Savanna Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Savanna Energy Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
Horrible company to work for, no care about fate of employees. Find anyway to let people go with out notice. Extremley bad culture right from the top of the operations
A fair but difficult life style choice if you miss home. Hard work but very good pay. you will work 12hr shifts 14days straight, with alot of manual handling. need to be fit and healthy. for this you are well looked after and paid very well
Really enjoyed working as a tight unit. Enjoyed passing on my knowledge to my juniors and helping them develop. I learnt how to manage a team, how to stay focused during long hours at work.
During my 2 Week off and 2 weeks on roster with Savanna Energy, I got to learn not only from my supervisors about how the rig works and the maintenance of the lease but also from myself and seeing what I was made of. The rig life is like no other, it can be exhausting at times but fun and professional at the same time. Your work colleagues are also part family, spending just as much time with them as you would with your family on your 2 weeks off. on your 2 weeks off, if your training expiry dates were close, you would mostly go to Brisbane or Toowoomba for a few days and update your knowledge. The 2 weeks off was one of the benefits of having that type of job to spend quality time with my beautiful wife and daughter. The rig life is very similar to the university life, only difference is, you gain the experience while getting your Certificates and diploma. Management were always a call away and would not hesitate to go out of their way to help you with what ever you may need.
Pros
2 Weeks with your young family
Cons
2 Weeks away from young family
Grateful for the opportunity to have worked at Savanna Energy (even though it has only been in a Temp role) since July 2014. All employees are hardworking however it is a fun and enjoyable place to be.