about emergencies? Security?

My store had issues with a customer calling and sexuality harassing my staff. They denied my requests to always have two people open and close.

A horrible company to work for that only cares about the money you make, not you.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
productive and fun workplace
Sale assistant (Former Employee) –  Sale VIC24 October 2017
this workplace is full of wonderful staff who go beyond the expectation to help each other and the customers. this workplace has friendly staff who will always be there for each other.
Great workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 October 2017
Was only there for year 10 work experience but it was amazing. I enjoyed serving and helping the customers in a very clean and respectable environment.
Great Customer Connectons
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA14 October 2017
Main house keeping tasks, learnt about the products and what was popular to help assist customers to make that great customer connection. It is fast pace and an enjoyable place if you are looking for a change.
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 September 2017
a typical day is open the store, greet customers/serve while unpacking stock and doing stock returns, answer phones and emails, close store. While being at sanity I was able to progress very quickly up the ladder from part timer to store manager, they have a really great development program for staff who want to run a store. Management are really nice and very helpful, and the staff are super friendly. Great staff benefits with your discount on product. only downside is they can be pretty demanding on their tasks for the day, while remaining customer focused.
Pros
Awesome staff discount, plus you can give that discount to another person with their family/friends of staff card.
Cons
they expect you to do a lot of tasks while greeting every customer that enters, and helping them out. and extra hours are rarley given.
Good in Short term, Get out While it's good,
Part Time Team Member (Current Employee) –  Queensland7 September 2017
I loved this job in the beginning I started as a Christmas Casual it was fun I followed the company interstate and quickly found out that being a Part Team member wasn't all that the brochure promised. Area Manager on a Daily basis would ask how they could help however would not even entertain any of the suggestions or proposed ideas. (Had no interest in our opinions just wants results). Staff are visible over worked and underpaid, if you like doing a lot of free labor just to keep things afloat this maybe the job for you. KPI's and Sale are unrealistic always, with no continued training after initial probation period. Worse part is the customers are amazing and you fellow team member are the best people you'll ever meet, just disappointing the Company is too concerned with the $ to create a welcoming and worthwhile work environment.
Pros
Customers, Fellow Team Members, Discounts
Cons
Constant feeling of being under appreciated, Understaffed, Lack of trading, pay!!
You will never get bored.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Australia7 July 2017
extremely full on for a retail job. keeping up with day to day tasks is something that takes adjusting to. Overall good place. If you're a quick learner and a relaxed person you will rep the benefits.
Friendly store staff but management is out of touch in a dying industry
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Casuarina NT28 June 2017
It's a dying industry, where the systems to do tasks are outdated. Most of the immediate instore staff are relatively riendly but management remain unknown to a lot of staff. I personally never met anyone higher than an area manager.
Enjoyable, but not worth it
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA11 June 2017
Great discount, not that great pay, KPI's are hard to achieve, and unless you're a manager or assistant manager you get as little hours as they can legally give you (3 hours a week) and they still expect you to be 110% up to date with all the products in store.
Generally the store is understaffed so customers are often frustrated.
I'd say good for a Christmas holidays job but don't expect to be able to live off of it.
Pros
discount, managers
Cons
pay, unrealistic exceptions, no hours
Good for people with interests in music.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morwell VIC31 May 2017
Good team member discounts, lots of experience dealing with a large range of people. Although not all customers were easy to deal with, as in any retail job.
Pros
Team member discounts
Cons
Managers
Job was great
Internet Fulfilment (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2017
You can advance to many areas withing the fields at sanity, if you enjoy working with tight kpi's in a team environment this job could be for you.....
Pros
"fun workplace"
Cons
Barley Reachable kpi's with high turnover
Productive and fun workplace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Broome WA12 April 2017
Productive and fun workplace good vibes, music and movies at reasonable prices, and friendly staff. Although area managers were a bit rough on the store managers at times if there were no customers.
What they say and what they do are completely different.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW22 March 2017
Extraordinarily money hungry company with very little compassion for specific customer needs.

Expected to put sanity above any other aspect of life, even if team are only offered 3 hours a week .

Terrible work life balance, extraordinarily high sales targets and KPI's.

Management is quick to tell you what to do but does not show you how to achieve results.

Very very low pay, little to no real training and working unpaid is something every team member will have been required to do at some point.

Not recommended.
Pros
Discount on product
Cons
High workload, low pay, low work-life balance, little management support, no support for staff.
Fun Place
Team Member/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burwood NSW16 March 2017
Fun company to work for. Do have your ups and down with workloads. Most enjoyable part of this job was the team and the amazing customers. Customers do reply on your knowledge of both music and Movies.
Pros
discounts, friendly help from head office
Cons
management help
worst job i ever had
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD1 February 2017
what a company, money money money, was just pushed to make as much money from people and not actually caring for their personnel needs and affordability, hated every minute of working there
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Does not value employees
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  gold coast19 January 2017
I have had a poor experience with this company. After being urged to quit my previous job I was then forced to wait a number of weeks to start my position. From then on I have been supplied the legal minimum amount of hours to the point where I cannot financially support myself.
Pros
discount
Cons
poor hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanity Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.