Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 5,764 reviews
Work work work
Labourer (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 July 2018
my experience in oil and gas was good
Not much of a family life outside of work due to working all the time
Good group of guys in my section to work with
Pros
Good work mates
Cons
Long hours, no family time
Hard-working, productive, well established company
Front Crew Supervisor / Trouble Shooter (Former Employee) –  Australia11 June 2018
At schlumberger I learnt how to manage people and solve problems. A typical day is spent in the outback of Australia, in hot, summer conditions, driving a 4WD in the desert and doing physical, constant work outside.
The hardest part of the job was being away from home for 6 weeks at a time.
The most enjoyable part was having fun with the crew if you had a good crew out there.
Pros
Extremely well paid
Cons
6 week hitches with only 2-3 weeks off
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kish12 November 2017
Possibility to develop and grow. All depends on your peprformance. Mostly good people around. Different locations worldwide within career. Schools and constant development.
Good place to work with lots of training
Application and Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 June 2017
great place to work. nice work ethics and employee benefits were very good. some times no very well organized and lack of job planning.
very good for training personnel.
Best service provider company
Geomechanics Engineer (Current Employee) –  Europe13 June 2017
Schlumberger is the perfect company to build a technical career with expertise in any area you are interested in.
We have access, facilities and sufficient material to learn as much as we can as long as the employee has the attitude to always improve the personal knowledge.
Schlumberger have an excellent career path according to the needs of every employee, and have always the chances to move from technical to administrative paths if desired.
interesting company to consult for
Safety Auditor (Former Employee) –  asia15 March 2017
result driven culture busy fast paced very intense .No nonsense full on business orientated management High quality high stand of output expected/ demanded
Pros
high standardcexpected
Cons
No bludgers tolerated
Good pay and training as comparsion to other market players
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Australia31 January 2017
My most recent position was with Schlumberger and I was in charge for daily operations of fieldwork activities to ensure engineering jobs are performed safely and efficiently, within required timelines and client specifications.
Wonderful benefits that Schlumberger offered such as diversified, continuous educational training in all areas, great environment,
Pros
Good benefits (medical, paid holiday, equity etc)
Cons
Terrible work life balance as a field engineer
Good place to learn & grow faster & challenge yourself
Senior Directional Driller / Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA5 January 2017
Employee turn over is high as per industry requirement & work situation. Good training & learning opportunities. Good management & HSEQ culture. High expectations & performance monitoring. Good tools & technology with reliability & troubleshooting & learning culture.
Pros
Fast paced career progression enviornment
Cons
low employee retention
Excellent career progression, packages and training at a price
Field Service Supervisor/ Technician/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 November 2016
A typical day would be up at 0430 hrs and have permits, toolbox meetings, shift changeover, shower and breakfast and ready to work by 0600 hrs. 0900 hrs would be 15 min break, 1200 hrs 30 minute lunch break, 1500 hrs 15 min break and 1800 hrs would be shift change. Before bed paperwork, permits, dinner, clean up, responding to any emails that came during the day, touch base with management would have to be completed and then the shift/routine repeats itself until job is complete. My work pattern towards the end of my employment was 3 weeks on and 2 weeks off, 7 days a week, 24/7.

Things I learnt was time management, liaising with the client in a professional manner, importance of current up to date paperwork (always keep on top of it and never let it go a few days unchecked/updated), how to handle confrontations and workload pressure, sharing my knowledge with new intakes freely and guiding them through the learning/training process of the company and handling any issues they may have come across.

There's a lot of red tape in management and restraints. Management is always under pressure from above which is fed down the chain.

Co-workers and the guys you work with in the field (banter) is second to none. All are there for each other, buddy system, look out for one another. Also their level of expertise/knowledge and skills again, are second to none and the best in the industry. You either know your stuff or your don't ( no one tends to last long if they don't know their stuff).

Hardest part in 10 years was always being away, harsh working environments, working alone
  more... (from your own company), isolated and working in some volatile areas.

Most enjoyable part of the job was no two days were the same, the different people you interacted with across the country and different cultures, friendships created with people you would never ever normal meet otherwise, helicopter/boat travel, working in remote location (sometimes tourist iconic locations), working in different countries, in the middle of the ocean, different structures. It's a totally different lifestyle of working and living, wild and scary times but very harsh on family life.
Pros
Top notch training, Health care, Super, Shares save scheme, variety, excellent food, travel
Cons
12 to 16 hour days, family and social sacrifice, isolation, loneliness
Productive and friendly workplace because of the good atmosphere between the coleague
Subsea specialist job Supervisor and coordinator (Former Employee) –  Angola,Congo, Ivory Cost, Gabon17 November 2016
At Schlumberger I had the opportunity to performance and to prove my skills.I learned to communiate with different clients and to lead groups
Leadership people and time management obtained by leading a groupe of more than 15 employees .
Schlumberger is the best compagnie that I learn new technology and in Schlumberger the safety is the first
hard working but well done
Internship engineer (Former Employee) –  sfax12 November 2016
Maintenance and installation of mechanical systems
We tried every time to improve the quality of our services
In addition we made a training in the installation of machines clc which will be used elsewhere of our local
Amazing platform to grow
Operations Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jandakot7 September 2016
Broad platform to learn and grow on wide range of technological fields. Exposure to wide range of technological applications and opportunity to learn working with diverse workmen.
Pros
Huge learning exposure
Cons
Work-life balance poor, lack of management
Productive & increased opportunities to learn & execute our tasks
FIELD ENGINEER AND DATA ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Perth WA2 August 2016
Its great to be a part of the company but it lacks work-life balance to meet its demands.The hardest part is to stay away from family for days together & have managed to live a tough soldier-like life till date.
Pros
Benefits with regards to salary
Cons
Time spent with family & Work-life balance
Gained knowledge and experience
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Perth, Australia9 June 2016
as a started work in schlumberger with data analyst and later reached to post of geologist / geopressure analyst. Had bad and good experiences with job specially when I worked in Africa and Mexico .bad attitude and unsupporting nature of co-workers made my job even more challenging but finished my assignment with flying colours and got the trust and support from my colleagues.
I enjoyed work in US and Australia with great clients .
Pros
good remuneration package with benefits
Cons
immature management
great opportunity
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jandakot WA 616419 February 2016
learn from ground up which is very rewarding, gain experience very quickly and plenty of practical and technical work within the comapny.
Working offshore is very challenging and fast gain knowledge
Field Technician Analyst's (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA23 January 2016
I really enjoy working for Schlumberger. I get to travel the world to work and meeting different people. Most of all I get to work with oil and gas industry.
A challenging company to work in with a lot of knowledge to pursue
Service Delivery and technical support (Former Employee) –  Indonesia and Australia15 January 2016
A fast paced and very professional company. QHSE is of utmost importance. Doing it right the first time, every time, is a must.

It is a company with a wealth of knowledge to gain if one will go the distance.

Your career is in your own hands. Be outspoken and make yourself heard.
Pros
A lot of knowledge available at your fingertips.
Cons
Managers change too quick, and you can get bad ones as your manager.
Enjoyable working with good teams with some very bright young people.
Senior Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia17 November 2015
While with Schlumberger, it has been my pleasure to work with some enthusiastic,diligent and bright young people. Schlumberger provides good personnel and given the right opportunities these personnel can become some of the best service providers the industry has to offer. It is a shame that diligence is not given to their training or promotion and some are have left the industry disappointed.

Having said that, Schlumberger offers, what I believe, is the best training and promotional prospects for employees but falls short in encouraging employees to succeed. Unfortunately in today's competitive and financially stressed environment, overworked management and employees sometimes fail to realise and take advantage of opportunities.
Pros
Great training, brilliant people.
Cons
Lack of recognition, overworking, lack of promotion.
Challenging but worth while experience
Asset Business Systems Admin D&M APG (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA11 November 2015
Learnt a lot of new skills with this employer. The conditions were satisfactory and the work environment good. Due to current global trends employees expected to multitask and learn new skills which help to expand knowledge base of employee. I enjoyed my time there but am ready for new challenges.
Great Work / Lifestyle
Line Crew (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA13 May 2015
Enjoyed my time here, loved the work and pay salary was definitely worth every cent earned. company have great safety guidelines for workers.
Pros
Meals, Acommodation Provided
Cons
heat in the field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlumberger. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K