Scenic World Employee Reviews

4.4Job Security & Advancement
productive and fun workplace
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Katoomba NSW11 December 2017
Great people to work with always had a laugh, always had something to do whether it be cleaning or helping customers or other departments.

I learnt great customer service skills and computer skills.
the management could be better but always helpful

hardest part of the job is dealing with the difficult customers but I was taught very well how to deal with them professionally and calmly.
Pros
Free Lunches
Productive and Fast Paced Work Environment
Barista and Team Member (Current Employee) –  Katoomba NSW6 November 2017
Always busy and I learnt how to deal with language barriers and cultural differences. I enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and working in such a large team. Sometimes when it got very busy, I found it stressful but I was able to work under the pressure.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Busy all the time
High-energetic staffs and great work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Katoomba NSW25 April 2017
- Guide and encourage visitors to vote for the Sculpture Exhibition
- More confident to communicate with strange people
- Time management and teamwork, flexible
- Get to know more people and experience the multi-culture from both staffs and visitors
- Handle everything without break time when don't have enough volunteers
- Meet new experienced people and gain more valuable world, work and cultures, people and have chances to look through the exhibition with better view about the artworks
Pros
Free first beverage and 25% discounted food
Cons
Fun, exciting place to work with thousands of customers daily from all around the world. Good for testing your cross cultural skills.
Ticketing - Christmas Casual/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Katoomba NSW25 September 2016
A typical day depends entirely on your department (i was in ticketing). this included selling tickets, start/end of day banking procedures, meet and greet, general assistance, and a lot of communication with people of all cultures.
i learned a lot about communication, but also about general business operations as this was my first job.
management is pretty good, they rotate staff well for breaks and get to know each and every one of their staff as well as paying well particularly with awards.
coworkers were mostly also christmas casuals like myself, so were similar in age and experience to me. the older, more experienced staff were always willing to assist where needed.
the biggest challenge was, apart from being s first job, overcoming significant cultural barriers particularly with language.
the most enjoyable part was the fact that i got to meet so many peoples and be a part of what was a great experience for most customers.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner
Cons
building can get extremely packed with so many people during peak period, these crowds are sometimes not well managed.