scee

26: scee Employee Reviews

Australia26 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

lots of opportunity to grow

Productive employee(s) should be given a chance to give merit. Not the one who is always a part of the inner circle. Top- management must look into it.

Pros

Salary on time. Good blokes

Cons

Supervisors needs to be aware of their position.

I was a leading hand and enjoyed my job

I was a leading hand boilermaker and looked after 10 to 15 guys all ways had a good crew we got the job done in the time frame that was given .Safty and with out any indecent’s

Construction

Electrical construction company, majority of supervision run projects with success. Communication exceptional with all. FIFO accommodation looked after. Enjoyed the crews working with and shared our knowledge with each other. I personally did all the tasked expected.

productive

productive very good company to work for ! paired very well ! supervision was very approaching and understanding of any help the work crew needed recommend

In the time I was at SCEE I had many experiences and learnt skills

Excellent place to work with training in multiple skills required in construction, design, maintaining, diagnosing, building and safely achieving these goals in sometimes adverse rugged conditions in overseas countries. Having to work with all nationalities helping train and guide them without prejudice and racism in third world countries . In 27 years I never had two days the same.

Pros

close to home 10 mins form work

Cons

Flexability with multi tasking and training

Fifo role

Good money but a 4/1 roster wasn't very family friendly. Camp was fine but the flying back to the east coast takes its toll as you lose a day of your leave in travel time.

Pros

Money

Cons

Away from home to long

Productive work enviorment and great team spirt

An overall job friendly company that is open to new ideas and has trust in their employees to get the job done ,excellent team environment with new challenges presented daily

Pros

ballanced woork / home culture

Cons

job finished

good money

good hard working environment with a really good team which really helps in fifo life good money not so good management took a long time to get answers

good personnel

I enjoyed my time with Southern Cross Electrical Engineering. I had the opportunity to go into other fields to broaden my horizons.

A project with something new to me and on the other side of Australia.

A different project and way of life that I can tick off my list of things that I would like to do.Great training to give you all the ability to do the job required.

SCEE did not provide me with the enough or correct PPE

SCEE wanted me to start work without supplying me with a letter of offer . When I was instructed to collect a work vehicle , it was not ready as it was not roadworthy . They had no PPE available at all . They did not provide us with us with a fatigue day . We worked 24 days straight , mostly 12 hour days .

Pros

Money

Cons

Company not organised

Average work for an average company

While working for SCEE, I learned a lot of things. SWA glanding in Hazardous area and non hazardous area environments, welding infrastructure as well as reinforcing the basics of electrical work. The co workers were friendly and easy to get along with. Management wasn't the best, a lot of hollow promises made for the good of company. The training that was promised never followed through. The only thing that made it better was the income.

Professional Construction Company

As apart of the construction team, then commissioning team, tasks varied from day to day. At the start of the project it was running cables and installing cable tray, mid way through was termination and testing of cables, then toward the end was commissioning all the plant and apparatus which was installed. Safety was the number 1 priority so all the team looked out for each other and followed strict procedures to ensure every one worked in a safe manner. I made a lot of friends on this job which we had gone through a lot together and spent a lot of time with. The hardest part of the job was the extreme heat that we worked in during the Summer months. The most enjoyable part of the project was to see the completed construction project pass the major milestone of first ore.

Pros

Having your room made fore you and never having to cook.

Cons

Long hours and long roster rotations.

Enjoyable experience.

Two years working in the Pilbarra was great for meeting people and a healthy lifestyle. It was a great experience and I learnt a great deal relating to the Industrial side of our trade.

Pros

Great climate and location.

scee

Work 10 hour days, 13 days straight 14 day rdo. Great work team job was easy to do. Some of the management was good . I learnt a lot and completed a traineeship with them. Experiencing the fifo life style.

great company

great company suited towards electrical trades excellent management very good attitude to safety good career opportunities work on eastand west coasts

Pros

fifo

Cons

geared for electrical trades

Large experienced company

Typical construction company. large amount of work in remote areas including mining and gas. Good office atmosphere. always willing to assist in whatever way they can.

Pros

Friendly aproachable staff

Cons

Good Job for hard working people who enjoy great pay for hard work.

Great company to work for. A typical days work was up early, work hard and get paid well. No problems with that!!! Management was very good, the staff were well looked after. Co-workers were great. Most of us are here for the same thing. Work hard, great pay and get the job done well. Leaving it. Pay day and meeting new people.

Pros

4/1 Roster is great for my lifestyle

Cons

Job ending!

Let me use and develop skills I have ,that works out good for all.

Running cables , tying cables, ewp operations, operating franna, telehandlers, truck driving. Learned to be versitile. Management were good at creating oppertunitys for me to use my skills. Great crew to work with. 4 Week rosters are long but a week off at the end of that is the best. Being appreciated for a job done well in a difficult location is a plus.

Pros

Giving oppertunity.

Cons

Long stints away.

Daily Running of site facilities

Start work at 5,15 Am Check email, collect pre start and sign on sheet, breath test unit, start pre start at 6.00 am sign on of staff and breath test staff, raise task and points to be address, material movement, delivery of material to site, order to be placed, Vehicle plant and equipment servicing and repairs, Asset management, Crane operation and forward planing of lifts and permits and lift study, Crane inspection of Sub contractors, Inspection of plant and certification requirements, Bus management of drivers and bus. Purchase order for material, sub contractors and services, Payment of invoices, attend management meeting, set goals to achieve work tasks, address Administration issue. vehicle servicing in Karratha, pick up material from suppliers and over night material. Managment of the on site IT net work, Vehicle Register. Management of all the on site office facilities at work location. Management of Potable water to arrive on site, grey water removal, water testing, waste removal, back loading of material. Management of Free Issue material off Client.

Pros

Setting Goals

Cons

Lack of planing

Good company,they look after their employee.

They work very profesional specially when it comes to safety of their employee.The workplace is organise and safe,very productive and team effort.All good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at scee. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• scee